QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 3 looks like it's going to be quite the standard. Are Northshore entering Div 3 as well?

might be time to give the masters coach a call :oops:

You are better than that ya old fox
In fairness to Thommo that's the rumour considering the recruitment announced on the club Facebook. That said Big Footy rarely let's facts get in the way of debate.

That aside seems pretty exciting times ahead for Pac Pines in 2021. New senior team and Colts potentially as well.
I had a look at the ground for the first time and looks OK. How does parking go though? A lot of yellow lines preventing any road parking

In fairness to Thommo that's the rumour considering the recruitment announced on the club Facebook. That said Big Footy rarely let's facts get in the way of debate.

That aside seems pretty exciting times ahead for Pac Pines in 2021. New senior team and Colts potentially as well.
I had a look at the ground for the first time and looks OK. How does parking go though? A lot of yellow lines preventing any road parking

Agree, some massive names but no Friday night club could or would pay players surely???

I am not sure on the ground etc as I haven't seen it.

If all rumors are true though, an extra helipad to accommodate players is being installed this week :)

Reasonable Div 4 team they are putting together. Seems like they all just live locally though and want to have a kick.

though they do have that bloke coaching who is on about club # 247, so could be odd false promise floating about!

Reasonable Div 4 team they are putting together. Seems like they all just live locally though and want to have a kick.

though they do have that bloke coaching who is on about club # 247, so could be odd false promise floating about!

Gee mate, I'm only 33 that would have me coaching 7.48 teams per year .... this is my second senior team coaching, the other being Carrara 2018/2019.

But carry on continue to tell me how many clubs i have coached :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a salary cap in this comp.
If so how much.
Does anyone know.
Would paying for blokes rego fall into the area as player payments.
I know lots of clubs in other comps are throwing around some good dollars.

Gee mate, I'm only 33 that would have me coaching 7.48 teams per year .... this is my second senior team coaching, the other being Carrara 2018/2019.

But carry on continue to tell me how many clubs i have coached :)

Never commented how many clubs you have coached, but how many clubs have you been at in a playing, coachig or admin type capacity in the last 10 years? Don't even know you, wouldn't know you if I fell over you (not a knock either, just not involved) but that name comes up every couple of years in the musical chairs of QAFA/Div2/3 footy.

Cararra, Park Ridge, Pac Pines, Ormeau, Moorooka, Robina, Logan/Suns? or is there more than 1 of you?

Is there a salary cap in this comp.
If so how much.
Does anyone know.
Would paying for blokes rego fall into the area as player payments.
I know lots of clubs in other comps are throwing around some good dollars.

no cap, no need for one.

Never commented how many clubs you have coached, but how many clubs have you been at in a playing, coachig or admin type capacity in the last 10 years? Don't even know you, wouldn't know you if I fell over you (not a knock either, just not involved) but that name comes up every couple of years in the musical chairs of QAFA/Div2/3 footy.

Cararra, Park Ridge, Pac Pines, Ormeau, Moorooka, Robina, Logan/Suns? or is there more than 1 of you?

no cap, no need for one.

Well in that case ill clear it up for you.

Moorooka - Senior Player 2013-2016 no coaching or admin involvement what so ever
Park Ridge - Reserves coach 2017 (first year coaching)
Carrara - Senior coach 2018/2019 (Premiership "18")

natural progression is it not?

Ormeau (Played 10 games in the same year i was at Park Ridge to help out some mates who where playing and coaching) but no coaching or Admin roles.

Robina NO involvement what so ever

Logan/Suns NO Involvement what so ever.

Not in this div as it has no salary cap, so if a club wants to pay in this Div they can spend a QAFL budget
So if a club wants to pay a few blokes no one will know how much a club spends.
Also paying a blokes rego is a form of payment.
But you say none of it has to be declared.
Seems a bit out of whack with other comps.
Irrivelant of which comp a points and cap should be imposed just like everyone else.

they can spent a VFL budget if they want, but I doubt there is a single match payment being made in the entire competition across Div 3 or 4.

surely not!

they can spent a VFL budget if they want, but I doubt there is a single match payment being made in the entire competition across Div 3 or 4.

surely not!
I reckon someone is getting something somewhere.
But as I said if you pay a blokes rego that is a form of payment.
So yes blokes are getting some coin in this comp.

Div 4 is going to be a bit boring if Pac pines are in it, seems like they have recruited really well and well above your average div 4 team. Going to be hard to get teams to go out there to get belted by 100+. I would’ve expected them to go into div 3 but it probably won’t matter if its going to be north south anyway.

Big statement to say a club is going to win by 100+ every week in Feb I'd say there will be a few clubs that may think otherwise. If it goes nth and sth they will have some tough opponents

Big statement to say a club is going to win by 100+ every week in Feb I'd say there will be a few clubs that may think otherwise. If it goes nth and sth they will have some tough opponents

A bit premature true, hope I’m wrong. Nothing worse than a comp with one very strong team compared with everyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back