Game Day Rd 10 - Crows v Pups - our neverending regional cesspit tour continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Ballarat looks like an awesome deck. I agree that it should be vic teams playing there, but unfair to call the place a cesspit. Half of Adelaide metro would be worse.

One part exaggeration for effect due to it being an away game mixed with two parts I live here so it's my prerogative mixed with three parts why do we need to travel to Launceston, Ballarat and Kardinia all in the one year - won't someone think of our Victorian memberships?!?!

11 degrees, hard wet ball, 25km/hr south westerly winds....

Sounds like a great day for tall forwards LOL.

Crows by whatever score Pedlar kicks!

Bulldogs like flicking the ball around by hand, will be difficult in this weather, umps better be on for throws.

We like passing, again will be difficult if it’s wet. Just need to get the ball forward as often as we can. Their intercept marking will be restricted too. This game Id leave Rankine, Rachelle and Pedlar up forward as much as possible to crumb goals.

One part exaggeration for effect due to it being an away game mixed with two parts I live here so it's my prerogative mixed with three parts why do we need to travel to Launceston, Ballarat and Kardinia all in the one year - won't someone think of our Victorian memberships?!?!

Fair enough then, call your own town whatever you like. Kardinia doesn't bother me, but it $shits me greatly that interstate sides travel to Tassie and regional Vic. Shoukd be vic sides only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson vs Bont should be a great matchup to watch

Crows by 5

It's been a journey with Dawson

Phase 1 - pre having played with us - Dawson doesn't move like a stoppage mid, reckon he'll fail in there, but it's worth a try. We paid about the right price given his career so far.
Phase 2 - first few games - looks like stoppage not his bag, should persist longer though, but definitely better on the outside. We paid about the right price.
Phase 3 - half a season - OMG can't believe we got this guy so cheap, needs more wing time though.
Phase 4 - end of season/preseason - still not convinced he'll make it, but there's something in the way he moves that reminds me of Bont, need to get him in the middle again just to rule that out and then play him on a wing.
Phase 5 - Port game - gun midfielder, hard at it, but unlikely to get Bontish, but definite A grade potential.
Current phase - we could have a developing Bont on our hands.

Still, did love his one on one contesting deep in defence and it's not easy letting that go. Good back pockets don't come along often.

We’ve shown we can play well at home this year. The same can’t be said when playing away. No Tex also.

Win this game and this will be the statement that we’re dead set serious.

Don't expect to win this.

But do expect to be competitive.

I know I am an outlier, but I love watching wet weather Footy. Just love the warfare of such games.

Loved last night's game, and if we can bring the same mentality Port did, we are a chance.

Just feel the Doggies will be good in such conditions.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't expect to win this.

But do expect to be competitive.

I know I am an outlier, but I love watching wet weather Footy. Just love the warfare of such games.

Loved last night's game, and if we can bring the same mentality Port did, we are a chance.

Just feel the Doggies will be good in such conditions.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dogs played poorly in the same conditions in Gather Round.

Bulldogs like flicking the ball around by hand, will be difficult in this weather, umps better be on for throws.

We like passing, again will be difficult if it’s wet. Just need to get the ball forward as often as we can. Their intercept marking will be restricted too. This game Id leave Rankine, Rachelle and Pedlar up forward as much as possible to crumb goals.
Oliver got pinged a few times for throwing last night so hopefully it’s rule of the week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back