QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know the reason?

Surely Div 3 gets the same treatment? Yeronga could do without another grand final surely.

Is there a league count night again or do they still just stream it?

Yeronga literally just hosted a massive weekend of foottball, then get handed womens and QFA Div 3.

Absolutely makes zero sense for QFA Div 3 to be there, it could be literally anywhere but Yeronga.

Where has this Redcliffe information come from? The league released information via social media and club email that the grand final would be at Morningside and I can’t find anywhere that suggest it won’t be ?

Would seems crazy. Let’s say Pac Pines and North shore make it

1 hour 20 on a good run for Paccas and 2 hours for the jets. Seems ridiculous. Although the concept as a whole is completely ridiculous and I would imagine all 4 clubs remaining would be treating this Friday as the actual grand final. And next week as a bit of a novelty.

Where has this Redcliffe information come from? The league released information via social media and club email that the grand final would be at Morningside and I can’t find anywhere that suggest it won’t be ?

Would seems crazy. Let’s say Pac Pines and North shore make it

1 hour 20 on a good run for Paccas and 2 hours for the jets. Seems ridiculous. Although the concept as a whole is completely ridiculous and I would imagine all 4 clubs remaining would be treating this Friday as the actual grand final. And next week as a bit of a novelty.
It’s on there Facebook . Qfa div 4 north vs south grand final. I agree the whole concept is ridiculous but unless you’re making your own flags and medals the gf is next week.

Freddy just checked google maps
I live in pimpama and it’s an hour and 48 minutes to Redcliffe add Friday peak hour traffic in and it will be over 2 hrs travel for most of the Pac pines lads whoever is coming up with all of this really has no clue
God help either side if there is major traffic jams on the Friday afternoon
North shore will have issues coming down as well
Not an ideal preparation for blokes to play in a grand final is it
Maybe AFLQ want a Cooparoo v Aspley grand final and that was their reasoning to play at Redcliffe not as much travel for either club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

2 hrs if the GF was being played Sunday afternoon at Redcliffe - the Bruce is a disaster at that time heading south... :). Otherwise more like 50min

1 hour 8 one way and 1 hour 3 the other.

Seems like midway regardless of traffic adding.

The Bruce is a nightmare north but not south smy. Unless days like today which were a nightmare but that’s all our reality north or south.

End of the day it’s pretty central and a club that has great facilities that hasn’t had one before benefits.

If AFLQ 'wanted' Coorparoo in the GF why wouldn't they keep it at their neighbours' ground 5 minutes away? Dumb comment

Agreed it seems more neutral than any venue in the middle of town.

Just wondering what the actual reasoning is. And why it doesn't seem to apply to other grand finals seemingly kept at Yeronga?

1 hour 8 one way and 1 hour 3 the other.

Seems like midway regardless of traffic adding.

The Bruce is a nightmare north but not south smy. Unless days like today which were a nightmare but that’s all our reality north or south.

End of the day it’s pretty central and a club that has great facilities that hasn’t had one before benefits.

Depends what part of the weekend it is. Terrible heading to the sunny coast early in the weekend, and away from the sunny coast late on in the weekend.

Could be a rainy one Friday night. Looks like it's on Maroochydore main oval which is a bit bigger than the back oval they played on 2 weeks ago - wonder who that will suit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun fact - the final game in each of the 3 Friday divisions (though 2 of them aren't grand finals) are between a standalone senior team vs. a thirds team

Will the standalone teams strike a blow in 2022?

Will the big clubs assert dominance again?

The great debate continues

Depends what part of the weekend it is. Terrible heading to the sunny coast early in the weekend, and away from the sunny coast late on in the weekend.

Could be a rainy one Friday night. Looks like it's on Maroochydore main oval which is a bit bigger than the back oval they played on 2 weeks ago - wonder who that will suit?
It will suit Jets much more imo the ground size, not sure about the wet conditions though.

It will suit Jets much more imo the ground size, not sure about the wet conditions though.

Jets play on a miniaturised bog hole where an under 13 could slot one from the square… not sure how your logic works there smy?

Aspley train at Brendale - a bloody paddock. Graham Rd isn’t tiny either.

Jets thumped Aspley in the wet when Aspley had about 12 out the other week. I’d expect Aspley to be close to full strength this week and Jets coming off a week of rest. All should make for a cracking game!

North Shore only played 1 or 2 games at their home ground though, majority were played at Landsborough which is a bit bigger. Still a bit shorter than the main ground at Maroochydore

Jets play on a miniaturised bog hole where an under 13 could slot one from the square… not sure how your logic works there smy?

Aspley train at Brendale - a bloody paddock. Graham Rd isn’t tiny either.

Jets thumped Aspley in the wet when Aspley had about 12 out the other week. I’d expect Aspley to be close to full strength this week and Jets coming off a week of rest. All should make for a cracking game!
Because they are a fast, on top of the ground side imo. Aspley looked a lot bigger and heavier. If it stays fine this evening think Jets win easily

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back