Poor Crowds

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

lol, sorry about the RL post, I was just stirring :)

On the crowds, it is clear that the Greeks have different sporting interests than us, but given the home of the Olympics is Greece (save the fact PdeC was French) you'd think they'd stick some sports in which they might be semi-interested in there. Many Athenians are not taking to the Games too well it seems...

Hell, I went to the Italy v Russia volleyball in Sydney just so I could say I'd gone :)

I was hoping the Greece would really emphasize the origins of the games and show more nakedness

LOL

didnt realise the nakedness is actually in the stands with people not watching!!

:D

LebaneseForces said:
Last i saw this is a thread for the Olympics and there is a Rugby League board...
When someone disses Rugby league ill respond. Simple!

So is this:

When someone makes a light hearted comment concerning the NRL on an AFL message board, it is not up to you to retaliate.

******** off to any other NRL board, or contribute to the many AFL v NRL boards on the main site, but NO ONE is interested in your statistics or oppinions here.

Get a hobby and sence of humour.

As someone who lives in Europe I can tell you that the ticket prices are actually reasonable - about the same prices for sydney. Most people I know would have gone but the Accommodation is just so expensive and so far away. If I went for just 3 nights it would have cost me about £2,400! And that is just the accommodation.

NikkiNoo said:
As someone who lives in Europe I can tell you that the ticket prices are actually reasonable - about the same prices for sydney. Most people I know would have gone but the Accommodation is just so expensive and so far away. If I went for just 3 nights it would have cost me about £2,400! And that is just the accommodation.

Yeah I heard i was somethng like that. ALl the hotels got VERY greedy and jacked their prices up to an insane level, and now they have plumeted as they all compete for the few tourists that actually arrived.

I'm sure the price of accomodation is a big reason why so few people went. Future lesson in this.

Fire said:
Yeah I heard i was somethng like that. ALl the hotels got VERY greedy and jacked their prices up to an insane level, and now they have plumeted as they all compete for the few tourists that actually arrived.
Kind of reminiscent of the entertainment industry on New Years Eve 1999-2000.

Rob said:
And we're not the only ones to have noticed.

Empty stadiums set off alarm bells

20:24 | 15 Aug 2004

.................Four years ago in Sydney, free tickets were given away at the start of the Games after IOC complaints that there were not enough people in the stands..........................

What Free tickets????....What a load of crap...

Anyone with half a memory would know this didnt happen..Could you imagine the uproar if Millions of Australians paid huge $$$$ for their tickets and SOCOG ended up giving tickets away???...As I said...what crap journalism...

If I remember correctly,nearing the end of the Sydney Games,there were a few thousand tickets unsold for the closing ceremony.At $1500 a pop,SOCOG knew they werent going to sell..These tickets were then deservedly given away to the volunteers....They were these so called "free" tickets.

Apart from that,Sydney venues were pretty much packed out....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scrumhalf said:
Look out for the women's Australia v USA crowd right now in the soccer. SBS. Is there a crowd?
Simon Hill tried to say that most of the crowd was sitting in the stand closest to the camera and thus we couldn't see them.

In other words, the commentators have been told to give the illusion of people watching. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back