Preview QF1 Geelong v Collingwood Sat Sept 3 2022, 435pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stanley for cegs :thumbsu:
Cameron for sav :thumbsu:
Duncan for zuthrie :thumbsu:
Atkins for moc :thumbsu:

If menegola is fit unsure who the last out will be...might be rohan unless kolo is injured.

Win and win well.
I think Rohan gets the first final (on notice)
Menegola next in if someone doesn't get up.
I'm taking tall insurance in Ceglar as medi sub we can shuffle the deck chair if we lose a small/medium player.

Cats eat birds.
magpie-bird-tries-to-escape-from-a-cat-EBKTDC.jpg

What’s the chances I’ll be able to grab general public tickets? And what end will Cats fans be sitting? We’re coming over from SA and I’m worried about getting us tickets.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Cats will be sitting at the Punt Rd end (M3). Avoid buying a ticket in the Ponsford stand.

As long as you log on when tix go on sale, you can generally get one.

I was praying no Geelong fans complained about the game being at the G.
But then I look on the main board and see a cats fan starting a thread about it.

Omg just leave it alone. It was always going to be at the MCG.
Im sick of fans complaining about this. As if it was going to be played at a ground under construction.
Stop sooking and embrace the challenge.

I was praying no Geelong fans complained about the game being at the G.
But then I look on the main board and see a cats fan starting a thread about it.

Omg just leave it alone. It was always going to be at the MCG.
Im sick of fans complaining about this. As if it was going to be played at a ground under construction.
Stop sooking and embrace the challenge.

Yup.
Just hope the AFL give us a fans friendly time slot if we play a tenant for a "home" final.
IDGAF about the ground.

Let's goooo Catters!!!

Geelong and Collingwood meeting in finals. Name a more iconic duo. Love it.

A Collingwood crowd won't bother our boys. They've spent the whole latter half of the season talking about loving pressure and intensity. If anything, Geelong are licking their lips at the thought of taking on the Pies at their cheat ground (which is obviously what I'm calling it now thanks to this forum. That's too funny.)

Nothing scares this Cats team. They are flying and they know it.

Love to see the AFL has clearly chosen the club's preferred day and time. Finishing top of the ladder did pay off in the end as it should.

Cheer loud and proud for us interstate Cats.

In years gone by, I would've been worried about this Collingwood side, given their pace and speed. But now that we have Stengle, Close, Holmes, Zuthrie and Jezz up and about, that worry is all but gone.

I think the only way we lose this one is if we shit the bed completely and 'old Geelong' shows up, giving up one of those "7 goals to 1" first quarters. I can't see it happening, but anything is possible in finals.

If both teams play at their best, we should win comfortably. Funny thing - given our history, I can't seem to shake the feeling that it's all going to go horribly wrong, like usual. One of these years, the team is going to show us they've moved past those days. Hopefully it's this season and we get the win.

Hypothetically, if we lose, we play the winner of Dockers/Bulldogs, so even if the unthinkable happens, all is not lost. But if we then won the hypothetical Semi, we'd go into a Prelim vs Melbourne or Sydney. That'd be quite a nerve-wracking match. Having said that, I'd rather play Sydney in a Prelim than a GF.

I guess what I'm saying is, either road to the Grand Final has ups and downs. The next few weeks are going to be painfully slow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finishing top of the ladder did pay off in the end as it should.
That and and the fact that Steve Hocking still has friends at AFL House.

We'd be stupid to drop Zuthrie
Well someone has to go out, but it should be horses for courses. Assuming MoC is out, who else do you drop? Would have to be Kolo. Given Collingwood plays small up forward, we could go in with a slightly undersized defense

Yeh Zuthrie has to play for me. Probably been our best mid sized defender in 2nd half of year.

Below is based on being unsure if Stanley can play..

Cameron for Esava
Duncan for O' connor
Miers medi Sub

Unsure what to do with Menegola, in best 22 no doubt but has had no contunuity alllll year?

Bews to Elliott
Zuthrie to Ginnivan

Well someone has to go out, but it should be horses for courses. Assuming MoC is out, who else do you drop? Would have to be Kolo. Given Collingwood plays small up forward, we could go in with a slightly undersized defense

Zuthrie is smaller than Kolo fwiw

I get Kolo plays smaller but that dude is 195cm. He's taller than Harry Taylor was lol

It's funny, when Carlton were piling on goals in the 3rd quarter I was ruing the fact that we'd no longer get to play Collingwood in the QF, as (and I know I'm not alone here) I simply don't think they're "top 4" quality. But now, we cop them off a stirring victory when they have some "team of destiny" vibes going on and I'm not so sure about it all.

Head says we win reasonably well after they give us a scare at some point... Heart says I'll need a few nerve settlers before 4:30 on Saturday.

It's funny, when Carlton were piling on goals in the 3rd quarter I was ruing the fact that we'd no longer get to play Collingwood in the QF, as (and I know I'm not alone here) I simply don't think they're "top 4" quality. But now, we cop them off a stirring victory when they have some "team of destiny" vibes going on and I'm not so sure about it all.

Head says we win reasonably well after they give us a scare at some point... Heart says I'll need a few nerve settlers before 4:30 on Saturday.

If there was no bye week id acknowledge their wave of momentum from that win would be bIg, but the bye week helps us this year...takes some air out of the momentum in their sails..and gives us players back from the late season bumps that popped up.

Saturday Afternoon Delights
Coach pressers will start the foreplay, building anticipation for the rendezvous
MCG v KP : Theirs is shorter and wider Ours is narrower and longer.
It's not the size that matters, as much as how you use it.
Cats have the power and experience to totally dominate them on field
It's 60K toothless baying feral's that provide a Home Ground advantage.
Their constant pleading for free kicks will influence the men in chartreuse.
Cats need to take control early to effectively gag their influence.

Can someone reply to this post once ticket times are up as I have been having issue with emails from the club lately.

Need to sort my ticketmaster account out!

We were down by 30 points with a quarter to last time we met. We stormed home to win by 13 points and I can assure you that will be etched in the minds of Collingwood players, coaches and supporters. The mind games have already began!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back