News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Last night i watched Sicario .....didn't think i'd enjoy as the subject matter doesn't enthrall me, but it's actually an excellent movie

Hilarious, I saw it for the first time Monday night too, thought it was fantastic too

Not a big Star Wars fan, but really enjoyed Rogue One. The characters were all interesting and likeable - much more than the force awakens.

They all die though
Just saw Rouge One on your recommendation.
Really liked it. yes better than the force awakens.
K9 my new favourite droid.

Quite a range there Geoff ......i get the trend for Gore and blood, except Star Wars :p

You should watch these then, but only the originals, not Hollywood remakes

View attachment 318397 View attachment 318398 View attachment 318399 View attachment 318400

View attachment 318401 View attachment 318402
Old boy is fantastic. Fascinated if they did a Hollywood remake..

What i find fascinating at times are bollywood remakes of hollywood.

Don't suppose you've seen memento and then gajini?

Remind me never to come and watch movies with you ;) .....:p

Normally watch at least one movie per night .....i don't watch commercial TV at all

Last night i watched Sicario .....didn't think i'd enjoy as the subject matter doesn't enthrall me, but it's actually an excellent movie

The other movie i watched last night was .....the Priests, a 2015 South Korean exorcist style movie ......excellent movies made by the South Koreans
I really enjoyed Sicario. I've made that border crossing. Watching that scene at the border gave me chills as it went down.
Josh brolins best work since goonies.

Tae-guk-ki.

South korean attempt at saving private ryan. But for the korean war. Great film.

I also really enjoy blavk hawk down. A film i can watch many times and not get bored of.

Seven Samurai. Magnificent. Pun intended.

Hero is one of my favorites just for its visuals alone.

Old boy is fantastic. Fascinated if they did a Hollywood remake..

What i find fascinating at times are bollywood remakes of hollywood.

Don't suppose you've seen memento and then gajini?
Seen Memento, not Gajini ........where it's at currently is China ! .......their movies in the last 10 years are so good, with great color, cinematography ...and with an obvious Hollywood influence in music

China still gets most of its film revenue from ticket sales ......cinemas are now giving advanced funding on estimated ticket sales, to contribute to the films production cost ...interesting?

Tae-guk-ki.

South korean attempt at saving private ryan. But for the korean war. Great film.

I also really enjoy blavk hawk down. A film i can watch many times and not get bored of.

Seven Samurai. Magnificent. Pun intended.

Hero is one of my favorites just for its visuals alone.
:thumbsu:

wolf of wall street, the departed, he has an impressive list of movies.

On Xmas day there was a seperate bowl of seasoning that was very fine and looked like couscous, so I avoided it at first. There were 2 salads, one had fruit and the other roast vegetables, so it was easy to get confused with WTF was happening. Sidebar, I cannot stand fruit in food, except tomato and avocado. Anyhoo, I mentioned that the seasoning looked like couscous, pronouncing it with oo's, which was a reference to a part of a movie that I liked . My older sister then corrects my pronunciation and for the life of me I couldn't remember which movie it was in so I couldn't shove it back in her face. So it ended up with, "sure Matt, whatever you reckon". Then bang, woke up in the middle of last night, it was Russell Crowe speaking to Leo in Body of Lies. What a great movie, pity it took so long to remember that scene though, I think I'd be going backwards if I brought it up again. I'll just have to wait until I see her next and there's something resembling cooscoos in the vicinity.

On Xmas day there was a seperate bowl of seasoning that was very fine and looked like couscous, so I avoided it at first. There were 2 salads, one had fruit and the other roast vegetables, so it was easy to get confused with WTF was happening. Sidebar, I cannot stand fruit in food, except tomato and avocado. Anyhoo, I mentioned that the seasoning looked like couscous, pronouncing it with oo's, which was a reference to a part of a movie that I liked . My older sister then corrects my pronunciation and for the life of me I couldn't remember which movie it was in so I couldn't shove it back in her face. So it ended up with, "sure Matt, whatever you reckon". Then bang, woke up in the middle of last night, it was Russell Crowe speaking to Leo in Body of Lies. What a great movie, pity it took so long to remember that scene though, I think I'd be going backwards if I brought it up again. I'll just have to wait until I see her next and there's something resembling cooscoos in the vicinity.
No idea what I just read?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea what I just read?

Took the opportunity to reference a great Leo movie with a recent Xmas story. Russell has a go at Leo at some point in the film for considering leaving the agency and hanging out in the Middle East eating mis-pronounced cooscoos. I pronounced it as Russell did at Xmas day, but couldn't remember which movie I'd taken it from. The older sister cashed in, the pretentious turd.

