Multiplat Rayman Legends

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 23, 2007
Bay 131 @ (Port) Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
There were rumours going around that a new Rayman, in the same vein as Origins was in the works. Good news is the trailer has leaked and an even bigger surprise is its for the Wii U version. Being removed on youtube by Ubisoft but this link still works for those interested. Origins is a very underrated game and this'll be a day 1 buy for sure :thumbsu:

http://www.gamekult.com/actu/rayman-legends-premiere-video-wii-u-A101141.html

Couple of low res screen caps from above video

326459.jpg

326455.png

1262383997657.jpg

rayman origins is ridiculously good! no doubt this will be a ripper too.

i've only played about 5-10 hours of ps3 over the past month or so and the majority has been on rayman.

epic game with some of the most amazing graphics i've ever seen.

tremendous value for money also :thumbsu:

There were rumours going around that a new Rayman, in the same vein as Origins was in the works. Good news is the trailer has leaked and an even bigger surprise is its for the Wii U version. Being removed on youtube by Ubisoft but this link still works for those interested. Origins is a very underrated game and this'll be a day 1 buy for sure :thumbsu:
Underrated is probably not the right word. Everyone I know that's played it has loved it, just that there's not that many out there that either know about it or have played it because it was given the worst possible release window and minimal advertising.

I don't know what to think of this. It's coming out so fast after Origins that it could be a rush job and therefore not half the product that Origins is.

That said, I'll keep an eye on it.

Yet to play Origins myself, have it on the pile next up after Darkness 2 though, so should be playing it within a month or two depending on the amount of time I put into Max Payne 3 as well.

Official comment from Ubi about the leaked footage.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2012/04/27/ubisoft-confirms-rayman-legends-development/
"An internal video showing images of Rayman Origins’ sequel has leaked over the Internet,” said the firm. “This video was intended as a purely internal demonstrative video, and in NO way represents the final game, the final console or their features."
Seems it MAY not be real, could be CGI render of what they want to achieve with the Wii U and a sequel...or it is real footage and they're just trying to lie to us all.

Forgot to mention in my first post about the 'Skylanders'-esque character interaction with the tablet that they showed off. I know Nintendo already said that there'd be this sort of thing potentially happen, but it'd be interesting to see how, for example it'd work for a game like Rayman.

Would there be any real tangible effect to having a Rabbid, or even Ezio or any other Ubi character in the game? Or is it just fluff. And how does that stuff get dolled out to the crowd? Do we have to buy game specific toys? Or do you get them free with the game (BWAHAHAHA!)?

Since there's no Rayman Origins thread, I'm hijacking this one for now until Legends talk can be done.

So I finally got around to playing Origins, am now around about 3/4's of the way through it (cleared out all of the main worlds, now onto the last of each that pops up).

Before today I'd have rated the game as good, but nothing special, if not a little overrated by those who have played it. But these latest levels are absolutely outstanding. It kind of makes me wonder why the whole game hasn't been like these latter levels? There's far more speed, far more variety and just overall a heap more fun.

The game reminds me a heap of the old Sega platformers. A little bit of Sonic, a little bit of Aladdin and a lot of Lion King. The treasure levels are very Sonic, in that you just have to keep moving and everything can look like a wonderful rhythm of events when you pull it off perfectly. The rest of the game is real Lion King, the vibrancy in the look of the levels (this and Journey probably the 2 best looking games going around right now) as well as the style of the platforming, it's just all very similar to what I remember from The Lion King back on Sega (whatever system - didn't own one so I don't remember - genesis? mega system? ****ed if I know).

Although on the Pirates Treasure map I'm getting this glitch that it would seem a heap have been and it's incredibly frustrating that not only there's been no fix for it (no patch:(), but I just can't seem to get past it at all because it's glitching. I've tried playing it about 30+ times now under various circumstances but nothing is working (the end 15 seconds or so).

But apart from that, very much starting to really enjoy these latter levels, only wish they started a lot earlier.

Although on the Pirates Treasure map I'm getting this glitch that it would seem a heap have been and it's incredibly frustrating that not only there's been no fix for it (no patch:(), but I just can't seem to get past it at all because it's glitching. I've tried playing it about 30+ times now under various circumstances but nothing is working (the end 15 seconds or so).

But apart from that, very much starting to really enjoy these latter levels, only wish they started a lot earlier.

Didn't encounter that glitch at all :confused: oh well, should have the platinum trophy in a few days, just making my way through the levels again, picking up the speed trophies, electoons and relics (vita exclusive) then ill get back on to the ps3 one and plat that too :thumbsu:

If you like a challenge, play the level you unlock for beating all the treasure chest levels.........was ready to throw the vita across the room by the end of it

Has become one of my favourite games of this gen, art style is ******* brilliant.

