Rumour Possible recruiting targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young is going to be a ripper of a player. He is the logical replacement for Cassisi when he retires, in our current best 22.
That's my line of thinking too, I know Dom is still doing his job for the team but I'm hoping that playing him a lot this year doesn't force a best 26 list player to another club for more opportunity when he's likely going to retire.

Young just needs to be assured that Dom & Kane won't be around forever & that he's next cab off the rank for the role they play.

Young is going to be a ripper of a player. He is the logical replacement for Cassisi when he retires, in our current best 22.

I would personally hate for Young to leave. He's only 21, I'd hate to see his body finally mature when he's around 23-25yo smashing the clearances for another team.

although young would have to be aware this is certainly cassisi's last year and cornes may or may not go around again but has one more year in him at most i reckon. young would currently be one of the first in line to take their spots and i think he would know that and coming into 23/24 years old playing in a finals side would be very attractive.
I thin Dom deserves another year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a flipside of recruiting targets but I'm concerned we could lose Aaron Young at the end of this season.
If we lose Young or Moore for unders while we have 32yo Cassisi and Cornes running around that would be a massive list management failure. They are already hurting us now with their lack of leg speed when the opposition have the ball.

We would have to be getting a very good player who fills a need i.e. a key forward who can play AFL.

If we lose Young or Moore for unders while we have 32yo Cassisi and Cornes running around that would be a massive list management failure. They are already hurting us now with their lack of leg speed when the opposition have the ball.

We would have to be getting a very good player who fills a need i.e. a key forward who can play AFL.

Agree with this. I know that Ken wants to keep Cassisi and Cornes in the side for experience, but I hope he doesn't keep them in the side when the side no longer needs that and there are better players who are younger available. It's not like either player was a superstar of the game in the mold of a Bartel, Chapman etc who have a skill set that none in the team possess.

We did look closely at Josh Simpson the year he was drafted I'm sure? Anyone know what his issues are? Work ethic? Outside influences, like family?

Agree with this. I know that Ken wants to keep Cassisi and Cornes in the side for experience, but I hope he doesn't keep them in the side when the side no longer needs that and there are better players who are younger available. It's not like either player was a superstar of the game in the mold of a Bartel, Chapman etc who have a skill set that none in the team possess.

Well Moore is not fit enough yet , and tell me who had Kane's skill set?

I think Dom has been great this year especially when the heat has been on in games.

It's a flipside of recruiting targets but I'm concerned we could lose Aaron Young at the end of this season. I'm a big fan of his, he has developed nicely over the past couple of years and was very good as a sub in the 2013 finals series. I rate him as best 22 quality but there's the rub at Port ... he plays the same sort of role as Robbie Gray, Chad Wingard and Angus Monfries, three of the best players in our squad. Even this weekend he was the sub while Sam Gray started. I rate Young ahead of Moore but as a top ten pick Moore will be given opportunities to prove himself.

Young is a tall wiry but strong half forward who can run on ball, he stands up in tackles and plays with tremendous energy. He would be a natural target for a Vic club to bring home, especially a struggler who could offer him consistent league footy.

So to bring this round to sort of on-topic, what would you expect for him if he did decide to leave for greener pastures? Because we're not the crows our fringe players don't get unparalleled media build up and without a lot of exposed form he could easily be knocked down in value.

Ok that's it, no trade for Young! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back