Port Adelaide chairman David Koch has backed a ‘no jab, no entry’ stance to see the return of AFL crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

Port Adelaide chairman David Koch has backed a ‘no jab, no entry’ stance to see the return of AFL crowds.

The Age reported on Friday that the AFL has been looking overseas to the likes of USA, Europe and the United Kingdom at models where fans attending matches need to include proof of vaccinations or negative Covid tests.

Just 11.5 per cent of the Australian population is fully vaccinated amid a slow vaccine rollout by the federal government. It’s a figure dwarfed by 54.4 per cent of the UK population and 49.2 per cent of the US who are fully vaccinated.

Speaking to 3AW, Koch said that he believes vaccinations are the only pathway for the league’s return to normality.

How about when it's available to all and at least 3 months after that date when a significant portion of the community has had opportunity to make a booking to get vaccinated?

No surprise a man who grovels to China for cash wants to implement a Chinese style social credit system to attend a game of football.

I've got news for all you. All the lockdown, mask wearing, vaccine passports won't make anything go back to normal.

The vaccine doesn't stop you catching the virus or spreading it, so only allowing vaccinated people in isn't a health concern. It's to exclude people in the hope they'll get vaccinated, which we don't know will even be an issue. I have a problem with creating a two class system for vaccinated and un vaccinated people and having to flash about my health records to all and sundry. BTW I'm pro vaccine and have been jabbed.

Doing testing is also fraught as the time between testing and going to the footy could end up with infected people going to the footy. If you use PCR tests then they are a bit hit and miss and it would be a logistical nightmare trying to test 10s of thousands of people and have them mill about together while they wait for the all clear.

The vaccine doesn't stop you catching the virus or spreading it, so only allowing vaccinated people in isn't a health concern. It's to exclude people in the hope they'll get vaccinated, which we don't know will even be an issue. I have a problem with creating a two class system for vaccinated and un vaccinated people and having to flash about my health records to all and sundry. BTW I'm pro vaccine and have been jabbed.

Doing testing is also fraught as the time between testing and going to the footy could end up with infected people going to the footy. If you use PCR tests then they are a bit hit and miss and it would be a logistical nightmare trying to test 10s of thousands of people and have them mill about together while they wait for the all clear.

We've come a long way as a society coercing people to change their beliefs by making them social outcasts.

A healthy person not wanting to go on a medical treatment that is still in the phase 4 trial (after skipping steps in the phase 3 trials) for the rest of their life to treat a disease (with a 0.2% death rate including all the 90 year old with comorbidities and morbidly obese) hasn't even been around for two years seems very logical and rational to me.

We're not making people outcasts based on say criminality or hateful beliefs, but personal choice about what they inject into their body.

What's more, it's the unvaccinated person assuming almost all of the risk here. Vaccinated are still infectious, and because they are more likely to be asymptomatic they are more likely to be the ones out there spreading the virus. The unvaccinated is more likely to take basic precautions, more likely to show symptoms therefore more likely to stay home and isolated when infected.

If I was a 70 year with health problems that made me especially vulnerable I would voluntarily take it.

Port Adelaide chairman David Koch has backed a ‘no jab, no entry’ stance to see the return of AFL crowds.

The Age reported on Friday that the AFL has been looking overseas to the likes of USA, Europe and the United Kingdom at models where fans attending matches need to include proof of vaccinations or negative Covid tests.

Just 11.5 per cent of the Australian population is fully vaccinated amid a slow vaccine rollout by the federal government. It’s a figure dwarfed by 54.4 per cent of the UK population and 49.2 per cent of the US who are fully vaccinated.

Speaking to 3AW, Koch said that he believes vaccinations are the only pathway for the league’s return to normality.
I generally regard him as a bit of a goose, but on this one he's right

I doubt we have crowds at all anywhere this time next year the virus will be rampant here come winter. The UK experiment in the middle of summer is not working, it's going to be a disaster once the weather cools down.

Port deserve to go broke with no crowds next if this is Kochie's attitude to our Australian values. Frankly, the AFL deserves to be on its knees and it will be a year from now.

Kochie would sell his own mother for a 5 yuan.

I presume he is talking 2022 onwards. There will be hissy fits at first from the usual suspects but it will be forgotten quick.

No surprise a man who grovels to China for cash wants to implement a Chinese style social credit system to attend a game of football.

I've got news for all you. All the lockdown, mask wearing, vaccine passports won't make anything go back to normal.

Not sure I agree with the premise of your statement here.

- Not anyone can just go to the footy.
- If you don't pay money for the privilege, they don't let you in.
- If people pay more money than you, they get better seats.
- There are some parts of the ground that you are not allowed to enter.
- In some cases, you can't get in at all unless you've paid for a membership and ticked the box that says you agree for your personal data to be shared with 3rd parties.
- You have to adhere to behavioural standards whilst at the footy.
- You have dress codes in certain areas at certain grounds.

Only allowing vaccinated people in isn't really that much of a stretch on what's already in place.

Not sure I agree with the premise of your statement here.

- Not anyone can just go to the footy.
- If you don't pay money for the privilege, they don't let you in.
- If people pay more money than you, they get better seats.
- There are some parts of the ground that you are not allowed to enter.
- In some cases, you can't get in at all unless you've paid for a membership and ticked the box that says you agree for your personal data to be shared with 3rd parties.
- You have to adhere to behavioural standards whilst at the footy.
- You have dress codes in certain areas at certain grounds.

