RDFNL 2023 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fear of God was put into clubs who went over the cap, and all they got was a slap across the wrist, abers, deer park come to mind.

I guess had afl vic, done what they were going g to say they would, then clubs would have been scared and stuck by the rules, but once you wimp out and clubs knew they weren't going to be punished as bad as they though, the risk is greater for the reward.

I thinkmyoure right, the points is a great equalli g option, but there always seems to be q bit of grey area hovering around it surely they could make it a black and white, and say this is it.

You go over and there is the consequences.

How would you fix the points mad jack? I actually don't know how you would or what you'd need to change.

On SM-T500 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wangaratta Magpies were stripped of their 2022 Premiership by AFL NE Vic and O&M FL due to salary cap breaches so there are consequences when the cap is breached. The problem is proving it, it mostly can't be proven. The Magpies self-reported.

Am guessing there won't be any club self reporting any more.

Have always proposed the points system is the only enforceable measure to help with equalisation but it needs to be simpler, accurate player data needs to maintained and be accessible to clubs.

We had one poster on here go on about points and salary cap because Wallan recruited the Stewart boys, yet Riddell has ripped the heart out of Rupo and not a bo peep.
Reckon that’s a bit of a cop out for rupo. From what I’m hearing from around town that certain members of rupo ripped it apart themselves. Riddell have been the beneficiaries of Rupo’s downfall no doubt and it’s never nice seeing a club have a mass exodus. It may take a few years and lots of hard work but rupo will bounce back, very strong proud club going thru some issues atm.

Reckon that’s a bit of a cop out for rupo. From what I’m hearing from around town that certain members of rupo ripped it apart themselves. Riddell have been the beneficiaries of Rupo’s downfall no doubt and it’s never nice seeing a club have a mass exodus. It may take a few years and lots of hard work but rupo will bounce back, very strong proud club going thru some issues atm.
100%, Rupo own goal on this occasion

100%, Rupo own goal on this occasion

Didn’t say it wasn’t, just not prepared to go any deeper on this forum as to why.

Riddell took advantage of it, so good on them. All those blokes are terrific people, well maybe not Chahine, JK mate, and I look forward to catching up with them next year.

Didn’t say it wasn’t, just not prepared to go any deeper on this forum as to why.

Riddell took advantage of it, so good on them. All those blokes are terrific people, well maybe not Chahine, JK mate, and I look forward to catching up with them next year.
You and your son are back in a good country league, enjoy it. Less money getting thrown around the EDFL, better camaraderie, good relationships between clubs that when the chips are down multiple clubs in the area will help with fundraising which is a huge thing. Enjoy it mate. The standard of footy is not everything, communities looking after and helping one another are the best thing about RDFNL.

You and your son are back in a good country league, enjoy it. Less money getting thrown around the EDFL, better camaraderie, good relationships between clubs that when the chips are down multiple clubs in the area will help with fundraising which is a huge thing. Enjoy it mate. The standard of footy is not everything, communities looking after and helping one another are the best thing about RDFNL.

All good mate. Looking forward to trips to Macedon especially, Woodend, and lunch in the Cafe along the main drag of Romsey. Never been to Kyenton so that will be a nice first.

All good mate. Looking forward to trips to Macedon especially, Woodend, and lunch in the Cafe along the main drag of Romsey. Never been to Kyenton so that will be a nice first.
You will love Kyneton, hopefully the netball facilities and social rooms get there upgrade and it’s the perfect venue for a GF with there historic grandstand, lovely ground, great parking and a ground that can hold a huge crowd.

No one willing to come out and say the President is incompetent ? That’s the main reason!

No one willing to come out and say the President is incompetent ? That’s the main reason!
Rupo spent big $$$ last saeson, club decided weren't going to do that again. Coach jumped ship to Riddell who told him spend the dollar dollar bill yo.... So that's exactly what he's done which have allowed them to bring in some old boy's cashing in their last year or 2 of footy plus a few more who were offered more at Riddell than what they would get anywhere else...
Not having a go at the club or coach, just stating facts and for what it's worth, I reckon good on them....

Rupo spent big $$$ last saeson, club decided weren't going to do that again. Coach jumped ship to Riddell who told him spend the dollar dollar bill yo.... So that's exactly what he's done which have allowed them to bring in some old boy's cashing in their last year or 2 of footy plus a few more who were offered more at Riddell than what they would get anywhere else...
Not having a go at the club or coach, just stating facts and for what it's worth, I reckon good on them....

