Autopsy Pies v Kuwarna (Crows) - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Sat May 18TH 1:45PM (M.C.G.)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's important to enforce the rule, otherwise players will avoid bouncing to prevent being caught htb.
Side bar.... I've been thinking for a while that they should let players run far further without bouncing

I'm talking like 25m at least.

It seems like one of those rules that made sense once upon a time, but isn't particularly relevant in the modern game. And, it would potentially open things up a bit.
Seeing dudes break lines with their running is one of the more exciting parts of modern footy.

Side bar.... I've been thinking for a while that they should let players run far further without bouncing

I'm talking like 25m at least.

It seems like one of those rules that made sense once upon a time, but isn't particularly relevant in the modern game. And, it would potentially open things up a bit.
Seeing dudes break lines with their running is one of the more exciting parts of modern footy.
Agreed. Silly rule that goes against the mantra of spectacle

Rankine bounces the ball pretty much exactly on centre wing. The grass changes colour where the ball bounces:
View attachment 1992549

Ball comes back to his hands here (red line is the edge of the grass strip):
View attachment 1992554

After 1 second the camera then pans back to the wider view
View attachment 1992558

Rankine kicks the ball here, where the free is paid
View attachment 1992560

Which means this is the approximate distance he runs
View attachment 1992563

Anyone who wants to argue that that is genuinely less than 15 metres should permanently delete their account.

You clearly don't believe that umpiring needs to be consistent, and that it is completely acceptable to officiate a decision in a way that is totally at odds with how it has been adjudicated all year (all decade? all century?), and to do so in the dying minute of an incredibly close game. What an embarrassment that you would go to this much trouble. Your bias has stopped your brain from working properly.

Rankine bounces the ball pretty much exactly on centre wing. The grass changes colour where the ball bounces:
View attachment 1992549

Ball comes back to his hands here (red line is the edge of the grass strip):
View attachment 1992554

After 1 second the camera then pans back to the wider view
View attachment 1992558

Rankine kicks the ball here, where the free is paid
View attachment 1992560

Which means this is the approximate distance he runs
View attachment 1992563

Anyone who wants to argue that that is genuinely less than 15 metres should permanently delete their account.
I don’t reckon the line actually is where you’ve shown it. You just drew a line lol

So based on the above, Rankine sprinted approx. 28m in 3 seconds?

After 100 minutes or whatever if footy, he was running at Olympic Final speed?
You do understand the clock is only accurate to the nearest second, don’t you?

If you say 3.5 seconds then that’s on pace for 12.5 seconds…good, but not quite Olympic final pace.

What a bizarre argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're happy with players running 25m and without a bounce?

There's two parts to my answer

Firstly, I am. I think that rule is outdated and frankly unnecessary. Put it this way, I'd rather see that rule relaxed or changed than allowing players to throw the ball. Handballing and kicking are fundamentals of the sport. The AFL should not have meddled with them. The 15m rule is not something I see as particularly important to the game.

Secondly, the issue is that they never pay it. To suddenly call it in that scenario was breathtaking. And, they certainly never pay it based on the actual distance. I'd guess there were probably 10 instances today alone where guys ran more than 15m.

You clearly don't believe that umpiring needs to be consistent, and that it is completely acceptable to officiate a decision in a way that is totally at odds with how it has been adjudicated all year (all decade? all century?), and to do so in the dying minute of an incredibly close game. What an embarrassment that you would go to this much trouble. Your bias has stopped your brain from working properly.
Wtf is with this board and embarrassing whataboutism? It literally has nothing to do with the event that occurred. The rules are the rules.

If you want my opinion on how the “run too far” rule is broadly adjudicated, then yes - it has been far too lenient and I would strongly support that changing.

Great game. To the minority of Crows fans who are complete nuffies complaining about one decision after getting an ump chair ride in the rest of the 4th quarter: where abouts would you say that the incident occurred in relation to your position at the time?

Wtf is with this board and embarrassing whataboutism? It literally has nothing to do with the event that occurred. The rules are the rules.

If you want my opinion on how the “run too far” rule is broadly adjudicated, then yes - it has been far too lenient and I would strongly support that changing.
It's not whataboutism. It's exactly on point. The outrage is the inconsistency, and that the umpire would choose that particular moment to suddenly adjudicate to the letter of the law. What can't you understand about that?

Said it earlier in the thread if Keane was pinged in the Collingwood forward line as he should've been you would've had a shot on goal & the Rankine hit the lead goal that directly followed never happens.. now I'm doomed to another week of Crow fans whinging about umpiring YAY ugh.
Except it should been a free kick to Nankervis for a hold about 10 before that .

Should never enters their f50 in the first place

Back