Didn't encounter that glitch at all :confused: oh well, should have the platinum trophy in a few days, just making my way through the levels again, picking up the speed trophies, electoons and relics (vita exclusive) then ill get back on to the ps3 one and plat that too :thumbsu:

If you like a challenge, play the level you unlock for beating all the treasure chest levels.........was ready to throw the vita across the room by the end of it

Has become one of my favourite games of this gen, art style is ******* brilliant.
With the glitch I don't think I'll get the chance.:(

With the glitch I don't think I'll get the chance.:(

Watched that part of the video a few times now, dunno, it looks like rayman is going too slow, i swear i was jumping off the walls a lot faster when i did it, i'll replay it again tonight and compare.

Watched that part of the video a few times now, dunno, it looks like rayman is going too slow, i swear i was jumping off the walls a lot faster when i did it, i'll replay it again tonight and compare.
I get the exact same thing every time (it's not my vid btw), I literally could not do the level any faster but it plays out the exact same every time. The wall just doesn't come down when it should. There's PLENTY of people in the comments and everywhere else that have mentioned the issue too, so it's not a case of just being slow.

Compare it to a non-glitched playthrough:

And you can see it's just that the wall falls when the treasure chest falls down the wall again. You can tell the issue because the chest just ambles to the right once the wall falls down in the non-glitched one but in the glitched one he's at the end as soon as the wall has fallen.

Shitttttting me up the wall!

i actually got that glitch too.
i couldn't understand what was going wrong as i felt i was clicking jump instantly as soon as touching the wall but literally nothing was working on my 20+ attempts.

like you, i checked if there was a glitch/problem and sure enough there was.
can't exactly remember what i did to break the glitch but i got it working in the end and beat the level.

i know i tried resetting the system and turned it off etc.. but i can't remember what it was exactly that clicked it over. just remember first attempt it jumped up the wall like normal easy as.
it sure was a relief when i passed it though!

despite that stupid glitch the treasure chases are easily my fav levels on the game.

Finished Origins AND somehow fixed the glitch! Got one more treasure chest left to get and it's in the final level, might have a few more pink things to get in order to get the level unlocked.

How do you not get a trophy for watching the credits in whole? LONGEST.CREDITS.EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR! HOLY s**t!

Pretty damn hard ending to the game, had a lot of troubles in the last world, those robots are tough as s**t to kill. Also doesn't help when you're trying to get as many electoons as possible so deliberately die if missing one big coin worth.

Very enjoyable game in the end. The first half-3 quarters of the game were only a little above average platformer fare, but then they kicked it up a notch, the 60fps was made worth it with some real fast pace sequences. And the level where you go inside a monster, not only is it the best looking level of the game imo, but it plays the best too.

Also, thumbs up for the trololol song.:D:thumbsu:

If you like a challenge, play the level you unlock for beating all the treasure chest levels.........was ready to throw the vita across the room by the end of it.
YES, YES AND AGAIN ******* YES!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm about 4 parts through it right now and I want to stop because it's late, but I know I won't have the patience to go through all the s**t of the first 4 parts again another night!

Easily one of the hardest levels in the history of gaming. Up there with Battletoads!

* YOU RAYMAN!

(20 mins later) EDIT: DID IT! YOU BASTARD OF A LEVEL! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

YES, YES AND AGAIN ******* YES!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm about 4 parts through it right now and I want to stop because it's late, but I know I won't have the patience to go through all the s**t of the first 4 parts again another night!

Easily one of the hardest levels in the history of gaming. Up there with Battletoads!

**** YOU RAYMAN!

(20 mins later) EDIT: DID IT! YOU BASTARD OF A LEVEL! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

HAHAHA i was exactly the same, needed to go to bed for work the next day but there was no way i was re-doing all those parts again so had to stay up till i finished it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the discrepancy in Origins trophies? Are there some that are touch control based that are fluff trophies?

Only 37 trophies in the PS3 version, to 40 in Vita.

What's the discrepancy in Origins trophies? Are there some that are touch control based that are fluff trophies?

Only 37 trophies in the PS3 version, to 40 in Vita.

yeah you have relics hidden in each level that you use the touch screen to find, another is to burst enemies using touch (50 i think) and another to burst item bubbles using touch (50 too i reckon)

This will be the next game I play after I'm done with ME3. Haven't played something like this in a pretty long time

This game is... AWESOME!!!

Up to world 6 or 7 and loving every minute of it. I wish there were more games like this. Pirate's treasure level was great. Love those types of levels that need perfect timing to get through

Hats off to you again HBK, camo..

This game is... AWESOME!!!

Up to world 6 or 7 and loving every minute of it. I wish there were more games like this. Pirate's treasure level was great. Love those types of levels that need perfect timing to get through

Hats off to you again HBK, camo..
Is your PSN Sir_Ingram as well? It's Cyrax_kBm here, we used to play CoD4 alot together!

Yep, that's me. You were quite the player, I remember us pulling our team across the line in domination time after time! Ahhhh those were the days. Easily easily my favourite ps3 game/online game ever. Take me back to November '07

Remove this Banner Ad

Back