QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

North shore vs pac pines in the super bowl next week . I wonder who will take out the Vince Lombardi trophy? I’ll tip north shore cause I have no idea about the south . Looks like the pines have the lads from moorooka/park ridge/Carrara/ ormeau . Should be a cracka at nathan Rd. Which is probably half way !

North shore vs pac pines in the super bowl next week . I wonder who will take out the Vince Lombardi trophy? I’ll tip north shore cause I have no idea about the south . Looks like the pines have the lads from moorooka/park ridge/Carrara/ ormeau . Should be a cracka at nathan Rd. Which is probably half way !

I think everyone is more excited to see whether Freddy’s traffic predictions are correct…

I think everyone is more excited to see whether Freddy’s traffic predictions are correct…

Congratulations to all involved at Cooparoo last night
Red hot game of footy with all the elements of 2 teams having a red hot go
I reckon there’s a few sore bodies this morning
Good win to Pac pines they rightly deserve their place in the Grand Final next week

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How many players did they ’drop’ for the finals?
They don't drop players for finals. My experience is they use a list throughout the year. Then hopefully they can pick the best for finals. Have done that for as long as I can remember.
Best set up Friday nite team in all comps.
I only went 5 goals because it was wet. But watching the game they were in controll all nite.
Well done.

Jets v Aspley game was pretty solid. Jets kicked inaccurately to keep Aspley in touch who nearly made the most of it by narrowing margin to a couple of goals in Q3. Jets then kicked away to win fairly comfortably in the end. Probably should have won by more but a solid hit out all the same.

How many players did they ’drop’ for the finals?

drop from where?

We used 58 players this year and picked the best 22 of the 28 we had available from that 58.

In our premiership 22, there were 5 guys that played 1 QAFL reserves game each in 2022, I was one of them and I am 41 years old and have played nearly 200 games in the Friday night comp.

its laughable that ppl think we stack or 'borrow' from our QAFL squad, when we are the longest running Friday night QFA team going around, and the average age of our team on Friday was about 35.

90% of the time, if a guy misses out on our reserves, they play Div2 for one of our nearby clubs.

drop from where?

We used 58 players this year and picked the best 22 of the 28 we had available from that 58.

In our premiership 22, there were 5 guys that played 1 QAFL reserves game each in 2022, I was one of them and I am 41 years old and have played nearly 200 games in the Friday night comp.

its laughable that ppl think we stack or 'borrow' from our QAFL squad, when we are the longest running Friday night QFA team going around, and the average age of our team on Friday was about 35.

90% of the time, if a guy misses out on our reserves, they play Div2 for one of our nearby clubs.
I think the standing rule is if you've played any senior footy at any level in that year that player is ineligible for Friday nights? Outside that nothing stops it but I wouldn't have thought any club drops players from ressies (and they need to play a minimum Home & away games during the season on Friday nights to qualify for finals). If anyone has any facts to suggest otherwise here is your platform.

However my observations are there are just as many players at the one team clubs playing Friday night comps that could play at a higher level as there are in any '"3rds". Personally I think its great for footy & Sherwood/Woodsmen, and speaks volumes for their culture, that the names they have playing are playing.

drop from where?

Don’t justify a flag to the jealous mate.

Congrats, enjoy your winners piss!

Well done Woodies, Well deserved and a great bunch of blokes that the team and I enjoyed playing against this year.
Australia has the worst tall poppy syndrome ever and you shouldn't have to justify your flag Thommo it was earnt from consistency and hard work on and of the field.
It took 22+ on the night with all the support of those who played throughout the year, and if it was "ring-ins" for the finals you wouldn't have the culture you do or have gone back to back. Looking forward to next year and seeing what AFLQ does in regards to the structure of the comp.

i just looked at the game on PlayHQ because I have nothing better to do and 13 of the 22 have played 100+ games for Sherwood including a shitload of juniors!

6 of them are multiple premiership players at Senior level for Sherwood and another 5 or 6 have previously been Senior players at Sherwood.

Only one guy in the team has played any senior footy in the past 3 years, and that's Drew Mitchell - who is a pretty bloody good recruit and I note he kicked 4 goals on Friday, but he has also played at Sherwood his entire life by the looks of things.

Drew is a life member of the club. His father is a life member and both his grand parents are life members. I think he probably qualifies as home grown!

He is 33, retired from Senior footy in 2020 to coach, but was lured to play more seniors in 2021 due to some injury concerns in the squad.

Just to make more people offended, more ex Senior lads will likely join us next year as well - because blokes in their 30s (and 40s) still like having a kick, and even better they get to do it for the same club with the same mates they played Senior footy with a decade ago.

Good times for all.

Our youngest player was 24 (sherwood junior) and we had 4 guys turning 40 this year or over 40 and 11 guys over 35.

If anyone is dropping back, it's from Masters 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drew is a life member of the club. His father is a life member and both his grand parents are life members. I think he probably qualifies as home grown!

He is 33, retired from Senior footy in 2020 to coach, but was lured to play more seniors in 2021 due to some injury concerns in the squad.

Just to make more people offended, more ex Senior lads will likely join us next year as well - because blokes in their 30s (and 40s) still like having a kick, and even better they get to do it for the same club with the same mates they played Senior footy with a decade ago.

Good times for all.

Our youngest player was 24 (sherwood junior) and we had 4 guys turning 40 this year or over 40 and 11 guys over 35.

If anyone is dropping back, it's from Masters 🤣
Sounds like you are pillaging the local masters group Thommo... :)

personally think its great - be a good thing for alot of clubs for their 3rds to be made up of these sort of guys vs some of the clubs made up of lots of blokes who are still more than capable of playing senior footy in Div 2 and are under 30

Sounds like you are pillaging the local masters group Thommo... :)

personally think its great - be a good thing for alot of clubs for their 3rds to be made up of these sort of guys vs some of the clubs made up of lots of blokes who are still more than capable of playing senior footy in Div 2 and are under 30

There are a lot of blokes under thirty who don’t want to play Saturday footy due to work commitments and other stuff on weekends
Friday night suits them
So if they can’t play div 2 footy on a Saturday for whatever reason do we lose them from the game I hope it never comes to that

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Freddy. Its your Cup on Friday night with Northshore Jets and Pac Pines Power playing off.

Can you give us a short appetising prelude to this game? Who are the players to look out for? Where will the game be won and lost? Will the travel time be a factor? What's your prediction?

Freddy. Its your Cup on Friday night with Northshore Jets and Pac Pines Power playing off.

Can you give us a short appetising prelude to this game? Who are the players to look out for? Where will the game be won and lost? Will the travel time be a factor? What's your prediction?
if we win tonight ill personally thank Freddy on stage :)

Well done to pac pines I guess . Gee wizz it’s rough on north shore. Clearly the best team in there division but lose to a team in another comp , that they never play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back