RDFNL 2023 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see the live feed, how was the crowd? Hope it was a good turn out. And I hope the sporty afterwards was a success.

On SM-T500 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crowd number would have been alright, though it would have been great to see a lot more. Beers were $15ea at one stage i believe so I don’t know how many they would have sold lol. Hopefully it was worth it for them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crowd number would have been alright, though it would have been great to see a lot more. Beers were $15ea at one stage i believe so I don’t know how many they would have sold lol. Hopefully it was worth it for them.

$15 for a beer cannot be right

Went and watched Woodend vs Riddell today, first rdfl game in ten years.
A few things I took out of the game
1- Woodend made Riddell look slow
2- 85% of Riddell players spent far to much time calling for decisions from the umpire , it was actually embarrassing
If they put the same effort into the game then the result may have been different?
3-I hope Woodend aren’t paying tayte pears a single dollar , if so I’d cut ties immediately, worst player on the ground by a long long way
4-Riddell captain no.6 ? , am I missing something with this guy ?
Can’t kick , slow, talked a big game but delivers nothing
4- 19 for Riddell ( Ross ) makes Kevin Bartlett look like a team player !
This guy would have a shot 87 mtrs out with a wet pill , all about his stats , zero accountability for picking up an opponent, blokes like this guy any team can do with out
5-Woodend will finish top 3

2- 85% of Riddell players spent far to much time calling for decisions from the umpire , it was actually embarrassing
If they put the same effort into the game then the result may have been different?
3-I hope Woodend aren’t paying tayte pears a single dollar , if so I’d cut ties immediately, worst player on the ground by a long long way
This guy would have a shot 87 mtrs out with a wet pill , all about his stats , zero accountability for picking up an opponent, blokes like this guy any team can do with out
Didnt see any of the game but Grabham the Riddell captain was very good in the grand final last year and just about every time I have see him play he is in their best.
we all have off days.

As a Riddell follower from afar they arnt as good as last year. 8 blokes out from the gf team with a lot of older heads gone. Looks like they are blooding the next generation of kids with a few additions but a fair bit off from last years talent. Thought they were out coached with certain positions, lacking key position players. I have no idea why tarczon rucks in the forward line when it’s wet as they were lacking big bodies around the ball when it hit the ground. Will be better in the dry on a bigger ground but won’t threaten for a flag but they are a very proud club so who nows, will be hurting after that result. Definitely got rough end of stick from umps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three very interesting games this week. After last weeks result Diggers v Woodend becomes match of the round for mine but all 3 match ups look very competitive.

I’m tipping Diggers over Woodend, Riddell to beat Macedon and Wallan to beat Romsey but could easily be wrong in all games. No doubt there’ll be plenty to discuss after this weekend

Interesting side note, Riddell and Woodend will both have played 2 games by the end of the weekend whilst Lancefield don’t play until the following week. Any advantage (or disadvantage?) to the Tigers having a shorter season?

Diggers are red hot favourites for mine now.
100% theirs to lose
Top 4 is pretty much set with only 5 th up for grabs and romsey should grab that.
Big fall from grace from Macedon over the last few years , hearing very much a “boys” club now , had a look at them yesterday and they won’t bother to many sides above them at all.
3-5 wins for the year at best
They are spending a bit on their net ballers though so guess they have their priorities right hey….

Attended my first ever RDFNL game yesterday and chose the Macedon v Diggers Rest game played at Macedon. And what a great day it was. Perfect weather, beautiful ground and a decent crowd. The pre-game ANZAC ceremony was spot-on. The queue for the canteen lasted all day so thankfully they had a sausage sizzle going as well. I took my camcorder and captured some game-day scenes as well as the ANZAC ceremony, the post-game medal presentations and DR belting out their victory song. My video from yesterday in now on YouTube - link below. Thankyou and congrats to both teams and the organisers for a memorable day.

Last edited:
Attended my first ever RDFNL game yesterday and chose the Macedon v Diggers Rest game played at Macedon. And what a great day it was. Perfect weather, beautiful ground and a decent crowd. The pre-game ANZAC ceremony was spot-on. The queue for the canteen lasted all day so thankfully they had a sausage sizzle going as well. I took my camcorder and captured some game-day scenes as well as the ANZAC ceremony, the post-game medal presentations and DR belting out their victory song. My video from yesterday in now on YouTube - link below. Thankyou and congrats to both teams and the organisers for a rememberable day.

Not many more picturesque grounds then Macedon on a nice day

Attended my first ever RDFNL game yesterday and chose the Macedon v Diggers Rest game played at Macedon. And what a great day it was. Perfect weather, beautiful ground and a decent crowd. The pre-game ANZAC ceremony was spot-on. The queue for the canteen lasted all day so thankfully they had a sausage sizzle going as well. I took my camcorder and captured some game-day scenes as well as the ANZAC ceremony, the post-game medal presentations and DR belting out their victory song. My video from yesterday in now on YouTube - link below. Thankyou and congrats to both teams and the organisers for a memorable day.

Was I right in seeing the last quarter only went for 20 minutes? Did I miss something? Do the timekeepers down there adjust (ie stop the clock) for time on?

Was I right in seeing the last quarter only went for 20 minutes? Did I miss something? Do the timekeepers down there adjust (ie stop the clock) for time on?
Well picked up! Actually it wasn't just the last quarter - it was every quarter. The time clocked jumped around and I couldn't work out what was going on. The time clock would jump back and forth in a confusing way. Hopefully someone on this site will be able to explain what was going on.

Last Quarter game-day scenes from the RESERVES Macedon v Diggers Rest game on ANZAC day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back