List Mgmt. Rebuild or refresh?

Rebuild or refresh?

• Rebuild

Votes: 71 35.1%
  • Refresh

Votes: 131 64.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

For mine, our backline depth is amazing. We have Grimes, Balta, Broad, Tarrant and Miller as our ready-made quality tall defenders. We only really need 2/3 on any given day based on matchups. Then we have Gibcus and Biggie who are still developing but could easily step into the role if required. Looking to the future - Balta, Gibcus, Miller and Biggie are all young KPD who can all play. We must be the envy of the competition with that sort of tall defender depth.

Add in our mid/small defenders - Vlaustin, Baker, Rioli and Short - and we are overflowing with depth there too. MacIntosh can play as a defender too. Then we have Mansfield and Brown waiting in the wings too.

Out of all the positions on the ground, we have the most quality depth in defense......with our midfield suddenly, not far behind!

For mine, our backline depth is amazing. We have Grimes, Balta, Broad, Tarrant and Miller as our ready-made quality tall defenders. We only really need 2/3 on any given day based on matchups. Then we have Gibcus and Biggie who are still developing but could easily step into the role if required. Looking to the future - Balta, Gibcus, Miller and Biggie are all young KPD who can all play. We must be the envy of the competition with that sort of tall defender depth.

Add in our mid/small defenders - Vlaustin, Baker, Rioli and Short - and we are overflowing with depth there too. MacIntosh can play as a defender too. Then we have Mansfield and Brown waiting in the wings too.

Out of all the positions on the ground, we have the most quality depth in defense......with our midfield suddenly, not far behind!

Agree.

Stop the easy possessions from contests and our backline will be miserly in 2023.

Forward line looks good, except for talls.

Midfield really solid quality and depth.

get that KPF and al of a sudden we have a rebuild on the run.

Did we trade Mancell for Mansfield?

Our problem is not our defenders and thats actually a part of the ground hat we were strong at and its the inability to win center ball and clearances that was our main problem. When the ball is just coming into the backline 3 seconds after a ball up or a throw in its hard for defenders to man up constantly

We also didnt get continuity from the start with our backs with injuries to Balta ,Grimes and tarrant taking 6-7 weeks to adapt
you cant expect the defenders to constantly negate the opposition fowards when the ball is coming in with no pressure

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The best mixture of defenders in the comp would still give up 100 points if there's 0 pressure from the midfield.

Did Magic read Konrad Marshall's book, or even listen to anything Dimma or the defenders say? The key is forcing dirty ball entries inside the forward 50 - that is, your midfield is pressuring and the best the oppo can do is hack the ball in. When they're strolling out of the midfield with options galore, the backline will get carved up because they are reactive, not proactive unlike forwards. That is why the acquisition of Taranto and Hopper is huge, now we can actually pressure oppo mids and let our backline do their thing.
I always say any without pressure up the ground we could have Rance, Scarlett & Silvagni in our backline & they'd struggle to defend a score too as the fwds are able to seperate & get on a lead etc & the kick can't be defended.

For those that like a footybet we’ve firmed from $10 on Sportsbet to outright 3rd favorite at $8 behind Geelong and Melbourne
I have taken the $10 still available on NEDS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back