Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't let yourself get caught up in the media sensation, they have a vested interest in getting you hooked on fear in order to get clicks and views. Sad but they'll do anything to make a buck. It's far from out of control here in Australia. But doesn't mean you shouldn't still be vigilant.
Not just to get ratings and clicks, but also to keep up the hysterical panic buying that would be making their advertisers shitloads at the moment

Not just to get ratings and clicks, but also to keep up the hysterical panic buying that would be making their advertisers shitloads at the moment
Yeah exactly, once you get hooked on the hysteria you just need to keep watching just to get that next bit of info like it's crack. I've just removed Facebook for about a week, so much s**t going around it just makes you lose hope in humanity.

source.gif

get your own avatar, pal.
My apologies mate, this is a terrible coincidence where I thought you changed your name as a sledge to us after our discussion about the EFL umpire uniforms, saw this guy with the exact same profile picture vote in one of the FIRA games.

Reckon you've got the wrong guy here.
Yes we do indeed haha

My apologies mate, this is a terrible coincidence where I thought you changed your name as a sledge to us after our discussion about the EFL umpire uniforms, saw this guy with the exact same profile picture vote in one of the FIRA games.
Cute you think I could care that much, cobber.

About bloody time. Cripps is a good choice for the cover, but St Kilda is a bit of a random choice would have thought Collingwood might fit better on there but oh well just happy the game is finally coming out and not canned.

89706470_2799946540093774_7397847662873018368_o.png

About bloody time. Cripps is a good choice for the cover, but St Kilda is a bit of a random choice would have thought Collingwood might fit better on there but oh well just happy the game is finally coming out and not canned.

I find myself so apathetic to AFL games these days. I know that end of the day they don’t have the resources behind them to put together a FIFA or NBA2K, but after playing Live, Live 2 and Evolution, I just don’t find them that enjoyable.

I find myself so apathetic to AFL games these days. I know that end of the day they don’t have the resources behind them to put together a FIFA or NBA2K, but after playing Live, Live 2 and Evolution, I just don’t find them that enjoyable.
I think the main issue is replay-ability. Adding the MyPlayer mode, whilst quite bare bones, was pretty cool. But once you get to the AFL there's really no reason to keep playing and grinding out the games. Even transitioning to a Coach isn't that special because you can finish bottom 4 in the VFL and still get an offer from an AFL side.
Team Editor is what makes games like 2K fun for me, being able to make your own league or add new expansion sides etc. But the AFL Evo Team Factory was just pathetic which led me to slowly lose interest after coaching Collingwood to a 6-peat on the franchise mode.

While I think the addition of an Ultimate Team-like mode would increase the replayability, it will probably turn the game to s**t with micro transactions like with Madden and Fifa.

I think the main issue is replay-ability. Adding the MyPlayer mode, whilst quite bare bones, was pretty cool. But once you get to the AFL there's really no reason to keep playing and grinding out the games. Even transitioning to a Coach isn't that special because you can finish bottom 4 in the VFL and still get an offer from an AFL side.
Team Editor is what makes games like 2K fun for me, being able to make your own league or add new expansion sides etc. But the AFL Evo Team Factory was just pathetic which led me to slowly lose interest after coaching Collingwood to a 6-peat on the franchise mode.

While I think the addition of an Ultimate Team-like mode would increase the replayability, it will probably turn the game to s**t with micro transactions like with Madden and Fifa.

Any and all sporting games should strive to have something like NBA2K’s MyLeague with the full customisation suite. That’s what creates replay factor for sports games, without having to resort to micro transactions.

But even then the gameplay of the AFL games has been lacklustre (IMO) since around 2007.

too bad the stores won't be open to sell it.

Any and all sporting games should strive to have something like NBA2K’s MyLeague with the full customisation suite. That’s what creates replay factor for sports games, without having to resort to micro transactions.

But even then the gameplay of the AFL games has been lacklustre (IMO) since around 2007.
AFL Premiership 2007 was half my childhood, was too young to play AFL Live 2004 and the earlier games. I played a PC ROM of it recently and the controls are just so smooth and was easy to understand after about 5 mins of playing. Even though there was no team creator, the customisation in terms of guernseys was incredible. I remember for every Collingwood game just switching it to the swooping magpie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Premiership 2007 was half my childhood, was too young to play AFL Live 2004 and the earlier games. I played a PC ROM of it recently and the controls are just so smooth and was easy to understand after about 5 mins of playing. Even though there was no team creator, the customisation in terms of guernseys was incredible. I remember for every Collingwood game just switching it to the swooping magpie.

Still annoyed Mero dogged us by not including the Ochre. ;)

Their marketing is very casual-focused, which shows in the gameplay and implementation of features. For the time being I really just enjoy the games for what they are, arcadey style of fun to play with mates when they're over (easily exploitable game mechanics make this even better). Really all I can hope for is a somewhat-detailed coach mode with some team management things to do and relatively fluid gameplay experience, of course I expect to me let down on this part.

Was originally not interested in this at all because they all tend to have really repetitive gameplay and are packed full of glitches, but now after seeing this on the AFL evo 2 listing on the EB website, they have got my attention, hope its really well done and not a handful of designs in a handful of colourways.
Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 7.53.00 pm.png

Was originally not interested in this at all because they all tend to have really repetitive gameplay and are packed full of glitches, but now after seeing this on the AFL evo 2 listing on the EB website, they have got my attention, hope its really well done and not a handful of designs in a handful of colourways.
View attachment 839018
Hype

CCRC benefits from global pandemic
13/03/2020 9:58pm

The CCRC (Cross-Code Rugby Championship) has today announced a naming rights partner for the upcoming season. Global pharmaceuticals brand Bayer has signed on in a deal to promote the responsible and effective use of medicines across the world. The CCRC organisers have stated that this partnership would not have been possible if not for the current situation that the world is facing and that a partnership like this would be beneficial for both parties.

The new partnership will see Bayer's logo feature on the competition logo as well as the conference logos, with the latter also having changes made to the two conference logo colours to reflect those of Bayer. Though the conference logos have not been shown, it is believed that the Northern Conferences logo will have a slightly altered green to match the upper section of the Bayer logo, while the Southern Conferences logo will have the Ochre replaced with Bayers light blue.

The new CCRC logo can be seen below.

OGUOIpJ.png

In related news, further details about the former Border Reivers has leaked, with the following colour swatches appearing.

Mj1K5N8.png

Sources say that the Blue and Gold will feature heavily on the new clubs logo (possibly being the only two colours), with the purple appearing only on the kits. No other details have been leaked, but sources do believe that the colours could refer to the club deciding on a patriotic Scottish look, meaning that they may end up being based in a Scottish city over an English one. Hopefully more information will become available soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back