RDFNL 2023 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he is.

Apart from the Stewart's Wallan would, you'd think, have no issue with points.

A player receives a one point deduction for every year of service to a club, even if not consecutive. So Shaun Stewart should be a one point player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A player receives a one point deduction for every year of service to a club, even if not consecutive. So Shaun Stewart should be a one point player.

Cheers, mate. Wasn't sure about the technical stuff like that.

The vote was in favour to look at going to WRFL.

I’m hearing WRFL are not 100% committed to having them in though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I hope things work out for them.
personally would like to see them stay, but if the a majority voted to move and they don’t get accepted what happens then?

I hope things work out for them.
personally would like to see them stay, but if the a majority voted to move and they don’t get accepted what happens then?

They’ll be on the end of some even more serious hammerings if they stay. Lost some of their best players from this year.

They’ll be on the end of some even more serious hammerings if they stay. Lost some of their best players from this year.

They advertised for a coach on socials only a day ago so I would say things are looking pretty average for playing anywhere.

They advertised for a coach on socials only a day ago so I would say things are looking pretty average for playing anywhere.

Jesus they are leaving it a bit late. Money doesn’t seem to be an issue at the rams but getting the personnel? Sounds abit like East Sunbury last year. Let’s hope they can get a side up regardless of what competition they are in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just received an email saying the Rams have been accepted into the WRFL.
Some great people tried to make it work in the RDFL however at the risk of sounding nasty the league goes from 4 byes to two each per club next season. I mean the Rams averaged 125 points per game against last season which ain’t that competitive tbh.

Some great people tried to make it work in the RDFL however at the risk of sounding nasty the league goes from 4 byes to two each per club next season. I mean the Rams averaged 125 points per game against last season which ain’t that competitive tbh.
Will they be competitive in the WRFL Without retaining all of this years list?

Not sure tbh, but ultimately it all starts with playing where ya feel most content and the vote was apparently that they will be more content in the WRFL I guess.

Last edited:
Not sure tbh, but ultimately it all starts with playing where ya feel most content and the vote was apparently that they will be more content in the WRFL I guess.
With kyneton coming in and rams looking like they are leaving, just wondering which established clubs you think the league could look at trying to get over?
IMO:
East Sunbury, never going to get anywhere near premier division, with relegation they might jag one, but they'll be like Craigieburn, a bit of a yo-yo, where does that help their juniors comings in and wanting to stay?

Melton South: from all reports and rumours, a basket case in the Ballarat FNL, hard to recruit, although now they have a respected coach, that might be a little easier, but overall, a local derby against MC would be good, the rams had they stayed would have been enticing and eynesbury when they come in. Gives a bit of a point of difference.

Trentham: could look to come across and keep alive a bit of rivalry with Woodend and kyneton, plus those on that side of the ranges, Macedon, Romsey and Lancefield. I think its a good idea for them, also allows for metro recruiting (not as much travel)

With then giants and hopefully eynesbury in the coming years the future is looking good for the rdfnl.

I think kyneton will be the blueprint for other established clubs, they do well, others might realise the rdfnl is a good option.

On SM-T500 using BigFooty.com mobile app

With kyneton coming in and rams looking like they are leaving, just wondering which established clubs you think the league could look at trying to get over?
IMO:
East Sunbury, never going to get anywhere near premier division, with relegation they might jag one, but they'll be like Craigieburn, a bit of a yo-yo, where does that help their juniors comings in and wanting to stay?

Melton South: from all reports and rumours, a basket case in the Ballarat FNL, hard to recruit, although now they have a respected coach, that might be a little easier, but overall, a local derby against MC would be good, the rams had they stayed would have been enticing and eynesbury when they come in. Gives a bit of a point of difference.

Trentham: could look to come across and keep alive a bit of rivalry with Woodend and kyneton, plus those on that side of the ranges, Macedon, Romsey and Lancefield. I think its a good idea for them, also allows for metro recruiting (not as much travel)

With then giants and hopefully eynesbury in the coming years the future is looking good for the rdfnl.

I think kyneton will be the blueprint for other established clubs, they do well, others might realise the rdfnl is a good option.

On SM-T500 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Trentham would be a good get for this league. they are very competitive in the comp they are in but it’s a much lower standard than RDFL. Wouldn’t take much to turn it right around though, easier to recruit being closer to in distance to the RDFL teams. No more travelling to Dunolly Lexton etc etc

Gisborne Giants are the only team I can see starting within the next five years. Young team, hopefully they have a little bit of money to recruit and I’m sure there will be some players in the region who would rather play teams closer to home than BFL teams. They’ll also have brand new facilities which should entice players to come over

East Sunbury may be able to turn it around in RDFL. I know of players wanting to play for a Sunbury based RDFL team and they’re not to shabby either. But they will have to tough it out in the lowest div again and be on the end of some big hidings. It’s not hard to turn things around in div 2.

Trav Hodgson is a good get for South. But looking at the last few years at Sunbury Lions they weren’t glory days that’s for sure and the BFL is very strong. But they would be okay in RDFL and of course a big rival against centrals. I’m sure the ship would turn around.

Been told if Sunbury Kangas can get a decent amount of netballers like they had this year they would be more than happy to have a chat but probably won’t happen for at least another 5 years anyway. Sunbury needs an RDFL team and who ever goes first I feel will seek rewards and I don’t think Kangas will be in the EDFL forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back