Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree mate, it's a great day. My favourite thing about January 27 is that it's not a date that commemorates the anniversary of a genocide, making it one of 364 excellent choices of days in which we could host Australia Day.
That's the spirit, the convicts disembarked on this date - lets drink to the 1st convicts!!

Last edited:
Changing the date is probably inevitable at this point. I agree that there's too many PH's this time of year and not enough in the second half.

Agree mate, it's a great day. My favourite thing about January 27 is that it's not a date that commemorates the anniversary of a genocide, making it one of 364 excellent choices of days in which we could host Australia Day.

Just curious but does Germany have a day to celebrate the start of WWII where they all wave German flags and talk about how, for better or worse, they picked that day to exterminate the Jews?

Just curious but does Germany have a day to celebrate the start of WWII where they all wave German flags and talk about how, for better or worse, they picked that day to exterminate the Jews?
The cause of celebration on Australia day is lost on the woke but normal Australians love it, I hope you're enjoying your day Notso!

Jewish persecution didn't start on the first day of the war.
Pretty bad analogy, you'd be better off comparing Australia Day to Columbus Day or something.

You know, I don't believe they do. I'm not a history buff so I'm not exactly sure why that is, but if I had to guess I'd say that it was because hosting your country's day of celebration to commemorate a genocide would be ****ing insane.

The cause of celebration on Australia day is lost on the woke but normal Australians love it, I hope you're enjoying your day Notso!

Any chance you're ever going to stop trying to pervert the argument into 'should Australia Day exist at all' when you know full well that the actual argument is 'should Australia Day take place on January 26', and provide a reason or two why you think January 26 is the most appropriate day for Australia Day?

I don't know why I'm bothering to ask this, because I know you won't.

You know, I don't believe they do. I'm not a history buff so I'm not exactly sure why that is, but if I had to guess I'd say that it was because hosting your country's day of celebration to commemorate a genocide would be ****ing insane.

Those who actually believe that people who enjoy Australia Day are celebrating genocide are ****ing insane.

Any chance you're ever going to stop trying to pervert the argument into 'should Australia Day exist at all' when you know full well that the actual argument is 'should Australia Day take place on January 26', and provide a reason or two why you think January 26 is the most appropriate day for Australia Day?

Are you really asking me a question, I asked you a question (twice) yesterday yet you quite happily refused to answer it - you obviously believe in your elevated sense of entitlement over me! :)

People love a public holiday nobody celebrates apart from a bogan oi oi element who have been further neutered by Cricket Australia not recognizing it anymore.. good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recently traced an 11 yo female relative from 6 generations back who was transported to Australia as `breeding stock' on the second fleet for the new colony, and I strongly doubt she and many of those transported with her saw themselves as invaders.

Still I guess transportation for life for stealing clothes was better than her original sentence of death by hanging.
Interestingly her sentence, and she survived well into her 80's, was many years longer than both of her `husbands' who were each transported for 12 years, one of them was an embezzler and the other a heavy duty criminal who had committed a number of serious assaults.

I'll bite.

Because I'm yet to see an alternative people agree on.

Are you really asking me a question, I asked you a question (twice) yesterday yet you quite happily refused to answer it - you obviously believe in your elevated sense of entitlement over me! :)

This post is exactly why I didn't bother to engage with you. You have no interest in engaging with the actual issue, which is 'should Australia Day be held on January 26?' The question you asked me had nothing to do with that issue, and was a typical blatant attempt from you to distort the argument, because you never have had and never will have any interest in arguing in good faith.

This post is exactly why I didn't bother to engage with you. You have no interest in engaging with the actual issue, which is 'should Australia Day be held on January 26?' The question you asked me had nothing to do with that issue, and was a typical blatant attempt from you to distort the argument, because you never have had and never will have any interest in arguing in good faith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back