Prediction Rd 8 Changes v Tigs Away

Remove this Banner Ad

We just got beaten by one of the worst teams in history a couple of weeks ago and posters are talking about resting players lol, as someone mentioned earlier we haven’t banked enough wins to start resting players.
The club literally said before the season that we will manage Fyfe

If we don't rest him at some point then he will breakdown, we all know it, why make such a terrible mistake?

If we don't rest him at some point then he will breakdown, we all know it, why make such a terrible mistake?
He’s just had his best preseason we are 7 games in, are you confident we would beat Richmond without him or without any of our better players cos i’m not this club is prone to losing games they shouldn’t as we’ve witnessed already, if they need to they can sub him off when the game is in the bag if they have to.

Unfortunately we can’t at one of our few games at the G, needs our B23 to get a feel for it if we’re serious about playing finals later in the year. I’d be all for Brodie as sub and subbing Fyfe out midway through the 3rd quarter.
Personally think Davies has to come in for Draper if we’re going to need him for the Swans game (if the two weeks for Draper is correct)

Really want Davies in, I feel like it's a perfect chance to get a good look at both of our next-in-line KPDs before the cavalry (hopefully) arrives for finals.

I'd give Amiss another week off, as well. He's our most valuable asset for the next ten years, just give him the extra week.

Really want Davies in, I feel like it's a perfect chance to get a good look at both of our next-in-line KPDs before the cavalry (hopefully) arrives for finals.

I'd give Amiss another week off, as well. He's our most valuable asset for the next ten years, just give him the extra week.
Don’t agree with the talk about Amiss having another week.
He was all good Monday after the derby. If he fails the concussion protocols test after training Wednesday, then yes he’s rested. A week off is enough to freshen up his body and mind.
Give him a run at the MCG to get him cherry ripe for the Sydney game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This should be a bannable offense

2020 was the worst year of football by an absolute country mile.

It turned the game into a steaming pile of s**t.

Please never suggest that again.
I wonder why 2020 was bad for footy? Must have been the shorter quarters - that’s definitely what stopped me from attending.

Fyfe just had his best game in years and is getting appreciably better week to week. Be a brave man or woman to tell him to sit one or two out, especially when the team really needs him right now. Form is fickle and momentum needs to be nurtured. A better idea might be to give him more support, say, in the form of playing a stoppage beast like Will Brodie so Fyfe doesn't have to be in the trenches all the time.

Tough decisions this week. Great problem to have.

Draper out and Amiss in. Simple. The smaller height of Richmond means Chappy, Pearce and Ryan down back should be enough height.

Switta unlucky but that’s the way it goes when you get injured. He needs to belt the door down at peel to win his spot back.

Need to keep the team consistent as often as we can. Both Voss and Cooper definitely deserve to hold their spots and what a reward to play at the G in front of their families
this is a weird situation for us.

if this was 2012-15, we would be begging for more forwards outisde of Pavlich, Mayne , walters and Ballantyne.

This season, yeah we are a medium scoring side kicking 12 or 13 or 14 goals a game on a good day.

We can have a minor injury on a forward but still have a semi decent structure.

I love Taberner and yes I know he is sadly cooked. But at one point from 2017-2021, he was our great hope up forward.

Luke Jackson, Jye amiss and Josh Tracey are our 3 main talls, losing one to injury and theres still some versatility up forward.

Walters is almost finished, but Switkowski, Emmett and Frederick are handy up forward.

I still hold some faint hope Sam Sturt has a future here

not sure draper is a guarnteed out, daniels tweeted he was subbed out for a 'tight' hammy and JLO says its nothing serious in the presser, going up against an undermanned tigers forwardline regardless though so shouldnt be too much of an issue either way.

theyre also without like 3 of their top mids, should be another smashing from serong and co should give us a good opportunity at putting up a good score and hopefully impress baker

freo by 6-8 goals i reckon. could be a big day for treacy
I wish I was as confident as you. If dockers beat the tigers in the MCG by 6-8 goals, We are likely to make finals.

I think of certain teams. There are certain teams we have beaten away never thrashed these sides at their home turf.

We have beaten the crows a few times at the old Footy park from 2004-13. Those years were 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011 and 2013. I wasnt at 2004, but I was there in all the other wins vs the crows.

2007 and 2011 were won by under the coaching of Mark Harvey, both were 25 point wins.

Dockers have won 3 games vs the crows in Adelaide oval. 2015, 2021 and 2022. And yes I was at all 3 of those games.

Now for Richmond....

Dockers have never smashed the Tigers in victoria.

We have beaten them once in docklands by a point in 2000.

We have beaten them in the MCG a few times.

Beaten them in 2004 by 10 points. I remember this game. came from 39 points down in the 2nd quarter (tigers lead 48 to 9 late in the 2nd) Freo won 81-71.

