Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

Border opening will be delayed. It was pretty obvious given the massive swell of pressure to delay given what has happened over East.

And it should also make it easier for the RWNJs to go mental on social media about how inept our State government is. Looking forward to more creative tweets.

In fairness, think McGowan and co have handled comms poorly lately. But depressingly they have still been better than the Feds and the other State govts.

Border opening will be delayed. It was pretty obvious given the massive swell of pressure to delay given what has happened over East.

And it should also make it easier for the RWNJs to go mental on social media about how inept our State government is. Looking forward to more creative tweets.

In fairness, think McGowan and co have handled comms poorly lately. But depressingly they have still been better than the Feds and the other State govts.
It's great, more time to get the hospitals ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shocked. One trick pony has one trick.

Look forward to opening up to a respiratory virus just in time for a wet Perth winter just as the efficacy of my booster and my aging parents boosters is waning because we did the right thing and timed it with our supposed opening up (during a heatwave).

Just joking, health advice will never indicate any right time to open up so this is our future. Cool.

Looking forward to locking down with the whole family for 2 weeks from the 5th when the wife returns from over east. Double cool. And no live footy games this year. Even more awesome.

/rant

Welp. Guess my son will be driving a car before my dad gets to meet him. Way to go WA.

You can't hide away forever. Had plenty of time to get everyone vaxxed and the hospitals ready. No excuses now.
Im sorry mate - my sister thinks/understands that she can still come back in as is a WA resident and quarantine at significant loss of income for her but she will be physically separated from her husband again for a long time - she is devastated (and angry) by the news.

I also have a number of friends and colleagues who are just so desparate to the point of clinical depression and/or marital separation to see family members again and had trips booked that are now up in the air.

Here's hoping it is not too long a delay, and that the authorities and institutions that have failed to use their time wisely at least make a proper plan this time.

Called it months back and was laughed at on here.
Fremantle or west coast will not play a game of AFL footy in Western Australia in 2022.
Mark my words.
Edit:
They will play a derby and then head east indefinitely.
Maybe we can return to WA for the first derby (and hopefully we're open for the second), I doubt they'll change the fixture now.

Stupid idea from an imbecile to suggest children drive forklifts and was rightly consigned to the rubbish bin by the premiers.
If it was suggested to Morrison he should have realised it was dumb idea and shelved it Just shows the intelligence of the man to even think that was a good idea.
Didn't hear him say it was a good idea as I say don't let the truth get in the way of your point of view.
Stupid idea from an imbecile to suggest children drive forklifts and was rightly consigned to the rubbish bin by the premiers.
If it was suggested to Morrison he should have realised it was dumb idea and shelved it Just shows the intelligence of the man to even think that was a good idea.

Im sorry mate - my sister thinks/understands that she can still come back in as is a WA resident and quarantine at significant loss of income for her but she will be physically separated from her husband again for a long time - she is devastated (and angry) by the news.

I also have a number of friends and colleagues who are just so desparate to the point of clinical depression and/or marital separation to see family members again and had trips booked that are now up in the air.

Here's hoping it is not too long a delay, and that the authorities and institutions that have failed to use their time wisely at least make a proper plan this time.
It will be minimum three months, likely four.

The rationale is not that the preparations are not ready - but that two doses doesn’t seem very effective against Omicron so we’ll stay closed until 80%+ of triple doses.

Given we only just hit 80% double dose a couple of weeks ago and ATAGI require 3 months between second and third dose then those who got their second dose in the last couple of weeks can’t get their third dose until mid-April at earliest. Plus there’s bound to be pressure on kids having two vaccines and we’ve only just started first doses for under 12s.

My betting would be a June opening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back