Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

I suppose they could have gone and put his mum or something in front of a camera ala Rodney King as a de-escalation move.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I suppose they could have gone and put his mum or something in front of a camera ala Rodney King as a de-escalation move.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
I don't think it's about George Floyd anymore it's about burnin', lootin' & rumblin'

What action should he have taken?

you’ve been told a hundred times that not going to twitter and threatening genocide after a tragedy would be the least you could expect a sensible person to do.

they are laying in a bed of their own making.

Its 2020 and for the millionth ******* time a black man was murdered by the cops in broad daylight.

as someone else said in a time of tragedy the president should have been trying to de-escalate the situation. Instead of twitter a presidential address.

instead of telling people the national guard are going in to shoot people how about telling them they will respect people’s right to protest and Nat guard may be sent in to help control the small rogue element who may escalate.

engaging with the mayor instead of flaming them by insulting them over twitter.

and how about starting to address the issues that caused this mess in the first place?

instead of telling people the national guard are going in to shoot people how about telling them they will respect people’s right to protest and Nat guard may be sent in to help control the small rogue element who may escalate.

A respectful burning down of a city :D

Some stupid cop murdered a suspect on the street and the people decided how they wish to protest against the actions/lack of from a local perspective. People have a right to protest but this is well beyond that and needing some pro-active measures to be taking to stop more innocent people being killed, injured or having their businesses ruined by a group of people who just want to cause as much damage as possible.

And I do like your suggestion to bring in the National guard!!

Last edited:
A respectful burning down of a city :D

Some stupid cop murdered a suspect on the street and the people decided how they wish to protest against the actions/lack of from a local perspective. People have a right to protest but this is well beyond that and needing some pro-active measures to be taking to stop more innocent people being killed, injured or having their businesses ruined by a group of people who just want to cause as much damage as possible.

And I do like your suggestion to bring in the National guard!!

I like how you’re pretending that this was an isolated incident.

also I note your reference to Floyd as a suspect.

he was in no way a suspect. He was a bystander.

I was referring to trumps insistence that the guard come in and shoot people. If you decided that the guard or just general reinforcements were needed you could make it clear that people can protest freely and that policing will respect that and only deal with people who take it too far.

George Floyd did not deserve to die at the knee of a policeman who should have known through his training that it would potentially kill the man. This policeman would have used the same method to immobilize a white man or a yellow man. That is what makes me angry about this issue. Police in many parts of the Western World Australia included are not serving the public they are duty bound to protect. But doing something else.
As far as all the looting protesting and violence as a consequence this is something else. The looters be they black white or brindle are scumbags of the highest order...so too the fire starters the cop car destroyers. I have no sympathy for what happens to them whatsoever.

If Barrack Obama couldn't address the issues what hope does anyone else have?

When Obama tried to change healthcare and gun legislation he was blocked by republicans, lobbies and sections of the media. This is a part of the larger issue.

the position of president of the United States is a large cog in a much larger machine.

surely people have to believe that there was a better way to handle this than what trump has done.

Donald is a campaigner (newsflash) but I'd still like to hear the alternatives as to quelling the rioters.. lattes & frog cakes all round?

To be clear. I’m not suggesting that any given theoretical competent/functional President should shut up and keep out of something like this. I am suggesting that Donald Trump in particular should shut up and keep out of something like this. He has the unique gift of raising the tone of any discourse by his absence.

Edit: Jumbo reminds me this is not in fact a unique gift.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be clear. I’m not suggesting that any given theoretical competent/functional President should shut up and keep out of something like this. I am suggesting that Donald Trump in particular should shut up and keep out of something like this. He has the unique gift of raising the tone of any discourse by his absence.
I don't think anyone wants Trump twittering he's a goose but this situation was always heading that way.. it's a cesspit on all sides nothing but aggression.

When Obama tried to change healthcare and gun legislation he was blocked by republicans, lobbies and sections of the media. This is a part of the larger issue.

the position of president of the United States is a large cog in a much larger machine.

surely people have to believe that there was a better way to handle this than what trump has done.

It doesn't matter. If Trump were to handle it better it's just serving that very same machine.

Burn it down.

I don't think anyone wants Trump twittering he's a goose but this situation was always heading that way.. it's a cesspit on all sides nothing but aggression.

Yes black Americans should only peaceably protest their own institutionalised murder. They never get criticised for doing that after all.

Dunno just reading the graffiti on the side of torched cop cars in LA

And what’s the ratio of torched cop cars to murdered humans, on your own personal outrage scale? How many cop cars did they have to torch to make you more concerned about that than the precipitating incident?

If someone as silly as the bloke with the orange head had been president during the `cold war ' with the Russians in the late 50's-early 60's, the burning bit may have already happened.

Dountful, Yankies would have torched them and we'd be bowing to the United States of Eastern Europe.

Not that there'd be much left there beyond scorched Earth.

And what’s the ratio of torched cop cars to murdered humans, on your own personal outrage scale? How many cop cars did they have to torch to make you more concerned about that than the precipitating incident?
Wow nice irrational leap there.. congrats welcome to the USA

If any of those cop cars are these:

7c3fdd044b621861f37c01f880a0c87e13cf177b.jpg

One will do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back