PSD Pick 10: Zac Dawson

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: PSD Pick 10

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/12375221/i-ve-been-lucky-says-new-docker-dawson/

Fremantle recruit Zac Dawson considers himself "extremely lucky" and feels he owes the port club after being given another AFL lifeline this week.

The former Hawthorn and St Kilda defender joined his third AFL club this week via the pre-season draft.

Dawson was originally drafted by the Hawks in 2003 and played 14 games before moving to St Kilda, where he added a further 63 senior games, including three grand final appearances.

But the 25-year-old walked out on the Saints at the end of last season after rejecting a new contract offer.

"I consider myself extremely lucky," Dawson said.

"I was extremely lucky to get a second chance (with St Kilda) and now to get a third chance - it doesn't happen very often.

"I'm very thankful to the club, to Ross (Lyon) and to everyone for helping me to get over here and I'm looking forward to the future.

AFL_NSchmook Dawson on Ballantyne:"I really didn't like him when I got here...he was talking to me, I thought it was a bit weird." @barrahead #funnyguy

Yeah what the hell is that about? He must of made fun of Dawsons indecent incident of last year.

Yeah what the hell is that about? He must of made fun of Dawsons indecent incident of last year.

This might explain that comment a bit better.

@barrahead adrian barich
Ived Docker Zac Dawson, he reckons when he got to St.Kilda from Haw, he went from hating Milne to loving him just like Balla's now at Freo.
I have got no idea what the first word is supposed to be?

Fremantle recruit Zac Dawson considers himself "extremely lucky" and feels he owes the port club after being given another AFL lifeline this week.

Nothing against Dawson but that's a load of 'tell em what they want to hear' bullshit.

He wasn't discarded and then thrown a lifeline, he deliberately turned down an offer from the Saints knowing he could rejoin Lyon here.

I've no doubt he feels he owes Lyon for resurrecting his career once already, doubt that extends to our club though.

Nothing against Dawson but that's a load of 'tell em what they want to hear' bullshit.

He wasn't discarded and then thrown a lifeline, he deliberately turned down an offer from the Saints knowing he could rejoin Lyon here.

I've no doubt he feels he owes Lyon for resurrecting his career once already, doubt that extends to our club though.

My thoughts exactly. I think he's being full of it now. Unnecessary.
Either way, he's a welcome addition to our club.

Zac: I want my 300k, same as I'm on now.
Pelchen: we have salary cap problems. Here's some magic beans!
Zac: I don't want no stinkin' magic beans!!!!!!111!!!
Pelchen: Tell your story WALKING, Jack!

The Saints needed to shed someone because of salary cap pressures and it came down to Peake, Dawson or Jones.

Peake and Jones got the contract that they wanted, but Dawson didn't. The Saints clearly chose who they wanted to cast out and it was Dawson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I know i'd hold onto Peake before Dawson :toot:

My variation onit; Peake and Jones did not actually get the contracts they wanted, but they realised they may struggle to get anything better. Dawson got the best deal the Saints could offer, but we offered a better deal. Peake has been ok for them imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back