QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I know about the Morningside coach etc if it is true, I imagine that player won't be welcome back at the club, to say the least

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can confirm the morningside coach wasnt even at the game. He was on the piss with me that night, and we both got random msgs about the game on the night with completely conflicting stories, so I doubt anyone not involved has a clue what happened.

Don't think there is dispute someone got whacked from behind though.

Can confirm the morningside coach wasnt even at the game. He was on the piss with me that night, and we both got random msgs about the game on the night with completely conflicting stories, so I doubt anyone not involved has a clue what happened.

Don't think there is dispute someone got whacked from behind though.
Ok. Fair enough. What is the story then?

Early reports coming out of Vultureland that Steven Collier is out for their game against NorthShore. Big game, even bigger loss considering he is the barometer for the team
I see the results state Mt Gravatt won by 49 points without the barometer. What was the withdrawal reason SteeleFrontBottom?

Yes, I saw the score and it was a great showing by Mt Gravatt this week. I'm not too sure about the reason behind the barometers withdrawal but from this outsiders perspective it was not an issue with form.

Very interesting run home to the finals in both divisions. Div 3 is a cracker with 4 points separating the top 4. Jimboomba were the most in form team heading into the bye and Morningside just look very well placed to go back to back.

Collingwood Park look certain to finish minor premiers in Div 4 with Coorparoo coming home like a steam train (won 8 straight) and Mt Gravatt not getting close to fielding a best 22 most of the season. Will be interesting to see who misses out on finals out of Pac Pines, Marcellin and North Shore.

Can someone please remind me what the finals structure is for both comps? Is it top 5 and over 4 weeks?

Frontbottom exclusive report: Ahead of the Mt Gravatt clash with Ipswich Cats, Vulture, Steven Collier was seen practising and nailing his set shots during training. Is a possible move to the forward line on the cards this Friday night? This reporter certainly hopes so.

Frontbottom exclusive report: Ahead of the Mt Gravatt clash with Ipswich Cats, Vulture, Steven Collier was seen practising and nailing his set shots during training. Is a possible move to the forward line on the cards this Friday night? This reporter certainly hopes so.
How did he go Steele? I don't see his name in the goals list. Must have play down back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see what AFLQ come back with regarding the finals series in the Friday Night comps. Surely now Div 3 becomes a two week series with 1v4 and 2v3. Can't see any other way if they aren't going to extend the season. That's provided the community sport ban isn't extended which is every possibility?

Will be interesting to see what AFLQ come back with regarding the finals series in the Friday Night comps. Surely now Div 3 becomes a two week series with 1v4 and 2v3. Can't see any other way if they aren't going to extend the season. That's provided the community sport ban isn't extended which is every possibility?

Plenty of possibilities around finals series for div 3 and 4 they could even do a top four over 3 weeks if aflq want to stick to the schedule. Gotta feel for the teams missing out on finals as a result of community sports ban but would hate to see the season scrapped.

Hard to increase teams and games and stick to the current schedule.

Is it?

If there is a Top 6 over 4 weeks, it can easily be a Top 8 over 4 weeks with no change to schedule

If there is a Top 5 over 3 weeks, can easily become a Top 6 over 3 weeks with no change to schedule

If its a Top 4 over 3 weeks, can easily become a Top 5 or Top 6 over 3 weeks with no change to schedule.

It's actually pretty bloody simple!

Waiting on some form of communication from the league, We (Pac Power) are sitting 6th (equal points with Marcellin who are 5th) they got us by % the Abandoned game against Ferny Grove (who we have not played this year) hurt us, then to have the game last week at home vs. Ipswich abandon as well really stuck a dagger in.

I'm not saying anything is certain in footy but given we were lending 6 players to Ferny and we beat Ippy up there by 130 odd i reckon we would have been a massive chance to win both whilst Marcellin games v Coorparoo who are firing and Mt Gravatt sitting second are the 2 they got to share the points with i cant help but think poor us. not to mention we wont get to play Marcellin in the final round to steal that spot if we were good enough ( and i believe we absolutely are good enough)

Whilst i would love to think HQ will go " you know Pac Power beat 3 of the top 5 lets make it a top 6 finals" i think it will be more likely they say "sorry Marcellin its just to hard and we will go with top 4" .

1v4 2v3 winners meet in the granny.

that being said if they go down that path Collingwood Park Vs Mt Gravatt would be a good result as they are the clear standouts IMO.

if only we had Morro early in the season we could have avoided this by being undefeated on top :)

Rumour has it they are going with Top 4's in all comps, Seniors through to Youth.

Probably a fair outcome, given they quite rightly suggest that another lockdown would cause chaos, so they would rather finish quickly, than extend things.

My ideas were all based on no further lockdowns, which can't be guaranteed. (though none of them involve extra weeks, so I still think they are better)

Rumour has it they are going with Top 4's in all comps, Seniors through to Youth.

Probably a fair outcome, given they quite rightly suggest that another lockdown would cause chaos, so they would rather finish quickly, than extend things.

My ideas were all based on no further lockdowns, which can't be guaranteed. (though none of them involve extra weeks, so I still think they are better)
Top 6 would’ve been fine over 4 weeks, over 3 weeks you would have;
Week 1 3v6 then 4v5
Week 2 elimination final for 1 and 2 that haven’t played in a month.
Immediately thought of you and your team Nick you guys certainly deserved a chance definitely one of the best teams in the comp.

Top 6 would’ve been fine over 4 weeks, over 3 weeks you would have;
Week 1 3v6 then 4v5
Week 2 elimination final for 1 and 2 that haven’t played in a month.
Immediately thought of you and your team Nick you guys certainly deserved a chance definitely one of the best teams in the comp.
Waiting on some form of communication from the league, We (Pac Power) are sitting 6th (equal points with Marcellin who are 5th) they got us by % the Abandoned game against Ferny Grove (who we have not played this year) hurt us, then to have the game last week at home vs. Ipswich abandon as well really stuck a dagger in.

I'm not saying anything is certain in footy but given we were lending 6 players to Ferny and we beat Ippy up there by 130 odd i reckon we would have been a massive chance to win both whilst Marcellin games v Coorparoo who are firing and Mt Gravatt sitting second are the 2 they got to share the points with i cant help but think poor us. not to mention we wont get to play Marcellin in the final round to steal that spot if we were good enough ( and i believe we absolutely are good enough)

Whilst i would love to think HQ will go " you know Pac Power beat 3 of the top 5 lets make it a top 6 finals" i think it will be more likely they say "sorry Marcellin its just to hard and we will go with top 4" .

1v4 2v3 winners meet in the granny.

that being said if they go down that path Collingwood Park Vs Mt Gravatt would be a good result as they are the clear standouts IMO.

if only we had Morro early in the season we could have avoided this by being undefeated on top :)

The right result, should make for a great finals series, see you in a few weeks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back