Next win over Richmond was in 2012, We won by 12 points 78-66. that was famous one at the MCG where Ballantyne scored a late goal to seal it and lead 78-65.

next one was 2014. We won that game 16.9.105 to 12.13.85. Lead by 40 points at one part of the game. Hayden Ballantyne probably had his best game in this match, 6 goals and 1 behind. Ballantyne ended up having his best season in 2014, kicking 49 goals and his only All Australian selection.

next one was 2015, Mundy with that match winning goal after the siren. Freo won 82-78.

then the next one in 2017, Mundy Again angers the Richmond fans as he... Yep you guessed it, scores another set shot goal after the siren. Freo won 72-70.

we also had that famous draw vs richmond at docklands in 2022. That was Hayden youngs break out game with 31 disposals

We just got beaten by one of the worst teams in history a couple of weeks ago and posters are talking about resting players lol, as someone mentioned earlier we haven’t banked enough wins to start resting players.
Agreed.

I am not underestimating any club. We lost to west coast and nearly had North Melbourne beat us.

I don't care if Richmond are struggling, they are always a chance with Dustin Martin and Shai Bolton in the side.

I will happy to just take the win. If we beat the tigers like the dogs last week I am fine.

Take the 2-4 goal win or a 10-25 point win and move on.

And no injuries too

Agreed.

I am not underestimating any club. We lost to west coast and nearly had North Melbourne beat us.

I don't care if Richmond are struggling, they are always a chance with Dustin Martin and Shai Bolton in the side.

I will happy to just take the win. If we beat the tigers like the dogs last week I am fine.

Take the 2-4 goal win or a 10-25 point win and move on.

And no injuries too
We absolutely must win this week, backs against the wall when we play Sydney anyway, we could rest players this week and still lose next week. Play our best players please and bank the 4 points, if anyone is sore, rest them next week.

We absolutely must win this week, backs against the wall when we play Sydney anyway, we could rest players this week and still lose next week. Play our best players please and bank the 4 points, if anyone is sore, rest them next week.
I would hesitate to rest Fyfe this week, just for the sake of his form. Would love to keep that uninterrupted. However, the decision to rest/not rest is best made on the physiological data and evidence.

We should be backing the system in to win games. Not individuals (although obviously individuals impact the quality levels within the system).

The upside to "resting" is you spread opportunity. You might find that player who's been starved of it might just play out of their skin too.

Plus there's always a chance that we have to run the team with an enforced absence at some point. The resting might just help preview that so it's less disruptive.

I would hesitate to rest Fyfe this week, just for the sake of his form. Would love to keep that uninterrupted. However, the decision to rest/not rest is best made on the physiological data and evidence.

We should be backing the system in to win games. Not individuals (although obviously individuals impact the quality levels within the system).

The upside to "resting" is you spread opportunity. You might find that player who's been starved of it might just play out of their skin too.

Plus there's always a chance that we have to run the team with an enforced absence at some point. The resting might just help preview that so it's less disruptive.
It will be a massive task. If Fyfe and Serong repeat their 37 disposals games like last week, we are likely to win.

Amiss is tempting to bring back.

But I liked freos forward line mixing well last week.

I think we can hold Richmond down to 9 or 10 goals and Freo can kick 13 or 14 goals again!

It will be a massive task. If Fyfe and Serong repeat their 37 disposals games like last week, we are likely to win.

Amiss is tempting to bring back.

But I liked freos forward line mixing well last week.

I think we can hold Richmond down to 9 or 10 goals and Freo can kick 13 or 14 goals again!
If we bring the right amounts of energy and pressure I reckon we've got the talent levels covered this week, even without Fyfe. On the other hand, the chemistry and creativity in ball movement coming out of the middle on Saturday was frothing levels and is something we want to keep and consolidate.

Out: Draper (inj), Fyfe (rest), Walters (rest), Johnson (rest)
In: Davies, Erasmus (or Brodie), Switkowski, Worner

Freo play the Tigers on a Sunday and then have Sydney at home on a Friday. I think our schedule to start this season has to have been one of the most brutal in AFL history. Opening game against a team that's already played one game, 3 away games in a row, a game against a team with 4 days more rest and coming off a bye in the Tigers and a 4 day break against a team currently 2nd on the ladder, all in the first 10 rounds. This game against Richmond would be the best chance to rest a few players so that Freo are not completely buggered against the Swans like they were with WC.

B: Ryan - Pearce - Walker
HB: Aish - Davies - Clark

C: Sharp - Serong - Banfield
Fol: Darcy - Young - Erasmus

HF: Fredrick - Voss - Simpson
F: Emmett - Treacy - Jackson

Int: Brayshaw - Chapman - Switkowski - Worner
Emg: O'Meara

Remove this Banner Ad

Back