Autopsy Pies v Kuwarna (Crows) - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Sat May 18TH 1:45PM (M.C.G.)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have notice page after page of fans complaining about the rules, yet they dont know them.

It is the distance travelled, not the steps taken.

20 Cliff Young shuffles, would not be as far as 10 Buddy strides.

Rankin was getting chased hard, his legs and mind were both running flat out.
He didn't get called for 15mt, or 18, or even 20. It was way too far.
It was unfortunate, it was a shame and there is every chance that Collingwood would have defended the ball anyway, as they tend to do.

It is just sad that people would rather hunt for something to complain about, then appreciated a great game, which had real star factor.

A free kick gets missed, lets complain.
A blatant free gets paid, lets complain.

There are no more sookier fans than AFL fans.

Hence why the gameday threads are unreadable anymore.

I have notice page after page of fans complaining about the rules, yet they dont know them.

It is the distance travelled, not the steps taken.

20 Cliff Young shuffles, would not be as far as 10 Buddy strides.

Rankin was getting chased hard, his legs and mind were both running flat out.
He didn't get called for 15mt, or 18, or even 20. It was way too far.
It was unfortunate, it was a shame and there is every chance that Collingwood would have defended the ball anyway, as they tend to do.

It is just sad that people would rather hunt for something to complain about, then appreciated a great game, which had real star factor.

A free kick gets missed, lets complain.
A blatant free gets paid, lets complain.

There are no more sookier fans than AFL fans.

Hence why the gameday threads are unreadable anymore.
Yep, there are 1 million other sports to follow, even different footy leagues, but no, they would rather follow the corrupt, Vic bias AFL.

Stopped and propped, never got close to top speed and changed direction. Did he travel 15 metres? Cant tell from that vision.
They can never tell.

They guess.

That's why it's so putrid to suddenly decided to guess at such a critical time in a game.

As I e said before, if you never pay it, and only pay it when someone runs about 40m, over a period of years that becomes the defacto interpretation that everyone plays to.
So those claiming that the umpire was correct, whilst true to the letter of the law - it was not consistent with the interpretation over the past decade.

So in a critical contest, you suddenly decide to guess on the conservative side??!

Bizarre decision making.

As I previously pointed out, if a player walks the ball over the boundary line without making a genuine attempt to keep the ball in - it is a free kick for Insufficient Intent. That's the letter of the law.
But we all know that umpires do not pay this. It happens dozens of times each week, and it doesn't get paid. What we, and the players know, is that 40m kicks that roll over the boundary do get paid as Insufficient Intent. This has become the defacto rule because this has been a consistent interpretation of the rule for years now.

If an umpire suddenly paid a free kick for a guy walking the ball over the line, people would be shocked and outraged. The umpire would be correct to the letter of the law - but it would extraordinary to suddenly pay it when it hasn't been interpreted that way for so long.

They can never tell.

They guess.

That's why it's so putrid to suddenly decided to guess at such a critical time in a game.

As I e said before, if you never pay it, and only pay it when someone runs about 40m, over a period of years that becomes the defacto interpretation that everyone plays to.
So those claiming that the umpire was correct, whilst true to the letter of the law - it was not consistent with the interpretation over the past decade.

So in a critical contest, you suddenly decide to guess on the conservative side??!

Bizarre decision making.

As I previously pointed out, if a player walks the ball over the boundary line without making a genuine attempt to keep the ball in - it is a free kick for Insufficient Intent. That's the letter of the law.
But we all know that umpires do not pay this. It happens dozens of times each week, and it doesn't get paid. What we, and the players know, is that 40m kicks that roll over the boundary do get paid as Insufficient Intent. This has become the defacto rule because this has been a consistent interpretation of the rule for years now.

If an umpire suddenly paid a free kick for a guy walking the ball over the line, people would be shocked and outraged. The umpire would be correct to the letter of the law - but it would extraordinary to suddenly pay it when it hasn't been interpreted that way for so long.

Where are these other examples of players running 30metres without it being called? Please, present your evidence.

They can never tell.

They guess.

Bizarre decision making.

If 25m can't be called late in a game because it is "marginal", where do we make the threshold? 35m? 40m?

They can never tell.

They guess.

Bizarre decision making.

You’re right, they guess, and they tend to give leeway in these types of calls, ie. they won’t call it unless it’s blatantly too far and obvious for everyone to see. Rankine ran 60% further than the rules allow before he was penalised. This is not a marginal call, it was blatantly too far, and only blind idiots would complain about an entirely fair and justified free kick being paid for this.

