QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to be clear, (again) any allegation that I had anything to do with two teams is simply not factual. I haven’t had a single discussion with AFLQ re Friday night footy. Why propagate such blatant mistruth? The irony is I only found out tonight our two teams are in D3 North & South. Keep writing stuff that’s not factual and I’ll keep correcting it. Say I was s**t at my job, that’s fine, as that your opinion, but if you alleging stuff that occurred at least get the facts correct.
This is big footy. Facts are never correct.

Good point! You would think this would need to be done right especially with a lot of people outside looking in. You would think they’d need 2 separate lists and as they’re in 2 separate competitions and they’d need permits to go back and forward. I’d presume but again some rules for some and different rules for others.
May need seperate permits to ensure they don’t load up one team. I am glad it’s Div 3 north and south for each. Seems much more fair to me. Be interesting to see how strong the div 3 north team is. I’d be surprised on how many from that grand final team from last year would want to go to div 3 north. My money is that their south team will be stronger.

I think you have made your point very clear.
Fair enough it's just some won't believe you.
But it really doesn't matter now and I think that the divisions coops are in are correct.
Do you know if they have to have two separate lists and are they allowed to cross over.
With this being a first I assume there are no specific rules in place.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I asked that question last night of the club person overseeing it and he wasn’t sure how the movement, if any, between the two teams will work. The clubs preference was D3 & D4, in which case it would have been easy to split. Once they understand the list rules they’ll determine how they structure the two teams.

Just to be clear, (again) any allegation that I had anything to do with two teams is simply not factual. I haven’t had a single discussion with AFLQ re Friday night footy. Why propagate such blatant mistruth? The irony is I only found out tonight our two teams are in D3 North & South. Keep writing stuff that’s not factual and I’ll keep correcting it. Say I was s**t at my job, that’s fine, as that your opinion, but if you’re alleging stuff that occurred at least get the facts correct.
You certainly protest loudly.

However I just can’t wait to watch those emerging 2025 Colts with beards, and their kids cheering from the sidelines, running about with us all on Friday nights this year.

I asked that question last night of the club person overseeing it and he wasn’t sure how the movement, if any, between the two teams will work. The clubs preference was D3 & D4, in which case it would have been easy to split. Once they understand the list rules they’ll determine how they structure the two teams.
Well I'm not sure there were any rules in place for this situation.
It's not going to come up very often and I'm assuming you guys won't field two sides next year.
Id say with the numbers floated around on here you would be able to have a minimum of 40 in each team. Be totally separate and no swapping over.
That would be the simplest way to go.
Anything else just makes it complicated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some clubs must have issues either getting players or disagreeing with the draw?

I think you’ll find that there are a couple of teams still trying to convince AFLQ they’ll have the numbers and they’ve yet to prove it.

Rumours are Ipswich Cats, Jimboomba, Collingwood Park, Mayne, Labrador are struggling for numbers.

I can understand asking for an extra week or so for numbers in Jan. But not Feb and certainly not in Mid March.

Makes you wonder how on earth did Beenleigh get the green light for a team last year. Forfeited the last 6 or so games of the season. Moorooka got lots of flak last year for barely getting a team together but at least they fielded a team 99% of the time.

Rumours are Ipswich Cats, Jimboomba, Collingwood Park, Mayne, Labrador are struggling for numbers.

I can understand asking for an extra week or so for numbers in Jan. But not Feb and certainly not in Mid March.

Makes you wonder how on earth did Beenleigh get the green light for a team last year. Forfeited the last 6 or so games of the season. Moorooka got lots of flak last year for barely getting a team together but at least they fielded a team 99% of the time.
That's a lot of clubs in doubt if true.
Maybe just get coops left over players on permits.

I can’t believe this is still an issue 2 1/2 weeks out from the first game! The decision should have been made months ago. It looks like it could have been just 2 comps - Div 3 North & South!!

I can’t believe this is still an issue 2 1/2 weeks out from the first game! The decision should have been made months ago. It looks like it could have been just 2 comps - Div 3 North & South!!
Maybe it’s clubs being greedy trying to start 3rds when they don’t have the numbers…

AFLQ need to get out from behind their desks and working from home and sort out the issues with youth footy and senior footy out our way.

Since the debacle with Pirates not getting the new lease at Everleigh it has put our club back another 5 years.

Pirates, Calamvale, Jimboomba, Beenleigh have limited or no Youth and Senior Teams in our corridor all struggling as well.

With Mount Gravatt and now Sherwood both struggling to be competitive at QAFL Level the whole western corridor apart from Springfield is really struggling.

So much for growing to one million participation members. Let’s get some things right first as volunteers leaving clubs in this region as well due to dealing with morons

AFLQ need to get out from behind their desks and working from home and sort out the issues with youth footy and senior footy out our way.

Since the debacle with Pirates not getting the new lease at Everleigh it has put our club back another 5 years.

Pirates, Calamvale, Jimboomba, Beenleigh have limited or no Youth and Senior Teams in our corridor all struggling as well.

With Mount Gravatt and now Sherwood both struggling to be competitive at QAFL Level the whole western corridor apart from Springfield is really struggling.

So much for growing to one million participation members. Let’s get some things right first as volunteers leaving clubs in this region as well due to dealing with morons
Didn’t/Doesn’t Calamvale have a huge junior base? I recall a few years ago went to a game at Calamvale as my sisters son was playing u8 or u9s and they had there own comp as they had about 8 or so teams in each age group.

Not sure how a junior base of that size doesn’t have a senior team. Calamvale could be a powerhouse but I don’t think they even have a 16s team except a team in the 13s and 15s. How are they losing all those players? Where are they going? Park Ridge? Mt Gravatt?

Beenleigh is falling back down to the bottom of div 1.( also don’t have the numbers for a Friday night team) Mt Gravatt will not be QAFL next year, Sherwood will be bottom of the ladder again. Jimboomba tried to go div 2 and didn’t have enough numbers and is back in div 3 and Park Ridge is middle of the pack in div 2. Calamvale doesn’t even have a senior team. I agree Still Me, at least one of those teams could be a western powerhouse.

Then you have Ipswich which has about 5 teams and all are Friday night? When one of those teams should be pushed by AFLQ to go Saturday.

Didn’t/Doesn’t Calamvale have a huge junior base? I recall a few years ago went to a game at Calamvale as my sisters son was playing u8 or u9s and they had there own comp as they had about 8 or so teams in each age group.

Not sure how a junior base of that size doesn’t have a senior team. Calamvale could be a powerhouse but I don’t think they even have a 16s team except a team in the 13s and 15s. How are they losing all those players? Where are they going? Park Ridge? Mt Gravatt?

Beenleigh is falling back down to the bottom of div 1.( also don’t have the numbers for a Friday night team) Mt Gravatt will not be QAFL next year, Sherwood will be bottom of the ladder again. Jimboomba tried to go div 2 and didn’t have enough numbers and is back in div 3 and Park Ridge is middle of the pack in div 2. Calamvale doesn’t even have a senior team. I agree Still Me, at least one of those teams could be a western powerhouse.

Then you have Ipswich which has about 5 teams and all are Friday night? When one of those teams should be pushed by AFLQ to go Saturday.

Calamvale had Saturday mens teams upto around 2012 and then basically turned into Park Ridge Pirates with most of the players ending up there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back