Radiohead tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, there are 2 less people to battle with for tickets and flights to Melbourne. My wife and I discussed it last night and decided against it :(

I had a couple of tickets for the cancelled gig on the last tour and I seem to remember the seats in the bleachers never sold out completely. I guess the younger fans (early 20's) are gonna go nuts for tickets but the 30+ like me who were 18 when OK Computer came out will moss likely baulk at the venue, price and likely quality of the set list.

Fear not, it seems that was just Radiohead's own initial allocation

Tomorrow at midday Michael Chugg Entertainment have more tickets going on sale, then on Thursday morning tickets go on sale to the general public.
Thanks for the heads up my good man, 2 tickets for the Saturday show secured by 12.01pm today.

I had a couple of tickets for the cancelled gig on the last tour and I seem to remember the seats in the bleachers never sold out completely. I guess the younger fans (early 20's) are gonna go nuts for tickets but the 30+ like me who were 18 when OK Computer came out will moss likely baulk at the venue, price and likely quality of the set list.
No, they were sold out.

reports on here are contrary to what i've heard - when Tom and Alex announced it yesterday, they specifically said that unlike recent tours which focussed on King of Limbs, this tour would showcase more of their back catalogue.

my only disappointment is that we only got three days notice before tickets went on sale. but i'll make it work.

i find it difficult to believe that these will be the only shows if they sell out - the big gaps between shows indicates there is room for more shows.

edit: i tell a lie - also disappointing is having to listen to lewi mcirdy and the doctor to try and win tickets. they both make my ears bleed.

I looked up their setlists from this tour. God awful. No way I'm paying $130 for that.

No Paranoid Android. No Exit Music. No Bends. Nothing.
How narrow minded.

How dare they not play two songs from a career spanning eight records!

I somehow got tickets to Friday. They're on the floor, and I'm mightily excited. A mate and I are going. Should be really awesome fun.

How narrow minded.

How dare they not play two songs from a career spanning eight records!

I somehow got tickets to Friday. They're on the floor, and I'm mightily excited. A mate and I are going. Should be really awesome fun.
As in: There's no songs from any of their early records. I only ever got up to Kid A, and their last album, and apart from songs off their last album I don't recognise any of them.

It's their first visit down under in 8 years, I am anticipating one of their consistently mindblowing shows with a setlist of about 20 or so songs spanning their whole career. Naturally, most of the songs they play nowadays are probably post-90's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Secured three GA tickets to the Brisbane show. So excited I nearly went into shock.

Was an intense ticket purchase experience. There are a lot of disappointed Radiohead fans on Facebook today.
The same here. I can't believe it.

Ed went on British radio and announced the outline. They'd be doing stadiums (check) and would play, primarily, from the last two albums. So TKOL and IR will feature most heavily, with other songs put in the set around them. But according to an AU/NZ press release, we've got it different. They might play a few more hits. I couldn't care either way.

This is what they played in Miami last night:

1. Bloom
2. The Daily Mail
3. Magpie
4. Staircase
5. National Anthem
6. Meeting In the Aisle #
7. Kid A
8. The Gloaming
9. Codex
10. You and Whose Army?
11. Nude
12. Identikit *
13. Lotus Flower
14. There There
15. Feral
16. Idioteque
17. Separator

ENCORE 1
18. Airbag
19. Bodysnatchers
20. Cut A Hole *
21. Arpeggi

ENCORE 2
22. Give Up the Ghost
23. Reckoner
24. Karma Police

ENCORE 3
25. Electric Cars *

* Brand new, first time live performance
# First ever live appearance for the '97 b-side

And Thom said: "We're gonna play new s**t every night – I hope"

Here are some beautiful photos of the lighting rig:

526750303.jpg

526736843.jpg

Who else is going Melbourne night one, and is excited?

i can't justify $130 on them if they're not gonna play a good amount from the bends and ok computer. not a big fan of kid a/amnesiac and really didn't like king of limbs. what would be a bigger loss: $130 and a crappy setlist or not getting to see a good setlist but keeping $130? ahh i don't know what to do!!!

I'm a little disappointed- I didn't manage to get General Admission tickets. Still, I got tickets to two different shows.

Absolutely ****ing pumped. I've never seen them before. As long as I hear "All I need", I don't care.

i can't justify $130 on them if they're not gonna play a good amount from the bends and ok computer. not a big fan of kid a/amnesiac and really didn't like king of limbs. what would be a bigger loss: $130 and a crappy setlist or not getting to see a good setlist but keeping $130? ahh i don't know what to do!!!
It's only $130. It's a real event.

I've got a GA ticket for Melbourne. But this is going to cost me about $500 with flights (and my ticket) alone. Plus another $300ish on costs. Is this worth it? I'm moving to Melbourne next year, so I kind of have to keep some money. I'm torn!

I have always had in mind that if Radiohead tour but do not come to Perth, that I would fly over to watch them. BUT - I already have flights booked to Singapore for the whole family for a holiday and already booked flights to Melbourne in April to watch Fremantle play St Kilda.

A purely financial decision had to be made and it is $500-$700 that will be used for spending money in Singapore.

I just sent money over for my daughter to fly from Kansas to Chicago to see Death Cab for Cutie on her 21st so been spending big lately and priorities change as one gets older !!!!

If it was Bruce Springsteen on the other hand..... All bets would be off !

I have always had in mind that if Radiohead tour but do not come to Perth, that I would fly over to watch them. BUT - I already have flights booked to Singapore for the whole family for a holiday and already booked flights to Melbourne in April to watch Fremantle play St Kilda.

A purely financial decision had to be made and it is $500-$700 that will be used for spending money in Singapore.

I just sent money over for my daughter to fly from Kansas to Chicago to see Death Cab for Cutie on her 21st so been spending big lately and priorities change as one gets older !!!!

If it was Bruce Springsteen on the other hand..... All bets would be off !
Yeah, I'm really thinking about it.

Obviously these guys mean a lot to so many. Detailing my love affair, and reasons for it, with Radiohead is unnecessary and boring. I've dreamed about seeing them live. Who knows if I'll have another chance?

But on the other hand, it's bad timing. I was considering going to Melbourne in July for a week. I could just do my yearly/18-monthly week in Melbourne-with-footy-and-food. If Radiohead were playing in the middle of winter, I'd have no hesitations. But November is a very awkward time for me.

I'll have to see.

I'm sure I'll be able to sell my ticket, though.

Yeah, I'm really thinking about it.

Obviously these guys mean a lot to so many. Detailing my love affair, and reasons for it, with Radiohead is unnecessary and boring. I've dreamed about seeing them live. Who knows if I'll have another chance?

But on the other hand, it's bad timing. I was considering going to Melbourne in July for a week. I could just do my yearly/18-monthly week in Melbourne-with-footy-and-food. If Radiohead were playing in the middle of winter, I'd have no hesitations. But November is a very awkward time for me.

I'll have to see.

I'm sure I'll be able to sell my ticket, though.[/quote]

It is extra tough for you because they are your favourite band. Plus being a student, lack of money will be an issue for a while.

I have seen hundreds of gigs and seen most of the greats, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Dirty Three, Nick Cave..... I could go on, but won't. So I can miss a band and not lose sleep over it like I did when I gave my Pixies ticket to my sister in law because I knew she was a bigger fan than me.

I hope you get over there to be honest because seeing your favourite artist is different to seeing anybody else, but if you don't and you sell the ticket....cost price only SA !!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back