Summary
sunny.png

Max 15
Sunny.
Chance of any rain: 0%
rain_0.gif

Rainfall amount: 0 mm
Launceston area
Sunny. Winds southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h tending southerly 20 to 25 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the late afternoon.

House Rules

• no trolling of any kind will be tolerated - instant ban
  • no posting or asking for live streams - instant ban

- Post final team changes when they are announced.

Go Dogs!!!,

bulldog.gif

the Hawks are not untouchables...... :D

Last edited:

I'll be happy if we lose by under 6 goals expecting an 8 - 10 goal loss though

I'll be happy if we lose by under 6 goals expecting an 8 - 10 goal loss though
why would you expect that? we are a lot better than last year and they can most certainly be beaten like last week..

why would you expect that? we are a lot better than last year and they can most certainly be beaten like last week..
Hawthorn have won back to back flags we are still an average side anything around a 6 goal loss would be a good result from us

If we can keep the same intensity and desperation a 3rd week in a row, i honestly think we can win this, i don't even remeber the last time i was not 100% certain of a lose against the hawks, that has to count for something.

Things to watch for me today, (and in the replay)

Backline: If our backline perform like they have the last 2 weeks against a potent hawk forward force, i will no longer regard our backline as a liabilty, and will begin judging it a 'little' more harshly, rather then just be thrilled we didn't leak like a siv.

Forward line: Obviously i hope we can find the goals, but what I will be watching for is structure, homogamy, movement. I don't expect anything drastic, just a hint that they are beginning to meld.

Midline: This is a massive test for our young mids, today we will learn what is what in so many ways. Cant wait.

Hawk's will come out breathing fire after last week, but IMO any realistic chance we had of winning went out with Wood and Boyd.

But anyway, go dogs!

IMO with M Boyd out of the backline we will struggle and not only have we lost experience but maturity and the ability to not buckle under pressure. Whilst his delivery is not the best his work over the last 2 weeks was very good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Down by 20 at 3/4 time, the young dogs mids storm home and Toyd kicks the winning goal after the siren after outmarking lake 1 on 1 in the goal square. Dogs win by 2 points.

Seriously though, just hoping we give them a good push and are very competitive, keep up the pressure and attack attack attack.

If we get within 20 points and show the same direction and fight we have in the first 2 rounds we will do ok. The loss off wood, Moyd and an under done bonti I think our small chance is done. But still I will be cheering on hoping for a win.

Hill out and Mitchell, Gibson underdone too, not completely out of it IMO. Outside chance of course though.

Won't be surprised if someond like Stevens played off half back now boyd is out. Actually I think that he wouldn't do so bad playing that role.

Edit: Bont why do you do this to my SC team and there goes any chance of a dog victory... :(

Won't be surprised if someond like Stevens played off half back now boyd is out. Actually I think that he wouldn't do so bad playing that role.

With goodes the sub and bonti out I think we will need him around the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back