Poort Puffers. Why are they rated? Analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

TheRoo32

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bay I am concerned. For some reason the puffers are being rated as one of the best sides in the comp; however, on closer inspection, the actual results tell a different tale. In their last 21 matches the Puffers have only won 9 games (42%:$), and only one of those 9 wins against a top 4 side. Not great reading for a side that was supposedly world beaters over the preseason...:oops:

Now you may be asking well Roo 2014 was last year what about 2015? Good question bay, let's have a closer look at each of the Puffers first 6 games this year.

Round 1) Loss to Freo. Disposed of by a quality side. No shame here, Freo look quality atm and Perth is a tough trip.

Round 2) Flogged by Cola Swans. Being back in the 'Portress' (lol:oops:) you might assume they would bounce back being the fittest and best team of all time; alas, they were humiliated by a genuine quality side.

Round 3) Win again Norf. Norf, who had been destroyed by the crows and shown themselves as pretenders, as well as missing so many guns, Wells, Dal Santo, and losing their spiritual leader Zeebullll in the first couple of minutes, the full strength Puffers managed to limp past Norf in unconvincing fashion.

Round 4) Win against Hawthorn. Now on first glance this may appear a good win; however, come with me bay as we take a closer analysis. Puffers jumped out of the blocks against a depleted Hawf missing one KPD and losing another in Q1. Hawf dominated the majority of the match, leading inside 50s 79-43 (concerning) and scoring shots 26-21. Puffers very lucky Hawf were so wasteful and couldn't kick straight. unconvincing win.

Round 5) Win against Adelaide. Now again on first glance it may look like a solid win; however, on closer inspection I fear this may be another one in unconvincing. The depleted crows dominated the vast majority of the game, leading inside 50s 71-42 (concerning) and scoring shots 26-25. The puffers lucky the dominant crows were wasteful and couldn't kick straight. The arm chair ride they got from the umps was also of great benefit in this game. unconvincing win.

Round 6) Loss against West Coast (at home). Puffers backed heavily to win this game comfortably (maybe the bookies should've done a closer analysis of their form like I have) but they were completely and utterly beaten in all facets by the Eagles. If the eagles had kicked straight the margin could've been far greater then 10 points.

Edit in:
Round 7)
Loss against Brisbane (yes that's right lol) the practically full strength puffers were completely dismantled by the depleted Brions! Just let that sink in Puffers! :$:$:$

EDIT In:
Round 8)
Playing another bottom 10 side, at home, with the puffers being virtually full strength yet again, seeing off a retiring veteran and... They get flogged by 33 points. #lolport :$:$:$

tarps kochie.png

Above: Kochie melting down after the Brions flogging...

Now bay this doesn't look like the results of a side that is one of the best in comp does it? The length of their form line is long and concerning, and have been lucky in the few results that have gone their way this year. When will the Puffers results actually back up the baselessly arrogant, world-beating attitude of their supporter base?

Last edited:

Because the only way they win games is with this hack diving for free kicks and when the umpires actually clue up to it he doesn't kick a bag

your username.... so familiar... cs source....

FreeAgentField taught him well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, it's because you bottomed out and got some draft picks. One of those, pick 8, was of course wasted.

Pick 8 eh... Not really the pick of a bottom side eh Bloo?

And you're 5 point prelim loss to the Hawks was much more convincing than the Puffers 3 point prelim loss to the Hawks.

Gratuitous plugs on a couple a prelims there Lunch Lady.

Both of ya GAGF

Pick 8 eh... Not really the pick of a bottom side eh Bloo?

Gratuitous plugs on a couple a prelims there Lunch Lady.

Both of ya GAGF

You know what? .....It just felt good so I went for it and i didn't even plug the hawks 5 point prelim win over the cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back