Autopsy Rd 8 Carlton v Port Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been thinking that a bit myself too, however the couple of differences I think Carrazzo had back then that Lucas hasn't quite developed was an ability to win clearances and the ability to perform a run-with role. I think considering MM has spoken about players needing to perform multiple roles in the team Lucas desperately needs to add more elements to his game. I have to say I'm surprised that based on his goal kicking form preseason that he hasn't been utilized up forward now that Betts and Yarran are out for a period and then that perhaps might free up the outside wing role to give back to Simmo to help him find some form and confidence.
They are two completely different types of players. Lucas is a much more outside player while Carrots is definitely a more inside/tagging style of player. But yeah, way back when... Carrazzo would definitely rush himself while under no pressure and sell his team mates into trouble. Then he got a whole bunch of games under his belt and has developed into the nice composed player we are seeing today.

I wonder if the guys are Geelong who delisted him are still kicking themselves for letting him go!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back