Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this so called convention a bit like all those people tried to lick their elbows...never actually happened?

It's exactly like that.

I tried to lick my elbows.

I'll give that a go. Maybe I can change my INFJ personality
Believe it or not I'm an INTJ. I'm sure the J is obvious but the others... not so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.16personalities.com/infj-personality
INFJ PERSONALITY (“THE ADVOCATE”)
The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact
[\quote]

I think that it's not a bad thing to do honestly, it can help you understand yourself a little more. Being an INFJ, it helped me handle myself a little better.

It's not a perfect science but it's not a bad tool to use.
I'm pretty sure some employers use that test as well to figure out teams that should work well together. I can't really use the last two to tell me much about how to self-regulate because they change frequently (especially the second last one), but the first two yeah. I don't think people really understand what it means to be introverted, so that test sort of forces you to find out, if it turns out that's what you are :p

I might be working for a warped business (might!) but whenever I've seen that s**t into practice it reveals itself as being utter bollocks. It might work for Americans, who can say?

Just go and have a ******* beer with someone and figure them out that way. srsly

#arcane
#beatyourservants
#bringbackprimogeniture

I might be working for a warped business (might!) but whenever I've seen that s**t into practice it reveals itself as being utter bollocks. It might work for Americans, who can say?

Just go and have a ******* beer with someone and figure them out that way. srsly

#arcane
#beatyourservants
#bringbackprimogeniture

Having a beer with someone was fine in the 50's when you tell someone that they're fired if they didn't fit in. Sadly, because it's so hard to sack people and their are many laws on dismissal, you would be negligent if you didn't try to find out exactly who you're hiring beforehand. Things like checking their social media accounts and the like can tell you a lot more about who a person is, especially more than you would find out over a few beers in a pub.

It sucks that it's like that now, but it's the reality.

Some people's social media personas are rather different from what the person is like in real life, though.

Correct, but you can get a better idea of who a person is by asking the right questions, doing the right checks, or doing something.

Think about it this way. Would you expect our recruiting team to look into the potential players that they are going to draft or bring into the club? If they came out and said that they went and had a beer with them all and they seemed like good people, would you be satisfied with that?

Some people's social media personas are rather different from what the person is like in real life, though.
This. I'm far from that but it's true.

Still INTJ, very close with all of them however.

Current workplace = who the hell hired this bunch?

It's hard to get a team that works well together.

One place that I worked at, I was on a committee of 3 people to hire a person. We found a great candidate but two of the three didn't want to hire them because they wanted to protect their current and potential future in the company.

There are flaws and issues with any hiring system but there are some useful tools to use to give you the best chance at getting the right fit for what you're after.

That being said, I find the personality test has been more beneficial to me on a personal level, which I guess has helped me in other areas in life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back