Pro Evolution soccer 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

has been delayed now until 8th of November. It was due on the 2nd of November. Lucky sods in England get it this friday.

Firstly.. its ProEvo2008
PES6 was a hacked together rushed job which doesnt hold a candle to PES4 or PES5 -any real fan of pes would know that - but you probably picked it up in the basement bin for 40 bucks so you need to convince yourself itsbrilliant - it wasnt
FIFA2007 was gold(on xbox not 360)
FIFA2008 on XBOX360 is shit
PES2008 on XBOX360 is magic
Couldn't agree more ProEvo4 was the best soccer game I have ever played from a gameplay point of view. Although it has been surpassed graphics wise I have never become so engrossed in a game before. I hope 2008 offers all the great gameplay with even better graphics.

Just reading on Gamefaqs that this game is having alot of lag/crash problems (reading about the PC versoin) and online play once again sucks major ass.

Also some gameplay problems with the Goalies.

No patch has come out as of yet.

hmm ill wait an extra week to see what people think in Oz.

I've had it for over a week as I was in the UK. It's slightly better than PES7, not a huge improvement though.

However, I did play the demo on PS3 in London and almost wet myself it was that good. It's almost convinced me to buy a PS3.

One of the great new additions is the "World Tour" option, where you have 100 different scenarios against various teams. Some of them are bloody hard, for example score in extra time, but it has to be a goal after dribbling more than 30 yards. Or beat Argentina by scoring at least twice from crosses.

Currently up to #14, where you have to come back from a goal down at half time to beat Brazil.

Looking forward to hearing people's thoughts on the PS3 version, it really did look special.

Tristagi - it has the English, French, Spanish and Italian leagues, along with about 30 other club teams. You can play a World Cup, only about 50 national teams to choose from though (although you can seem to play other National teams in the World Tour option).

No real manager type mode, although the Master League involved buying and selling players and getting your team up from Division 2 to Division 1 and then the European Cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hi guys,

I've had PES 2008 for a couple of days, for PS2. Can someone tell me about the 'max drive'? is this simply a flash drive or does it use proprietary software or something? would really like to use the patches.

I don't get all the hype about the PES games.

I'm not here as a FIFA fanboy saying PES sucks just to get under your skin but i really can't see (from the demo on PS3) why anyone would say it is better than FIFA08.

To me it just looks like a PS One game obviously with improved graphics.

Can somebody please tell me what you believe in the game is so much better than FIFA??

Yeah, the PS3 version seems to be having lots of problems with frame rate issues, which is very poor considering the power of the machine, and my PS2 version has no such worries.

I played it on a HDTV which apparently doesn't have such problems, but that's stupid. Hopefully they will bring out a patch soon.

PES just feels like real soccer, where as I've never felt that way playing FIFA. You can play Pro Evo for hundreds of hours and still each goal will be slightly different.

You can't run around people as easily this year which is a good thing IMO. Player ratings are a bit out of wack with Riise being ridiculously good for Liverpool and Babel being crap. I took 80 off Riise and put them on Babel in edit mode. This year has bigger squads for teams as well win players like El Zhar and Hobbs for Liverpool. The graphics are slightly better and the gameplay is slightly better as well but I was hoping for a bigger improvement on last year

PS2 version by the way.

I don't get all the hype about the PES games.

I'm not here as a FIFA fanboy saying PES sucks just to get under your skin but i really can't see (from the demo on PS3) why anyone would say it is better than FIFA08.

To me it just looks like a PS One game obviously with improved graphics.

Can somebody please tell me what you believe in the game is so much better than FIFA??

Cant speak for 08, i havent picked up a copy yet, but the differences between the 2 games was that the gameplay, setting up gameplans, player and team editing, being able to make your own badges and logos, etc etc were all superior in EVO then in FIFA. But FIFA is slowly catching up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back