You’re right, they guess, and they tend to give leeway in these types of calls, ie. they won’t call it unless it’s blatantly too far and obvious for everyone to see. Rankine ran 60% further than the rules allow before he was penalised. This is not a marginal call, it was blatantly too far, and only blind idiots would complain about an entirely fair and justified free kick being paid for this.
I don't think it being 60% further than what the rule book says is relevant.

What is relevant, is how far he ran compared to how umpires have adjudicated the rule for the past decade.

Where are these other examples of players running 30metres without it being called? Please, present your evidence.
Harley Reid ran way further than 15m in his much lauded 'don't argue spree' from the weekend that is being replayed everywhere.

No one has even remotely suggested that he should have been pinged for Too Far.

That's because umpires have not interpreted the rule as literally 15m in decades.

What is relevant, is how far he ran compared to how umpires have adjudicated the rule for the past dedecade.
Eventually if you keep putting forth silly notion s
Everyone else will get tired of pointlessly responding and you can have the last say and the thread will end...

What is relevant, is how far he ran compared to how umpires have adjudicated the rule for the past decade.
“Breaking the rules isn’t relevant” of course it’s relevant you pillock.

Harley Reid ran way further than 15m in his much lauded 'don't argue spree' from the weekend that is being replayed everywhere.

That's because umpires have not interpreted the rule as literally 15m in decades.
Has that been confirmed, or are you just counting steps and not accounting for him propping and changing direction which result in much smaller strides?
I’m wagering the latter.

Ever noticed how the AFL come out and talk about 'cracking down' on certain things?

Ever noticed how suddenly this season no one is getting pinged for HTB?

And have you ever noticed that when this stuff happens, the official Laws of The Game are NOT updated to reflect the new interpretations?

Ever noticed how the Laws of The Game states that a player cannot force the ball over the line without making a genuine attempt to keep it in? And have you ever noticed that that NEVER gets paid?

Ever noticed that the Laws of the Game state that it's a free kick if you dispute a decision? And have you ever noticed that players dispute decisions all the time now?

What about not being allowed to make high contact with a player? The Laws say nothing about ducking. But whaddya know?? The umpires don't pay it if you duck. Funny that. The actual rule is irrelevant.

I could on for hours with examples of how the Laws of the Game are not relevant - but it is instead the current interpretation that is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't even understand what the argument is about, you pillock. You want to make it a different argument, that just so happens to favour the result for Collingwood.

The argument, that you lot seem so determined not to understand, is not how far Rankine ran (i.e. whether the rule was broken or not), but how the umpire decided to enforce the rule much more strictly than is usual, at such a crucial stage.

You seem to want to die in the ditch on this, but just because Lavendar Bushranger seems to be last one still standing trying to get into your thick numbskulls what the issue is, doesn't mean you are persuasive.

And don't start saying blind freddy could tell he ran too far. That's a lie. As many pundits have commented, it was surprising the whistle went. Maybe not surprising to Collingwood supporters though - hard to judge distance with only one eye

Amazing that people are blaming the umpire for making the correct decision.

Maybe instead they should point the finger at Rankin for the error.

He could have fairly easily bounced the ball another time and there would have been no decision to be made. Heck, he bounced the ball once at around 7 strides and decided to run at least double that again before he kicked…

But that doesn’t suit the umpire bashing/blaming narrative that seems to permeate the AFL world.

Last edited:

That's not what I said. You said players have run the same distance or more than Rankine and not been penalized, I'm just asking for examples to prove your point? Who ran 30 meters without being penalized?

Amazing that people are blaming the umpire for making the correct decision.

Maybe instead they should point the finger at Rankin for the error.

He could have fairly easily bounced the ball another time and there would have been no decision to be made. Heck, he bounced the ball once at around 7 strides and decided to run at least double that again before he kicked…

But that doesn’t suit the umpire bashing/blaming narrative that seems to permeate the AFL world.

Yeah, people abuse umpires then they're surprised when no one wants to umpire and the quality is low 😂

Like hello genius, do you not see the correlation?

Johnny Noble's goal was wonderful.

Loved how he received the ball about 8-10 metees inside the centre square, ran and kicked.frpm about 4-6 metres inside 50. ... 🤔 ... 8-10 + 10 + 4-6 = 22-26 metres. .. zero bounces.

