Poll - Who would you rate as the weakest premiership side in the AFL era?

Which premiership team would you rate as the weakest of the AFL era?

• Collingwood 1990

Votes: 64 4.2%
  • Hawthorn 1991

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • West Coast 92-94

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Essendon 1993

Votes: 73 4.7%
  • Carlton 1995

Votes: 16 1.0%
  • North 96-99

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Adelaide 97-98

Votes: 126 8.2%
  • Essendon 2000

Votes: 34 2.2%
  • Brisbane 2001-2003

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Port 2004

Votes: 40 2.6%
  • Sydney 2005

Votes: 35 2.3%
  • West Coast 2006

Votes: 13 0.8%
  • Geelong 2007-2011

Votes: 14 0.9%
  • Hawthorn 2008

Votes: 28 1.8%
  • Collingwood 2010

Votes: 26 1.7%
  • Sydney 2012

Votes: 13 0.8%
  • Hawthorn 2013-2015

Votes: 25 1.6%
  • Bulldogs 2016

Votes: 494 32.1%
  • Richmond 2017

Votes: 509 33.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He knows how to maths.

He’s just explained why you are incorrect in your thinking and you go back to the well again.

Your thinking is simplistic and incorrect.
I’ll break it down for you. Don’t even need any fancy graphs

A team wins 100% at home and 0% away

Another team wins 100% at home and 0% away

The home team will win 100% of the time

If a game is gifted to one of the sides then a game you would win 100% of the time becomes a game you will lose 100% of the time

It’s gone from 100% for you to 100% for them and a 200% swing

I can read the graph and say Geelong win around 50% away games and Richmond win around 56% home games so Richmond would be slight favourites but I’m talking about what Richmond have been GIFTED which is a 30% less chance of Geelong winning and a 6% more chance of Richmond winning

If a game is gifted to one of the sides then a game you would win 100% of the time becomes a game you will lose 100% of the time

I can read the graph and say Geelong win around 50% away games and Richmond win around 56% home games so Richmond would be slight favourites but I’m talking about what Richmond have been GIFTED which is a 30% less chance of Geelong winning and a 6% more chance of Richmond winning

But Geelong were GIFTED easy points because they have their own ground. If only Richmond played at Punt Road then finally we wouldn’t be getting ripped off by all these teams that are GIFTED inflated ladder positions.

But Geelong were GIFTED easy points because they have their own ground. If only Richmond played at Punt Road then finally we wouldn’t be getting ripped off by all these teams that are GIFTED inflated ladder positions.
They play home games on other teams grounds while you play away games on yours against teams like Geelong, Essendon and Carlton with home finals thrown in. You’re one of the gifted few

The result of being gifted home games against Geelong is a 40% greater chance of winning for Richmond
Richmond got the same "gift" as anyone else who played Geelong during the finals in the past (except Freo). Were you as vocal about Geelong playing their home game at the MCG back then as you are now?

A 200% swing hey?
Well that says it all about your argument.

They play home games on other teams grounds while you play away games on yours against teams like Geelong, Essendon and Carlton with home finals thrown in. You’re one of the gifted few

Yea but when you are assured a real home ground advantage.. you get to build on that winning momentum. Teams that don’t get to play on their home ground such as Richmond ( Punt Rd) Essendon (Windy Hill) etc etc are always scrapping and fighting.. tough on young blokes... where’s our pocket ..it isn’t fair. Geelong has the biggest advantage of all but good luck to them.

So clearly the majority of Richmond fans in here do not think they are the weakest of the premiership sides (understandable). Who do you think was the weakest?

I doubt any supporter of a team that won the premiership is too concerned what BF posters deem the "weakest".
If they were the "weakest" it says less for the opposition. The "weakest" premiership team or the "strongest" failed finalist. I know which I'd prefer.

At any rate who actually cares and what is it worth. Absolutely zero.

A premiership is just that.
If any supporter thinks their team was stronger than the premiership team, give them a participation trophy as consolation. Unfortunately for them, they must have blown their opportunity. It happens.

Your example is incorrect. It’s been explained to you and you still don’t get it.
No. He is explaining how to interpret the graph which is fine, he’s correct but I’m explaining the effect of taking a home game away from Geelong and giving it to Richmond which is also correct but has obviously gone way over your head

I doubt any supporter of a team that won the premiership is too concerned what BF posters deem the "weakest".
If they were the "weakest" it says less for the opposition. The "weakest" premiership team or the "strongest" failed finalist. I know which I'd prefer.

At any rate who actually cares and what is it worth. Absolutely zero.

A premiership is just that.
If any supporter thinks their team was stronger than the premiership team, give them a participation trophy as consolation. Unfortunately for them, they must have blown their opportunity. It happens.
I mean sure... I agree as well but it is the entire point of the thread. What is the point of commenting in the thread in the first place?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. He is explaining how to interpret the graph which is fine, he’s correct but I’m explaining the effect of taking a home game away from Geelong and giving it to Richmond which is also correct but has obviously gone way over your head

So considering the result of the game and using the numbers and your ‘swing’ rationale, what exactly are you saying?
Geelong ‘would have’ won at Kardinia?

Please don’t tell me this is another one of your ‘would have, could have’ theories. Is there any more to your analysis that justifies this beyond your usual?

I mean sure... I agree as well but it is the entire point of the thread. What is the point of commenting in the thread in the first place?

Er, to make my point. Stating the obvious to the oblivious.
Just in case it wasn't obvious to those rushing in to vote.

So considering the result of the game and using the numbers and your ‘swing’ rationale, what exactly are you saying?
Geelong ‘would have’ won at Kardinia?

Please don’t tell me this is another one of your ‘would have, could have’ theories. Is there any more to your analysis that justifies this beyond your usual?
They beat you 2 weeks before the finals started

They beat you 2 weeks before the finals started
After all this discussion that is the crux of your analysis.

Glad you abandoned your ‘swing’ theory though. Couldn’t see you coming up with a number based on your rationale and the result from the final with Richmond dominating that game. No one with any grasp of maths would be able to use the numbers to justify a winning result for the Cats.

Best for you just to stick to one broad claim, rinse and repeat.

After all this discussion that is the crux of your analysis.

Glad you abandoned your ‘swing’ theory though. Couldn’t see you coming up with a number based on your rationale and the result from the final with Richmond dominating that game. No one with any grasp of maths would be able to use the numbers to justify a winning result for the Cats.

Best for you just to stick to one broad claim, rinse and repeat.
Geelong win 8/10 at home

Richmond win 5/10 away

What do you reckon?

What do you reckon?
I reckon your simplistic and close minded view make it impossible to have a rational debate with.

Rejecting Champion Data in favour of your basic analysis as well as your persistent repetition of the same point throughout this and other threads is perhaps a little concerning but also quite amusing.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and hope that you are just good naturedly trolling.

I reckon your simplistic and close minded view make it impossible to have a rational debate with.

Rejecting Champion Data in favour of your basic analysis as well as your persistent repetition of the same point throughout this and other threads is perhaps a little concerning but also quite amusing.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and hope that you are just good naturedly trolling.
If you browse his history, he hasn't talked about anything else since the grand final.

Back