Protecting George Pell

Remove this Banner Ad

This alternate dual universe where everyone knew it was going on and did nothing about it that is somehow co-located in the same universe as pell knowing nothing about it.

when priests are being shuffled around, people know something is going on with them

just because you are not witnessing the event doesnt mean you dont have enough suspicion to raise questions with the appropriate people (and god forbid maybe the police)

when priests are being shuffled around, people know something is going on with them

just because you are not witnessing the event doesnt mean you dont have enough suspicion to raise questions with the appropriate people (and god forbid maybe the police)
No no no

you cant raise anything with the police unless pope ratzinger gives you a gold leaf plated authorisation saying you can.

whatever happened to old ratzy anyway?

disappeared one day didnt he - one minute pope for life - nek minut hes png and gone.

almost like theres some kind of common thread here isnt it.

He was tried for molesting a couple of boys who clearly accused him and him alone. He was found guilty of that offence, the sentence was upheld on appeal and released (correctly) on further appeal.

i dont think i have a take.

They are just the facts

Not disputing those facts, but I am suggesting Pell was targeted (was it 20+ failed attempts to nail him) & as a strategy it failed. A strategy to take down the highest ranking Australian Catholic.

I know what I believe - and sadly - unlike you - I have experience to back it up rather than a conspiracy theory. You think George Pell is a scapegoat. You are deluded.

I am not questioning your experience or your belief. That is a little different to the Court process that has not found guilty.

I dont think Pell is a scapegoat, but I do believe those seeking to find him guilty saw him as such. It clouded their judgement.

Not disputing those facts, but I am suggesting Pell was targeted (was it 20+ failed attempts to nail him) & as a strategy it failed. A strategy to take down the highest ranking Australian Catholic.
Orrrrr

A strategy to take down a bloke who knew about and was involved in molesting little boys.

Quite a few boys have accused him havnt they.

and of course the royal commission determined that he knew and did nothing from 1976

Given your burden of "did he know" is "did he see penetration", no sh*t he knew nothing in your book

I pray to all God's that you are never looking after anyone's kids

The cops knew.

The cops knew.

So in one day you've gone from he didn't have the seniority to report, to there was nothing to report, to the cops knew anyway so no need to report

Your defence of Rockspiders Incorporated is sickening

Orrrrr

A strategy to take down a bloke who knew about and was involved in molesting little boys.

Quite a few boys have accused him havent they.

and of course the royal commission determined that he knew and did nothing from 1976

A failed strategy is how I describe it.
Clearly many people were aware of what was going on & it was allowed to continue, not just Pell.
The legal process remains innocent until proven guilty & we know Pells status today.

I am not questioning your experience or your belief. That is a little different to the Court process that has not found guilty.

I dont think Pell is a scapegoat, but I do believe those seeking to find him guilty saw him as such. It clouded their judgement.
The reason Pell was charged was because of multiple complaints by persons that he had abused them. His behaviour in other areas combined him to be despised by the masses. He was no target of the left - he is a child abuser a hypocrite amongst other things.

The cops knew.
Yes - a sick cult of Catholics corrupted any investigation into the Church - this is not new information and in time they will be held accountable - in fact the wheels are already in motion that will see a former Chief Commissioner stripped posthumously of his titles

You really have NFI - it was no “strategy” do you have any ******* idea what it is like to make a decision to give a statement about your abuse? Do you?? To have sit down with the Cops for hours and relive every minute ******* detail? To be re read it over and over?

I’m betting NO!

This isn’t a mock test case / it’s real life / where the odds are stacked against you.

FFS wake up to yourself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason Pell was charged was because of multiple complaints by persons that he had abused them. His behaviour in other areas combined him to be despised by the masses. He was no target of the left - he is a child abuser a hypocrite amongst other things.

I hear what you say, Pell has had his day in court & I accept that decision.
That does mean there are no guilty people walking the street.

Not sure that political ideology has anything to do with here.

You really have NFI - it was no “strategy” do you have any ******* idea what it is like to make a decision to give a statement about your abuse? Do you?? To have sit down with the Cops for hours and relive every minute ******* detail? To be re read it over and over?

I’m betting NO!

This isn’t a mock test case / it’s real life / where the odds are stacked against you.

FFS wake up to yourself
I think if you’ve been offended against, the process must be an absolute nightmare.

But there are many many cases of false claims of sexual abuse. With many motivations.

I think if you’ve been offended against, the process must be an absolute nightmare.

But there are many many cases of false claims of sexual abuse. With many motivations.
You can dispute the Cathedral Case - I’ve no knowledge of it - but I think you put up the false claims argument far too often. A lot of stuff never gets bear court let alone charging a perpetrator. It’s not fun

I hear what you say, Pell has had his day in court & I accept that decision.
That does mean there are no guilty people walking the street.

Not sure that political ideology has anything to do with here.

Old mate Brucethepedodefender has spent months lecturing us that that this is a leftist crusade.

The reality is that decent people across the entire political spectrum are disgusted by paedophilia and whilst Pell’s conviction on specific charges may have been overturned it is no way absolves him from a human responsibility to protect children he knew were being molested (and he has admitted to knowing).

I think most decent people just want grubs like Pell off the streets and away from our children.

Last edited:
Old mate Brucethepedodefender has spent months lecturing us that that this is a leftist crusade.

The reality is that decent people across the entire political spectrum are disgusted by paedophilia and whilst Pell’s conviction on specific charges may have been overturned it is no way absolves him from a human responsibility to protect children he knew were being molested (and he has admitted to knowing).

I think most decent people just want grubs like Pell off the streets and away from our children.

& it is not on Pell alone .... the Royal Commission examined the history of abuse in educational institutions, religious groups, sporting organisations, state institutions and youth organisations & it was everywhere.

I must admit my interest in Pell came after he was initially found guilty, so I'm not aware of 'a leftist crusade', more like a pile on.

& it is not on Pell alone .... the Royal Commission examined the history of abuse in educational institutions, religious groups, sporting organisations, state institutions and youth organisations & it was everywhere.

I must admit my interest in Pell came after he was initially found guilty, so I'm not aware of 'a leftist crusade', more like a pile on.

No, it’s not on Pell alone.

But he is/was the 3rd highest ranking Catholic in their entire cult and this thread is about him.

Yeah I don’t think so chum. Get me on the evidence, rather than the conclusions of some lightweight academic with an axe to grind.
lightweight academic? read his quals and record of achievement you pumped-up suburban lawyer

the evidence was clear chum. it's that you see everything through your pell love-fog. there's so much trump about your opinion of yourself. suburban lawyer who adores a pedo protector and whose life is so meaningless you spend your waking hours peddling drivel and conspiracy theories on a footy forum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back