All clear now :D

New Television coming .....hopefully by the footy season, but certainly by end of the Financial Year .......i don't compromise, could by the LG Oled 4K HDR now 55" ......but greedy me wants the 65" and i'll wait for it to come down to my price
hqdefault.jpg

New Television coming .....hopefully by the footy season, but certainly by end of the Financial Year .......i don't compromise, could by the LG Oled 4K HDR now 55" ......but greedy me wants the 65" and i'll wait for it to come down to my price

What's an OLED do that most other TV's don't? Is it one of those wrap around screens?

I really enjoyed Sicario. I've made that border crossing. Watching that scene at the border gave me chills as it went down.
Josh brolins best work since goonies.
I'm sure you're taking the piss with that comment, but you're clearly forgetting No Country For Old Men!!

Bird man was on last night. That's a good one.

Much like Black Swan which is one of my faves. Aranofsky is one of the better directors going round.

There's a handful who I try not to miss when their movies come out:

Aranofsky
Fincher
PT Anderson
And of course, Scorsese

Nolan used to be on there, but from Inception on he's been stuck up his own arse.

Tarantino I will always give a go, but the Hateful 8 was probably the most disappointed I've been in a movie. Good have been an all time classic, until it turned into, well ... a Tarantino movie.

As long as you had fun. :rolleyes:

What's an OLED do that most other TV's don't? Is it one of those wrap around screens?

HDR, or high dynamic range, is poised to be the next big thing in TVs.

HDR expands the range of both contrast and color significantly. Bright parts of the image can get much brighter, so the image seems to have more "depth." Colors get expanded to show more bright blues, greens, reds and everything in between.

In fact, more than any other "feature" like 4K resolution, HDR, Smart TV or a fancy remote, stepping up in TV screen size is the best use of your money. One of the most common post-TV-purchase complaints I've heard is from people who didn't go big enough.

TVs with 4K resolution, also known as UHD (Ultra High Definition) TVs, have four times as many pixels as standard 1080p resolution TVs.

Bird man was on last night. That's a good one.

Much like Black Swan which is one of my faves. Aranofsky is one of the better directors going round.

There's a handful who I try not to miss when their movies come out:

Aranofsky
Fincher
PT Anderson
And of course, Scorsese

Nolan used to be on there, but from Inception on he's been stuck up his own arse.

Tarantino I will always give a go, but the Hateful 8 was probably the most disappointed I've been in a movie. Good have been an all time classic, until it turned into, well ... a Tarantino movie.
Hadn't heard of Aranofsky till recently .......watched "the Fountain" ...did you understand it?

Hadn't heard of Aranofsky till recently .......watched "the Fountain" ...did you understand it?
I haven't seen that one admittedly. Requiem for a Dream is where I started. Then Black Swan. Then The Wrestler.

Haven't seen Noah either. Happy to be convinced otherwise, but doesn't strike me as being in the same vein as those other 3 mentioned.

HDR, or high dynamic range, is poised to be the next big thing in TVs.

HDR expands the range of both contrast and color significantly. Bright parts of the image can get much brighter, so the image seems to have more "depth." Colors get expanded to show more bright blues, greens, reds and everything in between.

In fact, more than any other "feature" like 4K resolution, HDR, Smart TV or a fancy remote, stepping up in TV screen size is the best use of your money. One of the most common post-TV-purchase complaints I've heard is from people who didn't go big enough.

TVs with 4K resolution, also known as UHD (Ultra High Definition) TVs, have four times as many pixels as standard 1080p resolution TVs.

I think my 70" Sony is 4K. Got it 2 years ago. Here's a photo of Betty with TV in the background. Agree that big is better.

image.jpeg

I haven't seen that one admittedly. Requiem for a Dream is where I started. Then Black Swan. Then The Wrestler.

Haven't seen Noah either. Happy to be convinced otherwise, but doesn't strike me as being in the same vein as those other 3 mentioned.
Couldn't get into Noah ....very slow moving

I think my 70" Sony is 4K. Got it 2 years ago. Here's a photo of Betty with TV in the background. Agree that big is better.

View attachment 323433
The OLED technology is new and as i understand (stand to be corrected) is only available by LG

this is the difference :
By now you've probably heard about OLED, or organic light-emitting diodes. LG and Samsung both revealed potential models at this year's CES, with the LG winning CNET's Best of CES Award.

Make no mistake, this is the most important advancement in TV technology in more than a decade, and a vast improvement over both LCD and plasma.

Here's why.

The what
You only need red, green, and blue light to create a TV image. OLEDs work by putting electricity through certain materials that glow these specific colors. No other TV technology creates light directly like this. LCDs use color filters and light-blocking liquid crystals above a light-creating backlight. Plasmas use UV light created by igniting pockets of gas to excite red, green, and blue phosphors.

The why
What does this mean? Well, OLED TVs will be thinner, lighter, more efficient, and better-performing than any current television technology. Each pixel can be shut off, for an absolute black (no other tech can do this, save CRT), meaning an actual infinite contrast ratio, not just marketing hype.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back