Poll - Who would you rate as the weakest premiership side in the AFL era?

Which premiership team would you rate as the weakest of the AFL era?

• Collingwood 1990

Votes: 64 4.2%
  • Hawthorn 1991

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • West Coast 92-94

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Essendon 1993

Votes: 73 4.7%
  • Carlton 1995

Votes: 16 1.0%
  • North 96-99

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Adelaide 97-98

Votes: 126 8.2%
  • Essendon 2000

Votes: 34 2.2%
  • Brisbane 2001-2003

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Port 2004

Votes: 40 2.6%
  • Sydney 2005

Votes: 35 2.3%
  • West Coast 2006

Votes: 13 0.8%
  • Geelong 2007-2011

Votes: 14 0.9%
  • Hawthorn 2008

Votes: 28 1.8%
  • Collingwood 2010

Votes: 26 1.7%
  • Sydney 2012

Votes: 13 0.8%
  • Hawthorn 2013-2015

Votes: 25 1.6%
  • Bulldogs 2016

Votes: 494 32.1%
  • Richmond 2017

Votes: 509 33.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry but not having to play them on their home ground where you haven’t won in 16 years is a bit more than a slight advantage
Sorry misread, thought you were talking Geelong at the G.
Yes Geelong play well on their home deck. Mate we haven't beaten Geelong in 16 years because we have been crap, and they have been mighty. Plus some things are between the ears. But we played well at the end of the season down there, but for Taylor playing his best forward game of his life and a free kick count of 24 to 7 at 3/4 time, (home ground advantage), I think Richmond got a bit out of it and were ready come finals. 101pt defeat of Freo in Freo certainly ran us into form as well.

Sorry misread, thought you were talking Geelong at the G.
Yes Geelong play well on their home deck. Mate we haven't beaten Geelong in 16 years because we have been crap, and they have been mighty. Plus some things are between the ears. But we played well at the end of the season down there, but for Taylor playing his best forward game of his life and a free kick count of 24 to 7 at 3/4 time, (home ground advantage), I think Richmond got a bit out of it and were ready come finals. 101pt defeat of Freo in Freo certainly ran us into form as well.
So then you could assume that playing an away game on your home ground against them instead of at KP is a very large advantage for Richmond

So then you could assume that playing an away game on your home ground against them instead of at KP is a very large advantage for Richmond
Where in this whole debate have I said home ground in a very large advantage. I have said it is an advantage, but all sides get advantages at some stage, whether that be through the season or in the finals. It is not enough to make a 'very large' difference, but obviously it makes a difference.
In relation to Geelong, no it makes a very small difference, because they play at the G so often. Have done for years.

By your rationale ...... every team that wins more at home than away is a queen!! It’s just that the tigers were queens that turned into kings when it counted. That must make cats gws crows pawns and you a drama queen!!

“Queens” is way too high of a rank for West Coast. If Richmond are MCG queens West coast are Subiaco Corgies.

This thread is a lot more active than I thought it would be.
Same here.
The tears and meltdowns are becoming increasingly epic the further we get away from the Tigers utter domination of the 2017 finals, as they progressed to one of the most comprehensive premiership wins in VFL/AFL history :thumbsu:
I reckon it'll just get better and even more epic as we move through Summer through Autumn and into Winter :)

Same here.
The tears and meltdowns are becoming increasingly epic the further we get away from the Tigers utter domination of the 2017 finals, as they progressed to one of the most comprehensive premiership wins in VFL/AFL history :thumbsu:
I reckon it'll just get better and even more epic as we move through Summer through Autumn and into Winter :)
And then when you play a team away from the g and get pumped - you will be brought straight back to earth.

But you will make excuses - carry on

But then there will be another - and another

And we will be there

And then when you play a team away from the g and get pumped - you will be brought straight back to earth.

And we will be there

What is the matter? Did we make it look all too easy ? How could this happen? Doesn’t make sense ...How could passenger airliners flown by novice pilots bring down the Twin Towers ?..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many goal head start should the AFL give little WA, so that it can compete with an entire suburb of Melbourne?

Do all West Australians feel as inferior to Victorians as you?

Western Australian football died the day they all went to rehab. The reason they won those flags was because of the influence of meth (2000's) and speed etc in the 90's.
No drugs, no WCE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And we will be there

We were winning games interstate in 2017. You need some fruit or something in your diet. You're off the reservation bro.

Bottom 4 and port.

Grats dudes

And a brain fade cost us against GWS. But, what was your call which I responded to? You can't win this bro. I'm here to help you.

And we will be there

14 games at the MCG next year. 17 if you included finals.

Bottom 4 and port.

Grats dudes

I know you’re obsessed with struggles away from home. Being a West Coast fan you’d know all to well about flat track bullying. But Richmond have a very good away record under Dimma.

Won last 5/6 in Perth
Won last 5/6 in Queensland
Won last 5/8 in Sydney (against Syd and GWS)
Won last 7/12 in Adelaide

Keep calling us MCG queens because we went 0/3 against the top 4 away from home. It reminds me of the time that Richmond were called finals chokers because they went 0/3 in EF’s. How’s that working out?

Last edited:
Bottom 4 and port.

Grats dudes

(click me, I'm ****ing huge!)

lxsPYsQ.jpg

How many goal head start should the AFL give little WA, so that it can compete with an entire suburb of Melbourne?

Do all West Australians feel as inferior to Victorians as you?
Five would be nice;) Er :$ no:) ,

Last edited:

And we will be there

Im thinking a few club theme songs need changing and YOUR the one to lead the charge, Geelong - we play the game at home or far away, GWS - The other teams are quaking in their boots before the GIANTS and Adelaide - we give our best from coast to coast where the story will be told.

As a suggestion, including West Coast how about deleting any reference to away, coast to coast, big bird etc and replacing with something like sooks and cry babies. At least when we meet again at the home of football we can feel sorry for you before you arrive and after, of course!!

It must come from your inferiority complex born out of winning your only flags against an interstate and regional Victorian team. The problem is that when interstate teams arrive on the big stage in Melbourne against powerhouse clubs you and your teams are like rabbits in headlights, what a delight to see.

If you can arrange it, why not push for a 5 goal advantage to the away team.......your logic is reasonable. That means we still win the GF by 3 goals, however I still think you’ll find another flimsy reason to complain. Xmas is almost here and maybe you’ll unwrap something that pleases you but we had Xmas come early and your envy and salt only add to the joy!!

Last edited:
Back