Random Discussion - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol we're not having a party every year. His next one will be when he starts primary school.

The party is in the park and the kids are mostly too little for games. The older ones will be up at the playground, but it's just a bit too far from the shelter for the little kids to go there unless all the adults go up there too, hence the need for entertainment for the littlies. The items I'm looking at are under $50 each, and we'll put them in Jnr's playroom for him to use before and after his party.
How will Dad cope with that news?

Which is a better combo for a first birthday party:

A small jumping castle and a separate ball pit
A ball bit and a tunnel + tent combo for crawling through and hiding
A small jumping castle and a tunnel + tent combo

Kids will range in ages from 9 months up to 12, but there's also a playground nearby for the bigger kids, so just aiming to entertain the toddlers

A small jumping castle and a tunnel + tent combo.

To all the Dad's out there, Happy Fathers Day, I hope your all having a ripper of a day and having some cake. Jabba73

My oldest is on deployment in the Middle East this Fathers Day.
He’s 6.1 and built like a brick shithouse, trained for 10 years to do what he does. Yet he’s still my boy. I’ve missed him today.
Unluckily, I’ve still got his 20 year old brother at home that has shitted me enough today for both of them.
Dammed if you do, dammed if you dont !!!!

To all the Dad's out there, Happy Fathers Day, I hope your all having a ripper of a day and having some cake. Jabba73
Everyone who wants cake should get some today, hope you got some too.

He’s 6.1 and built like a brick shithouse, trained for 10 years to do what he does. Yet he’s still my boy. I’ve missed him today.
Unluckily, I’ve still got his 20 year old brother at home that has shitted me enough today for both of them.

Feel for you once. Can they somehow come together as brothers .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Family is the best! As an ex serviceman I hope your eldest gets back to you safely mate! He's a champ your boy.

I watched my son kick a goal to seal a draw in an U15 Elimination Final, we went on to win! Then dinner with my wife 's family listening to Barry Manilow and Neil Diamond with Vera Lynn:eek:

Family is the best! As an ex serviceman I hope your eldest gets back to you safely mate! He's a champ your boy.

I watched my son kick a goal to seal a draw in an U15 Elimination Final, we went on to win! Then dinner with my wife 's family listening to Barry Manilow and Neil Diamond with Vera Lynn:eek:

Thanks mate.
I was lucky enough to visit both my father-in-law and my dad today. They are both getting on a bit now which makes it all the more special.
Family are the most important thing in the world.
You must have been bursting with pride to see your young bloke put that goal through. I couldn’t but help riding every bump, tackle, goal, win & defeat when mine were playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Sure did. Was worth it. We had really good seats. Was just behind the tables.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Amazes me how many people look at this as a "sport" $1500. FFS it's dog fighting but substituted with Humans and is already the next concussion epidemic. It's a sideshow like WWE but with consequences and idiots that pay $1500 a ticket are keeping a flame lit for more MMA related deaths. We will start to see the real effect this side show has on participants within the next decade.

are the health consequences the reason you don't approve, jonesy?
Not only. Lack of discipline and a level of violence that isn't necessary on a sports channel.
Don't get me wrong, the fighters need to be elite trainers to be successful but the concept is wrong.
MMA -- Mixed Martial Arts
Martial arts are codified systems and traditions of combat practices, which are practiced for a number of reasons: as self-defense, military and law enforcement applications, mental and spiritual development; as well as entertainment and the preservation of a nation's intangible cultural heritage.
How can any number of Martial Arts be mixed without loosing discipline? How can you introduce a young man/woman into something that has removed so many rules in what is acceptable conduct in any one discipline and expect them to be better for it.
I suffered with control issues as a teenager and the control I learnt through three different disciplines wouldn't be with me if I had have walked into an MMA Gym.
All my personal opinion, but I hold it strongly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back