State of Origin QLD state of origin team application

Should Queensland have its own State of Origin team?

• Yes - They absolutely deserve their own team

• No - I'm a sissy cry baby who doesn't like change

• Queenslander!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sorry, my Oz English is, how you say? Inelegant.

I was referring to the "establishment" you mentioned, and perhaps mistakenly assumed it was an example of the "Victorian (state) bias" I've read about.
You may also have 'read about' the NSW/QLD State Of Origin rivalry. NSW are desperate to keep QLD posters in the Allies side and henceforth the NSW powerbrokers are throwing spanners in the works of a standalone QLD side. Nothing surer or elegant about it

I love the Counts but i am retired.

Animated GIF

QLD State of Origin Update:

Unfortunately, we will not have a standalone Queensland Team in the upcoming SOO Series

It is now time to get behind The Allies concept & link arms with our friends from NSW/ACT, TAS, NT & The Rest of The World

I need your help redesigning The Allies jersey to something that acknowledges the strong Queensland representation in this Team

Current Allies Design:
IMG_5639.jpeg

I have suggested that the bottom half is changed from Black to Maroon (or better still, the top half changed from Teal to Maroon)

Thoughts???

This is an appalling proposal. The joint is renowned only for making every school aged child learn the banjo.

Besides half the Dills have played for Allies or elsewhere This is a strong point made by The Filth Wizard and others.

Unfortunately, we will not have a standalone Queensland Team in the upcoming SOO Series

It is now time to get behind The Allies concept & link arms with our friends from NSW/ACT, TAS, NT & The Rest of The World

I need your help redesigning The Allies jersey to something that acknowledges the strong Queensland representation in this Team

Current Allies Design:
View attachment 1708766

I have suggested that the bottom half is changed from Black to Maroon (or better still, the top half changed from Teal to Maroon)

Thoughts???
If you want all the Allies players to come together, I'm not sure changing the jersey to represent Queensland more is a good idea. In fact, it seems more dividing than bringing everyone together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current Allies Design:
View attachment 1708766

Thoughts???
If we're going down that direction I think we should be a bit more inclusive.

My suggested design has
Maroon to represent Queensland
Sky Blue to represent New South Wales
Yellow and Navy to represent the ACT
Ochre to represent the Northern Territories
Green to represent Tasmania
and the globe emoji to represent any international presence we have.

Untitled.png

If we're going down that direction I think we should be a bit more inclusive.

My suggested design has
Maroon to represent Queensland
Sky Blue to represent New South Wales
Yellow and Navy to represent the ACT
Ochre to represent the Northern Territories
Green to represent Tasmania
and the globe emoji to represent any international presence we have.

View attachment 1709170

Looks sh*t

Why would people that identify as Queenslanders not be in the Allies previously?
I signed up for the allies years ago, never once even got acknowledged. Stupid idea, stupid system, stupid.

I thought a qld team would have more courtesy and etiquette, but it seems it doesn't even have more team.

State of origin? more like bunchobastards of origin. amiright?

I signed up for the allies years ago, never once even got acknowledged. Stupid idea, stupid system, stupid.

I thought a qld team would have more courtesy and etiquette, but it seems it doesn't even have more team.

State of origin? more like bunchobastards of origin. amiright?

I am not sure what happened previously … BUT you are playing for The Allies in the upcoming SOO Series

I am not sure what happened previously … BUT you are playing for The Allies in the upcoming SOO Series
Is that before or after I said "where am I?"

Bring your banjos here ⬆️ ⬆️ ⬆️

Back