Streaming Poker Face

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Just landed on Stan, and it has such a fantastic cast, led by the fabulous and underrated Natasha Lyonne (whom I have had a crush on for years) and Adrian Brody.

Just started watching the pilot episode now, but I have noticed it's been getting a lot of high/positive reviews.

It certainly looks very promising 10 minutes in :)

Keen on your thoughts after 4 or so episodes.
I got 3

Is it derivative and formulaic and do those 2 words mean the same?

Yes. But it's ok.

I thought it may stay in episode 1 territory a bit longer but I think it will get back there.

It's taken me a bit to get used to Lyonnes voice and mannerisms and all I can see is s Pia Zadora but she pulls it off.

Look forward to more loc cabinet things you put stuff in what's that word locker that's it locker talk

Did the first 4 and it was Mrs who said nah need a break it’s a bit predictable

I don’t mind it. I like how they set up the crime and then blend her into it.

Idk if a crime a week is sustainable in this age.

Gav was a lol stand out

I enjoyed the latest episode with the aging hippies quite a lot tbh :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not a big fan of weekly murder dramas and that’s going to be my biggest issue

The former of the marvellous Only Murders in the Building (an absolute delight on Disney +) where a murder is solved over the entire season is better, but given there is a different set of characters and ensable actors/guest stars every week here, I don't mind it.

Still a series finding its feet, but I don't mind new series that generally have stand alone episodes (don't have to necessarily watch the previous one)

It doesn't happen much anymore.

Idk

I was never into a murder a week shows and I suppose the closest I came was Moonlighting so I’m not overly surprised that as much that it’s enjoyable, every episode feels like meh

On the same topic how sad it is to hear of Willis…his rapid fire verbal gymnastics in Moonlighting were sublime. It took until he was 35 to make it big. Sad.

Episode 1 was fantastic then it kinda fell off a cliff Episode 2 without being horrible. I might persist but with 1,000 other shows on streaming services right now something really needs to stand out to hold my attention.

To me it's a good background show. Probably the most formulaic show I've watched since I was a kid, but enjoyable enough cast and story generally. I've been watching it some days at work when I'm kinda sorta doing work at the same time. 100% not gripping tele.

Only a couple of eps to go in S1 for me now.

Yes it is derivative and formulaic, but I enjoy it as an easy watch

I seem to pick the key clue early on in the early episodes pretty easily.

I really like the guest "has been" actors, and the general rural tone of the show. It's funny and warm in parts and Natasha Lyonne has an amazing screen charisma.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back