RDFNL 2023 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously….why would any club want to go there? Has it actually worked out for any of the former RDFL clubs that have moved?

Absolutely baffles me why they’d want to. Yes it’s a good standard but that’s only in division 1 and premier. The league is pretty ordinary other wise. Very average facilities at most clubs, crap crowd numbers with no feeling at times with some average supporters to go along with it at times. East, Sunbury Kangas, and Rupo haven’t really proven anything, early days yes but unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Currently the Rams could be described as a netball club that has a football team. If they go to WRFL???

A life member I know quite well has always said the netballers had too much say in how the club was run. Which is the fault of the footballers too for not being involved enoigh

Netball being as successful as it has been which is a credit to the men and women that run attend and play it

Was the main reason they stayed in the rdfl

Also gave the club some form of success to attract people

But I fear this move has come
One year too late

They’ll lose the net ballers due to them playing in a higher comp that clashes with the Wrfl netball comp

And now the footy club could be in trouble

Like I said one too year late

A life member I know quite well has always said the netballers had too much say in how the club was run. Which is the fault of the footballers too for not being involved enoigh

Netball being as successful as it has been which is a credit to the men and women that run attend and play it

Was the main reason they stayed in the rdfl

Also gave the club some form of success to attract people

But I fear this move has come
One year too late

They’ll lose the net ballers due to them playing in a higher comp that clashes with the Wrfl netball comp

And now the footy club could be in trouble

Like I said one too year late
Unfortunately I tend to agree with you, the netballers would 100% want to stay in RDFL.. they get paid at the Rams on Saturdays and paid at their WRFL teams on Fridays.

They need to just bite the bullet IMO and do what is best for the whole club. IMO that is move to WRFL, get some wins, get stronger and try to build a club.

If they don’t hurry up eventually in years to come they won’t have a club due to teams like Aintree and Eynesbury (and any other new clubs that come in that area) over taking them.

Unfortunately I tend to agree with you, the netballers would 100% want to stay in RDFL.. they get paid at the Rams on Saturdays and paid at their WRFL teams on Fridays.

They need to just bite the bullet IMO and do what is best for the whole club. IMO that is move to WRFL, get some wins, get stronger and try to build a club.

If they don’t hurry up eventually in years to come they won’t have a club due to teams like Aintree and Eynesbury (and any other new clubs that come in that area) over taking them.
There is a lot of speculation currently about the club and its future. The vote tonight will be biggest in 24 years with the last one being done back in 1999. When they voted to join the RDFNL.
No doubt the vote outcome will get made available on the social media in the next few days.

There is a lot of speculation currently about the club and its future. The vote tonight will be biggest in 24 years with the last one being done back in 1999. When they voted to join the RDFNL.
No doubt the vote outcome will get made available on the social media in the next few days.

Originally a WRFL club before joining Riddell District were they?

Sproule Rockback coach from last year is coaching Coburg districts under 18s next year in the EDFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Macedon signing/announcing under 19 players from other clubs? They won this year’s gf by 100+ points with about 10 of their Under17 team playing.

Great to see interleague back next year.

Playing southern in mens, womens and 19s.

Lets hope all players buy in and we can put our best teams on the park.

That game v Southern was one of the best games I've watched ever. Good to see it's back.

Nope. No facilities will be ready. They’ll kick off with seniors 2025

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thank you mate. Are the new facilities up near the train station? Keen to see them have a crack in 2025. I know a few lads that will put their hand up to play once they get started

Just seen Wallan re signed Shaun Stewart, geez the recruiting they’re doing is unbelievable. Wonder how they are with points and salary cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back