Postcards (Hong Kong, Rio, Torino, Melbourne, Hyderabad and many others ... Add your location)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is my type of holiday.......looks amazing.

Can’t describe how amazing and stupendous India was - and still can’t quite believe I was at the Taj Mahal.
My other main highlight was the annual camel fair in Pushkar - absolutely incredible

Delayed [had an accident] but now about to take a Finnish freighter MS Hjordis from Terneuzen Netherlands to top of Baltic Sea/Bothnia Gulf to Tornio, Finland, return. 14 days, ice permitting. Currently -20C there so need a coat. And a cap. And some schnapps, ja.

Snap of Hjordis in ice. 173645.jpg

See also You Tube similar trip - Hjordis appears around 19.00.

Will be off-line but will upload snaps in port plus ship tracker.

Then on return to Terneuzen taking a cargo ship Liverpool - Philadelphia, then road trip back home. Postcards later.

Ricked my back in a Force 9 gale on "Hjordis" in the North Sea - 8 feet of water on main deck, rolling thru 45' each way - so had to nix my next ship back to US and fly back instead.

Hard to snap stormy seas, but attached is an attempt.

Lady Finnish skipper.

P1050253.JPG P1050253.JPG

Attachments

• 1494878.jpg
    1494878.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 122
Ricked my back in a Force 9 gale on "Hjordis" in the North Sea - 8 feet of water on main deck, rolling thru 45' each way - so had to nix my next ship back to US and fly back instead.

Hard to snap stormy seas, but attached is an attempt.

Lady Finnish skipper.

View attachment 657539View attachment 657539
That ship is really low in the watero_O
Hope you’re ok

Another freighter trip postcard(s) - this time on the smallest commercial cargo ship I've been on: Egon W - shown here in the lovely Lake Saimaa area of Russia/Finland, where we'll be going. She's a tramp ship so no fixed ports or schedules. I have no idea where I'll disembark, but as long as the beer is cold...

Boarding in Kiel tonight, after a meal of beer and pickled herrings today in the downtown Kiel waterfront. Lovely area if you like ships and yachts.

If I'm in internet range will post some more snapz in real time.

PS ship tracker. https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/EGON-W-IMO-9279018-MMSI-304520000

If nec, just type in Egon W on search bar.

EGON_W.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve been meandering through the Greek Islands for the last few weeks. I’m currently on Santorini, which would have to be one of the most beautiful places I’ve been. The weather is warm, the sky is blue and I’m loving every minute of it. Yesterday I walked from Thira to Imerovigli and climbed Skaros Rock before walking way down to the inevitable little church at the bottom
Today I’ve swum in the hot springs and climbed to the top of the volcano and taken a donkey ride back up to Thira.
I’m feeling a little exhausted and am ready for a wine or two 😁
Lucky me
CFC2010

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lake Saimaa region in Finland has some gorgeous scenery, but was getting chilly this time of year with zero temps and snowfalls.

Now back on-line in a little port in the Netherlands [Delfzijl] where the ship has entered drydock and I am about to head back Stateside asap due to the fires in the Santa Rosa/Napa Valley area.

Attachments

• P1050661.JPG
    P1050661.JPG
    319.9 KB · Views: 121
Lake Saimaa region in Finland has some gorgeous scenery, but was getting chilly this time of year with zero temps and snowfalls.

Now back on-line in a little port in the Netherlands [Delfzijl] where the ship has entered drydock and I am about to head back Stateside asap due to the fires in the Santa Rosa/Napa Valley area.
Hope everything is alright at home

More postcards from Lake Saimaa area Finland, Russia. Snowing as we left.
We got searched by 12 Finnish customs folk at the Finnish/Russian border. The snap of them all on the ship's bridge was too big for this upload, so here is the drug dog disembarking.

It was a disappointingly small creature so I , uh, enhanced it for the purposes of adventure...

Attachments

• P1050610.JPG
    P1050610.JPG
    345.9 KB · Views: 123
  • P1050580.JPG
    P1050580.JPG
    295.4 KB · Views: 131
  • P1050594.JPG
    P1050594.JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 119

Remove this Banner Ad

Back