The players bought the coach. Rupo will never recover from this!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Riddell 100% had 3 players well before the Coach even had an interview. The players convinced the coach to come across not the other way round sorry.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!
Number of teams in the Rdfnl paying way more than Rupertswood. What is alarming for all clubs is that this can happn anywhere. Community footy is pretty volatile at present. You can’t protect against a mass walk out. Contracts aren’t worth the paper they are written on. All clubs need to be protected from this in and across leagues. Then you have the added issue of trying to rebuild within the points system. Who would be a volunteer theses days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When rupo jumped ship to compete with the big boys, they need to spend to win Div 1 and they would be astonished at what they would have to pay to be competitive in premier. Seems like a pipe dream now and if they were to finish last in div 1 it’d be really sad to see. Their last premiership side in RDFL would wipe the floor of 2023 EDFL div1 rupo team.

When rupo jumped ship to compete with the big boys, they need to spend to win Div 1 and they would be astonished at what they would have to pay to be competitive in premier. Seems like a pipe dream now and if they were to finish last in div 1 it’d be really sad to see. Their last premiership side in RDFL would wipe the floor of 2023 EDFL div1 rupo team.

They should never have left..none of the clubs thst have gone in recent times should have

They should never have left..none of the clubs thst have gone in recent times should have

They’ll be back. Same with the Kangaroos. Unless they’re both happy to win div 2 flags and that’s it. Up and down like yo-yo’s. The money they would have to spend in premier (if either ever make it) to be competitive is astonishing and not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They’ll be back. Same with the Kangaroos. Unless they’re both happy to win div 2 flags and that’s it. Up and down like yo-yo’s. The money they would have to spend in premier (if either ever make it) to be competitive is astonishing and not worth it.

Rupo have no money! They can’t even afford new lights. The players haven’t been able to see at training for the past 5+ years. They won’t have a 2s side at all this year. They won’t be around in 3 years.

Rupo have no money! They can’t even afford new lights. The players haven’t been able to see at training for the past 5+ years. They won’t have a 2s side at all this year. They won’t be around in 3 years.

There is massive upgrades coming for rupo. Fairly sure the school and council are going 50/50. Not sure when the works are starting but from the designs I’ve seen it’ll be an amazing venue. Not sure if the lights are included though lol

There is massive upgrades coming for rupo. Fairly sure the school and council are going 50/50. Not sure when the works are starting but from the designs I’ve seen it’ll be an amazing venue. Not sure if the lights are included though lol

Unfortunately for them mate. Only the cricketers will get to see the upgrade. They won’t have a senior side by the time it’s done. Mark my word.

Rupo play on private property which makes funding for lights etc pretty difficult. They actually totally funded all lighting at the ground. Yes, there is no doubt that that they are passed their use by date but the club funds all repairs ( which are regularly required). On top of that every Rupo player was paid in full and from the financial statement I have seen they are doing ok. Don’t think I would be so eager to nail the coffin shut just yet. Might just come back and bite you. Obviously you have a fair gripe with them.

Rupo were a really strong club in the ammos, then when they moved to riddell. Their side in 2018 or 19 was very good or predominantly locals, the arse seems to having out going to the edfl, lack of community feel I'd think is a problem for them
I understand rupo thinking they out grew the RDFL. I just think they went to the wrong league. They should have went to the BFL and play against Sunbury Lions. Now that would have been a rivalry and with the eastern blocks of BFL there isn’t much travelling.

I understand rupo thinking they out grew the RDFL. I just think they went to the wrong league. They should have went to the BFL and play against Sunbury Lions. Now that would have been a rivalry and with the eastern blocks of BFL there isn’t much travelling.
Huge gap between BFL and EDFL div1 though. Plus if you’re going to Sunbury area and you had to choose Sunbury Lions or Rupo facilities it’s chalk & cheese.

Huge gap between BFL and EDFL div1 though. Plus if you’re going to Sunbury area and you had to choose Sunbury Lions or Rupo facilities it’s chalk & cheese.
Yep facilities wise Sunbury is much better but rupo is getting over 5 mil worth of upgrades coming up. I’m pretty certain that rupo’s juniors have been much stronger than lions before they made the jump into EDFL were they used to play against each other in the RDJFNL. No love lost between rupo and the lions. Yes there is a big jump but at the time off a grand final win I think they could have competed in the BFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back