Only allowing vaccinated people in isn't really that much of a stretch on what's already in place.

Most of those rules are in place so 100k in close proximity are able to tolerate each other. Anyone can buy a ticket and attend as long as they abide by a few rules and customs that don't infringe on anyone's experience.

This would be like banning anyone HIV positive from attending, anyone that has had an abortion, anyone from a particular race. It's pure discrimination based on arbitrarily punishing people for their personal choices and medical history.

Vaccinated people are infectious. I don't need the AFL protecting me from vaccinated people who are asymptomatic and infectious.

Most of those rules are in place so 100k in close proximity are able to tolerate each other. Anyone can buy a ticket and attend as long as they abide by a few rules and customs that don't infringe on anyone's experience.

This would be like banning anyone HIV positive from attending, anyone that has had an abortion, anyone from a particular race. It's pure discrimination based on arbitrarily punishing people for their personal choices and medical history.

Vaccinated people are infectious. I don't need the AFL protecting me from vaccinated people who are asymptomatic and infectious.

It's all about risk management.

Vaccinated people have a lower chance of getting COVID, and if they do get it - they have a lower chance of transmitting it.

Put 10 Vaccinated people in a room, and the risk to them, their close contacts and the community is low. Really low.

But put 3 or 4 unvaccinated people in the same room, and the odds change.

Having said that, money will be the driver ultimately. At this stage, I'd guess that they believe it will give people confidence not go to the footy.
if for some reason it keeps people away, they'll change their minds pretty quickly.

Why am i not surprised? Until the Government can get everyone's vaccination dates downloaded on a phone or a certificate of proof issued to each and every one of us who have had two jabs, then Kochie is off his nut. It won't happen this year. More cases today in Melbourne and lockdown 6 not out of the question...?

Why am i not surprised? Until the Government can get everyone's vaccination dates downloaded on a phone or a certificate of proof issued to each and every one of us who have had two jabs, then Kochie is off his nut. It won't happen this year. More cases today in Melbourne and lockdown 6 not out of the question...?
They’ll be easy enough to fake. They aren’t checking 50k of them individually or just borrow someone’s login.

No one has ever pulled me up in not using a qr code.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all about risk management.

Vaccinated people have a lower chance of getting COVID, and if they do get it - they have a lower chance of transmitting it.

Put 10 Vaccinated people in a room, and the risk to them, their close contacts and the community is low. Really low.

But put 3 or 4 unvaccinated people in the same room, and the odds change.

Having said that, money will be the driver ultimately. At this stage, I'd guess that they believe it will give people confidence not go to the footy.
if for some reason it keeps people away, they'll change their minds pretty quickly.

It seems we’re just debating what is the optimal number of deaths. You feel justified in spreading the virus everywhere if you are vaccinated.

They’ll be easy enough to fake. They aren’t checking 50k of them individually or just borrow someone’s login.

No one has ever pulled me up in not using a qr code.
We are nowhere near ready for a vaccination passport, masks & QR codes are difficult enough to enforce as it is, what Kochie proposes is a long way off from ever happening and it certainly won't be this year!

Yes he does grovel to China for cash and has no morals with it despite what goes on in China, but on this he's right on this one.

Yes he does grovel to China for cash and has no morals with it despite what goes on in China, but on this he's right on this one.

Are they going to ban alcohol and all that rubbish fatty food at Adelaide Oval that causes heart disease, diabetes, cancer, strokes in numbers that far exceed COVID deaths ? Or is it just COVID they (and you) are worried about?

Kochie is some jowly boomer that looks like a bottle a night man. Doesn't look like a man that cares for his health so why should I? He should stay home if he's worried about COVID.

Are they going to ban alcohol and all that rubbish fatty food at Adelaide Oval that causes heart disease, diabetes, cancer, strokes in numbers that far exceed COVID deaths ? Or is it just COVID they (and you) are worried about?

Kochie is some jowly boomer that looks like a bottle a night man. Doesn't look like a man that cares for his health so why should I? He should stay home if he's worried about COVID.
Can you give someone else heart disease?

Can you sell me coronavirus?

You can take precautions to avoid the virus in terms of behaviour and diet. That's your choice. To think you can just go about life as you did pre-virus once you have your 'jab' is delusional.

You will have a lot of blood on your hands if you go to densely populated venues with other vaccinated people.

But we can save tens of thousands of lives every year by saving people from themselves. Certainly many more people than trying to save them from a seasonal virus that is a fact of life.

You can take precautions to avoid the virus in terms of behaviour and diet. That's your choice. To think you can just go about life as you did pre-virus once you have your 'jab' is delusional.

You will have a lot of blood on your hands if you go to densely populated venues with other vaccinated people.

But we can save tens of thousands of lives every year by saving people from themselves. Certainly many more people than trying to save them from a seasonal virus that is a fact of life.
The fact you can’t see the false equivalence tells me everything I need to know about you.

The fact you can’t see the false equivalence tells me everything I need to know about you.

Who is more moral the unvaccinated person who avoids pubs and restaurants or the vaccinated person that goes to pubs and restaurants spreading the virus to all and sundry?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back