Post your ride

Remove this Banner Ad

This one is for all the motorbike enthusiasts. Sundays are for taking the Triumph Street Triple 765R out for a cruise. I rarely have a destination in mind when I take off.

original_8fc5e3f4-121c-4c0c-b037-efe25bc0b775_IMG_20200531_124357_MP_2.jpg

One of the prettiest (IMO) and best handling (fact) cars on the road B_W. Which engine?
The 1.5.
This is actually the wife’s car, which I’m allowed to drive.
We had an alarm fitted at our local Mazda dealer that was faulty. Took them 3 weeks to rectify. In that time they lent us a 2.0ltr RF (folding hardtop roof).
I actually didn’t like it as it’s not a real convertible, leaving parts of the roof behind the seats restricting view, and a bar across the top of your head.
Definitely more poke though, off the line, but with the extra weight? I dunno. The 2.0ltr is certainly the engine of choice, but we are happy with the 1.5. Just know the car was designed around it.

The 1.5.
This is actually the wife’s car, which I’m allowed to drive.
We had an alarm fitted at our local Mazda dealer that was faulty. Took them 3 weeks to rectify. In that time they lent us a 2.0ltr RF (folding hardtop roof).
I actually didn’t like it as it’s not a real convertible, leaving parts of the roof behind the seats restricting view, and a bar across the top of your head.
Definitely more poke though, off the line, but with the extra weight? I dunno. The 2.0ltr is certainly the engine of choice, but we are happy with the 1.5. Just know the car was designed around it.

Most reviews love the 1.5 because you can rev the hell out of it.

I've got a soft spot for Mazda, most of their cars can steer and the MX-5 is an icon.

Most reviews love the 1.5 because you can rev the hell out of it.

I've got a soft spot for Mazda, most of their cars can steer and the MX-5 is an icon.
The reviewers are right.
But the 2.0 sells. The 1.5 not so much.
I suppose it’s the bigger is better mantra that Australians have been bought up on.
Meanwhile, in America...

Ive bought stuff off Flying Miata, quality stuff. So I believe this project would be executed exceptionally well.

How the hell did they cram that much engine in there?

I'd be optioning that with the bigger brakes. Hopefully, they're MUCH bigger.

Mind = blown

The reviewers are right.
But the 2.0 sells. The 1.5 not so much.
I suppose it’s the bigger is better mantra that Australians have been bought up on.
Meanwhile, in America...

Ive bought stuff off Flying Miata, quality stuff. So I believe this project would be executed exceptionally well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is mine. A Honda 2003 VTR1000F Firestorm. Twin Carburettors. No ABS. No super dupe muflers, just factory ones with 8 strategically drilled holes. I just remembered.. I put my first modification on last month, a couple of hunks of overpriced aluminium that lifted the handlebars about 10 mm to give my back a birthday present. I'm gutless so it's been to 160km but only for a few seconds. I dont think it's been in top gear for the last decade. Hasn't been tuned for over 10 years and starts, idles and runs like when i first bought it. Why pay $20K when you can kill yourself for a fraction of that price?

Attachments

• IMG_0336.JPG
    IMG_0336.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 119
This is mine. A Honda 2003 VTR1000F Firestorm. Twin Carburettors. No ABS. No super dupe muflers, just factory ones with 8 strategically drilled holes. I just remembered.. I put my first modification on last month, a couple of hunks of overpriced aluminium that lifted the handlebars about 10 mm to give my back a birthday present. I'm gutless so it's been to 160km but only for a few seconds. I dont think it's been in top gear for the last decade. Hasn't been tuned for over 10 years and starts, idles and runs like when i first bought it. Why pay $20K when you can kill yourself for a fraction of that price?

What a way to go that would be!

Beautiful Mark, I love it.

What a way to go that would be!

Beautiful Mark, I love it.

Actually you reminded me of something that I have been meaning to do for a while. I took the firestorm out last year and took a series of pics and this was one of them, but I havent done anything for the other 3 bikes...i might work a photoshoot around my chiropractic appointment this week.

My favourite ride out of 40 years on the road is now in my son's stable.
1972 Kawasaki tri star 750 triple.
A no compromise balls out superbike of it's day.
Under 12 sec standing quarter and a genuine top speed of 130 mph off the showroom floor was stunning at the time.
Was my third bike and I bought one of the first shipment to hit the shores.

There was a slight flaw to it though - factory stock tree angle and rear axle bushes made it a horror on the twisty stuff.

I spent a couple of grand on new Italian forks, a revised tree, proper scintered bushes, a set of Koni's and a matching set of Dunlop Avons.

Once sorted with the above improvements it was a holy terror.

Well this thread failed to deliver on what I was thinking upon reading the title.

Haven't felt this ripped off since I watched that show called Wife Swap!

My first properly fast bike was a ZX-6R. The soft spot for Kwakas remains to this day.

The fact that you were willing to ride a 750cc 2 stroke missile tells me all I need to know about your survival instinct! On a serious note many enthusiasts are restoring Triples these days; there are some beautiful examples out there.

My favourite ride out of 40 years on the road is now in my son's stable.
1972 Kawasaki tri star 750 triple.
A no compromise balls out superbike of it's day.
Under 12 sec standing quarter and a genuine top speed of 130 mph off the showroom floor was stunning at the time.
Was my third bike and I bought one of the first shipment to hit the shores.

There was a slight flaw to it though - factory stock tree angle and rear axle bushes made it a horror on the twisty stuff.

I spent a couple of grand on new Italian forks, a revised tree, proper scintered bushes, a set of Koni's and a matching set of Dunlop Avons.

Once sorted with the above improvements it was a holy terror.

My first properly fast bike was a ZX-6R. The soft spot for Kwakas remains to this day.

The fact that you were willing to ride a 750cc 2 stroke missile tells me all I need to know about your survival instinct! On a serious note many enthusiasts are restoring Triples these days; there are some beautiful examples out there.
That's me all over jathanas, I was a real trial for my family once I got out of school. Never home and always out on the street looking for challenges. Never expected to live this long lol.
The mach IV was just a raw instrument of destruction. Before I got it I learned my stuff on a '71 Duke Desmo 250 single - a true beast in it's own right for it's size - especially on the twisty bits . . but don't take it out in the rain!!! . . Typical crappy Italian electrics at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back