Random Discussion - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUEBELLE, WILL YOU MARRY ME?

Oops, that already happened last night! Yes peeps! OES asked me to marry him and I said yes!!! :D
Congratulations!!!

Interesting days after the budget. Controversial random drug testing of welfare recipients. The randomness will be determined by 'data from sewerage testing':microscope::pileofpoop::straining:
The money that's going to be spent on this exercise will mean by the time they restrict certain peoples payments we wont actually save anything.

Pointless exercise is pointless

I'm wondering how many posters we have here who have simpsons references for their user names.

FlowersByIrene
Sector7G
Happydude
Mr PLow etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-29/rba-governor-philip-lowe-goes-marxist/8662228

If you work and have ten minutes you should read this informative article linking low wage growth to the industrial relations legislation (landscape) currently operating in Australia.

I retired from the Australian Public Service in February of this year. Due to the hardline bargaining framework set by the Government I had not received a pay rise since 1/7/13. The Coalition government decided to attack all aspects of our work arrangements knowing employees would not accept it. It was a deliberate tactic to delay agreements which nominally expired on 30/6/14 (I say agreements because each agency has its own EBA). The Government also slipped into the rules that back pay was not allowed. A tactic designed to starve us into submission.

It's worked with a number of departments (ATO, Defence, CSIRO etc) recently endorsing new agreements. The ballot process required for approval has resulted in several votes before it was agree to. Agriculture finally approved its EBA on the fifth ballot. Some agencies are still holding out such as Immigration and Border Patrol and DHS (responsible for Centrelink, Child Support and Medicare).

Effectively around 100,000 public servants have been holding out. All that was required from the other side were conditions left largely untouched and a fair pay rise. Conditions have been retained (however without back pay) government employees have agreed to 1% pay rise over a six year period. MPs, Department heads and senior
Staff have not imposed the same restrictions on themselves.

So what can you do about it? Join a union would be a starting point. There is strength in numbers.

What else needs to happen? Workplace laws need to be fixed. Employers have too much power under the current legislation. The body administering industrial legislation, the Fair Work Commission, fail to police breaches properly. That's why people like 7-11 workers get ripped off.

I could wax lyrical about the difficulty in taking industrial etc but take it from an old guy that things will only get worse if you don't take action.

Hey Robbo will you get another greyhound ?
My first one was like a child to me. I still tear up if I think too much about it. However I regularly visit the Greyhound Adoption website, go all soft when I see one in the street and think, dogs in general, keep you sane. So the answer is yes.

My first one was like a child to me. I still tear up if I think too much about it. However I regularly visit the Greyhound Adoption website, go all soft when I see one in the street and think, dogs in general, keep you sane. So the answer is yes.

I tear up,when I think of my old gal, she was 6 when we got her the same for me I tear up at a photo, she was so beautiful those big brown eyes !! So gentle ... I look on the greyhound site too...it's been two years, I will one day

IMG_0513.jpg
I nearly choked on my weeties when I saw this morning.

Michaelia Cash, Minister for Women, Workplace Relations and Minister for the Australian Public Service (assisting the PM). As the Minister for Women she supported the decision not to include domestic violence leave provisions in public service agreements. As Minister for Workplace Relations she was all gung-ho for the re-establishment of the Building Control Commission but hasnt found time to protect workers from getting ripped off by 7-11 etc. As Minister for the APS she has ensured that no federal public servant has negotiated an agreement close to fair while receiving pay rises subject to little scrutiny.

If Carlton does this again I will microwave my membership card.

View attachment 387818
I nearly choked on my weeties when I saw this morning.

Michaelia Cash, Minister for Women, Workplace Relations and Minister for the Australian Public Service (assisting the PM). As the Minister for Women she supported the decision not to include domestic violence leave provisions in public service agreements. As Minister for Workplace Relations she was all gung-ho for the re-establishment of the Building Control Commission but hasnt found time to protect workers from getting ripped off by 7-11 etc. As Minister for the APS she has ensured that no federal public servant has negotiated an agreement close to fair while receiving pay rises subject to little scrutiny.

If Carlton does this again I will microwave my membership card.
What was she doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back