Delicious. .

You don't even understand what the argument is about, you pillock. You want to make it a different argument, that just so happens to favour the result for Collingwood.

The argument, that you lot seem so determined not to understand, is not how far Rankine ran (i.e. whether the rule was broken or not), but how the umpire decided to enforce the rule much more strictly than is usual, at such a crucial stage.

You seem to want to die in the ditch on this, but just because Lavendar Bushranger seems to be last one still standing trying to get into your thick numbskulls what the issue is, doesn't mean you are persuasive.

And don't start saying blind freddy could tell he ran too far. That's a lie. As many pundits have commented, it was surprising the whistle went. Maybe not surprising to Collingwood supporters though - hard to judge distance with only one eye
Much more strictly than usual? Spare me, the last guy who tried to find examples of players running 24m+ without bouncing the ball and not being penalised had to go back over a freaking decade to show one. I’ve had Adelaide supporters coming at me for days saying Noble did it, and then Daicos did it in the same game and they’ve been proven wrong every single time. There was one example from the Brisbane game that almost went as far as Rankine, which really should have been called too, but was still a couple of meters shorter.

Please tell me more how umpires never pay these and they were way harsher than normal and I’ll keep laughing at you and calling out your bs.

Johnny Noble's goal was wonderful.

Loved how he received the ball about 8-10 metees inside the centre square, ran and kicked.frpm about 4-6 metres inside 50. ... 🤔 ... 8-10 + 10 + 4-6 = 22-26 metres. .. zero bounces.

Delicious. .
Wonderful, hello burner account, this is one I’ve already disproven with basic maths. Let’s break it down:
Noble receives the handball and proceeds to take 10 steps before kicking. At an average of 1.5-1.7m per stride you’re looking at 15-17m distance. Right on the edge of what’s legal, pretty tough to eyeball though. To doubly confirm this, the distance of the mowed lines is 9m. Noble receives the ball about 1-2m from the edge of the line he’s in. He then runs across a full line and kicks around 3-4m inside the next line. That comes once again to roughly 15m.

Keep em coming chumps, I can do this all day.

Lol, maybe you should read the question you ask.
Port were 7pts up when the Cameron goal was disallowed, so if it was allowed Cats were still 1pt down.
Ball goes back to middle, 6,6,6 applies, anyones game.
It didnt cost them the game, they had time score again and couldnt.

Wonderful, hello burner account, this is one I’ve already disproven with basic maths. Let’s break it down:
Noble receives the handball and proceeds to take 10 steps before kicking. At an average of 1.5-1.7m per stride you’re looking at 15-17m distance. Right on the edge of what’s legal, pretty tough to eyeball though. To doubly confirm this, the distance of the mowed lines is 9m. Noble receives the ball about 1-2m from the edge of the line he’s in. He then runs across a full line and kicks around 3-4m inside the next line. That comes once again to roughly 15m.

Keep em coming chumps, I can do this all day.
😴
You sound like a really fun guy.

I'm a Collimgwood supporting human BTW

I'll take.ypur word.for it, regardless your maths.
I'm fairly.sure it 10m from square to 50 though.

I was only being facetious. To my naked eye, it looked well over 15 metres.

I think you do agree somewhere in your brutal take down of yours truly, it was over 15 metres and thus, however marginally, technically a gree kick.

I hoped.to bait some Crows fans, irony and stuff.

I've hooked something entirely.differnt

😴
You sound like a really fun guy.

I'm a Collimgwood supporting human BTW

I'll take.ypur word.for it, regardless your maths.
I'm fairly.sure it 10m from square to 50 though.

I was only being facetious. To my naked eye, it looked well over 15 metres.

I think you do agree somewhere in your brutal take down of yours truly, it was over 15 metres and thus, however marginally, technically a gree kick.

I hoped.to bait some Crows fans, irony and stuff.

I've hooked something entirely.differnt

Are you sober right now?

Footy nuffs hate Collingwood so much they want the rules bent so the Magpies might have a 2% chance of losing a close game.

Acting like you’re upset about the consistency of the officiating is embarrassing. Imagine Hill or Daicos got pinged for that with the game on the line, costing Collingwood a last chance of winning the game. Would you be in here calling the Pies hard done by? No chance in hell.

Stop lying to yourselves. You aren’t upset about the call. You’re upset the Pies won again.

Back