Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone think there is actually a decent chance that this referendum wont get up?
The framing is almost impossible to ignore.

That being, vote No and you are a racist.

Having said that, high profile indigenous pollies on both sides are saying no. I don't think many people are aware of it though.

Fixing the issues is not the aim. It’s “a hook”, as Pat Dodson told his indigenous constituents recently, that will lead to lots of money coming their way. Anyway, if the issues are fixed the Voice will no longer be required so the new bureaucracies are not going to “fix” themselves out of a job.

Ah yes that old chestnut!

I don't think it will fail. There's so little required from disconnected city people to get full value for their "I Voted Yes" social media content.

That government will create more government to fix the issues government hasn't fixed yet is beside the point, as is the material positive impact.
I'm not going to vote no but I'm starting to get tempted to just leave the thing blank.

I'm not going to vote no but I'm starting to get tempted to just leave the thing blank.
It’s changing the Constitution that bothers me, when the same result could be achieved by legislation. I fear another ATSIC body that can never be undone.

It should be put to the people of Australia that the constitutional recognition was what was asked for, for a long time.

.. but when the government got to create a new government body to stack with whomever they like and fund however they wish it suddenly became something to do.

As with most political acts, someone is being used and in this case it's indigenous Australia.

I remember hearing a story about a minister who had a highway diverted to run by a roadhouse he owned.
Have you heard of Campbell Newman?

And possibly he isn't even the worst example of recent 'Leaders' in QLD

Highways- Bruce Highway has been a death trap even b4 I moved up here half a lifetime ago.

We're talking about a state that overlooks potholes in the midst of their capital CBD.

And yet, the taxpayers continue to pay out for 'roads'.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...m/news-story/28b8ea742228558a92fa7fd151ad9b1c

I don't get what people are trying to achieve saying absolute rubbish like this.

The ABC is hyper partisan.

And people believe it. From both sides. They have authority because they have been invited on the show and unless challenged strongly on the issue immediately people believe it. Look at all the Russia collusion stuff or many other things. People see it on the news or tv and don't have time to investigate or follow the story so they believe it as truth.

Then when it is shown it isn't the truth many will not change their minds because ego gets in the way.

How many people on the panel were against the voice?

What the ABC reporter says in the clip provided in the article, which isn't the worst of it, is worthy of losing her job. Basically called the opposition leader a racist and a bigot. Disgusting that no one thought to challenge her on that at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And people believe it. From both sides. They have authority because they have been invited on the show and unless challenged strongly on the issue immediately people believe it. Look at all the Russia collusion stuff or many other things. People see it on the news or tv and don't have time to investigate or follow the story so they believe it as truth.

Then when it is shown it isn't the truth many will not change their minds because ego gets in the way.

What the ABC reporter says in the clip provided in the article, which isn't the worst of it, is worthy of losing her job. Basically called the opposition leader a racist and a bigot. Disgusting that no one thought to challenge her on that at the time.
It’s not new though, it’s a statement that’s been made many times, falsely, but when people hear it yet again it just reinforces what they think they already know. With the impending referendum we will hear more and more hyperbolic and plainly untrue assertions to whip up support for the Voice as well as denigrating the No case as much as possible.

It’s not new though, it’s a statement that’s been made many times, falsely, but when people hear it yet again it just reinforces what they think they already know. With the impending referendum we will hear more and more hyperbolic and plainly untrue assertions to whip up support for the Voice as well as denigrating the No case as much as possible.
If one perceives the socio-political situation in Australia and in the wider West as a disease, then language is certainly the carrier.
Appropriation, redefinition, and wotnot.

Comes down to esoteric and exoteric language, and the use of words in that context along partisan lines. There's a couple of good reasons the left want the voting age lowered, environmental issues are just the excuse.

There's a saying I've heard in certain circles, directed toward the left: "They use your lexicon, but not your dictionary".

Last edited:
If one perceives the socio-political situation in Australia and in the wider West as a disease, then language is certainly the carrier.
Appropriation, redefinition, and wotnot.

Comes down to esoteric and exoteric language, and the use of words in that context along partisan lines. There's a couple of good reasons the left want the voting age lowered, environmental issues are just the excuse.

There's a saying I've heard in certain circles, directed toward the left: "They use your lexicon, but not your dictionary".
The Marxist credo: control the language, change the language; control the thinking, change the thinking.

I know you will like this one poshman :)

1688433645675.png

Another example of the reason why independent journalism has grown so popular and is such a danger to those in real power.

I think the level of censorship on speech is just the tip of the iceberg as people like Glenn Greenwald expose more and more crime and corruption from those at the top.

Hope Assange survives this however I doubt he will.

Another example of the reason why independent journalism has grown so popular and is such a danger to those in real power.

I think the level of censorship on speech is just the tip of the iceberg as people like Glenn Greenwald expose more and more crime and corruption from those at the top.

Hope Assange survives this however I doubt he will.
Independent journalism is a danger to some of those in power on bf.

Greenwald slaps down the usual arguments put forward by those who want Assange locked up for life.

Any hope for this?

"Last month, parliamentarians across the aisle joined together to sign a letter to the US Attorney-General to call for the end of Mr Assange’s extradition."

Seeing a movie about sex trafficking attacked by left media as being right wing conspiracy is yet another level of insanity... I thought of all the issues this would be one there is 100% agreement on. Sex trafficking is a blight and must be stopped. But, apparently not. Madness.

Seeing a movie about sex trafficking attacked by left media as being right wing conspiracy is yet another level of insanity... I thought of all the issues this would be one there is 100% agreement on. Sex trafficking is a blight and must be stopped. But, apparently not. Madness.

At best you can think of it as broad hollywood not wanting a more independent film to succeed on such a small budget, believing they are the gate keepers of that industry.

At worst it puts something on the table for discussion that has been circulating around the circles powerful people in Hollywood frequent in rumour for a very long time.

What movie is that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back