R.I.P Paul Couch

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a sad situation. Its a terrible loss. It was so sudden. Thats what hits home.
I guess its a reminder that we dont know when & where the bus of fate will hit us.
So live every day well. Be kind, life is too short for hate.
(Except for Carlton of course, maybe ;).
Well said mate. And a bit of humour , which without that, we'd be all in terrible trouble. 51 IS TOO DAMNED YOUNG!

All the best to you mate. I almost lost my Dad and every time I hear about this happening (to the Couch's or you) I thank my lucky stars I still have him, and can't imagine the pain of losing a loved one suddenly or so young. My thoughts are with everyone.

Couchy's smile is what I remember, alongside the brilliant footy he played when I first fell in love with footy.
Rest in Peace.
Thanks mate. To you, and all others who still have their parents, please talk to them as often as you can, because you can't after they're gone. To this day, I wish I'd spent more time with Dad. He was a very clever man, and I wish I'd tapped into his knowledge while I had the chance!!!

it seems most people who watched football in the 90's had a strong fondness for that Geelong team.

Couch was a very good footballer and it seemed was a good bloke off the field.

A very sad day added by the disgrace if true that some in the media leaked the death before his family knew.

R.I.P Paul Couch.

Looking at his record, I am surprised he has not been inducted into the Hall of Fame as yet.

RIP - was a quality player

not winning a premiership may of mean't he gets forgotten compared to some pretty good teams and players from Carlton, West Coast, North and Hawthorn of his era.

Sad news this. condolences to all who knew him.

For you younger folks, his brownlow was no fluke. He was a GUN midfielder for a long stretch in a side that was always in the hunt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very sad and unexpected news, he was a champion player and ever likeable figure. Glad I was old enough to see some of his footy before he hung up the boots. He would have been the most famous living person I was related to (father's side), something I was always immensely proud of.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back