Preference - GWS OR BRIS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lions definitely have more passengers

Christensen alone avoids more contests than 6 passengers in any other side.

The Lions are great to watch though and Hipwood is an amazing talent.

Its the finals. Only four teams left. Of course anybody can go the whole way.

We got pumped by GWS last start, so they will be confident

That said we had Quaynor Sier Crocker and Appleby in that 22 (along with Varcoe Aish and Cox who are also out of our current 22) so probably our weakest 22 we have put on the park all year.

Yes - their draw. Richmond exposed them, although the Lions were competitive in general play in the first half.

Both of them move the ball quickly enough to give us fits if we try to pull any slow play conservative crap out on the ground in a couple of weeks time.

They'll both fold like a cheap suitcase if we can apply early scoreboard pressure in the first half, build a lead and then maintain the buffer from there (by still scoring at a regular clip, as opposed to going 100% conservative / defensive for the last quarter).
Hopefully that was because of being knackered in the last 10 minutes due to only 2 on the bench, and we will be a lot fresher this game and also hopefully not down 2 players on the bench again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That said we had Quaynor Sier Crocker and Appleby in that 22 (along with Varcoe Aish and Cox who are also out of our current 22) so probably our weakest 22 we have put on the park all year.
And did'nt have the willserbeast who I think gican'ts will heavily target, good luck with that!

GWS look good atm I could honestly see them going the whole way.
GWS were given a 4 goal lead and dominated in virtually every stat tonight and can thank Brisbane’s poor goal kicking (again) and a lack of composure for their 3 pt win. I think GWS is the team we should want to play at the MCG.

That and we were ambushed beautifully in Q1.

🤔 really, have I missed something? Has the Match Review Officer or the AFL tribunal handed out a suspension for an in game incident since last Saturday’s games? No? Didn’t think so ...

Can’t conflate an anti-doping suspension with on-field, game day incidents that are 100% within the AFL’s discretion.
images.jpeg-5.jpg

Brisbane might have been the team a lot of us would have preferred to face but oh well we'll just have to settle taking on a side who won a match against them by under a goal.

Greene will be looked at closely again assuming he hasn't gouged out the eyes of Christian.

Last edited:
Both teams smashed each other last night. There will be some sore boys from that game and would've preferred playing Brisbane being the younger more inexperienced team and also playing in front of what will be 90k at the G' would have been ideal for us. But GWS at the G', bring some pressure and someone stick to Jeremy Cameron's shoulder all game and we should be right in this

Maybe you're subconsciously clairvoyant or something...
Nothing subconscious. I knew from a young age that I would be right most of the time in later life, with the odd exception. After a few humbling experiences, I have decided to err on the side of caution.

Both teams smashed each other last night. There will be some sore boys from that game and would've preferred playing Brisbane being the younger more inexperienced team and also playing in front of what will be 90k at the G' would have been ideal for us. But GWS at the G', bring some pressure and someone stick to Jeremy Cameron's shoulder all game and we should be right in this
thing with GWS also is that they are a Preliminary Final veteran, this is there fourth in 5 years I think.... they will likely not panic or be overcome... hence I wanted Lions to win as Pies would have been no doubt favorites by a long shot, but GWS are very talented and veterans of finals condition... its going to be a tough game for Pies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back