Multiplat Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Remove this Banner Ad

Played 5 or so hours so far, not as scary as I thought it would be, certainly after playing the demo teaser, that gave me the creeps, however there has been a few moments where the heart started racing and I got the sweaty palms going.

Finished it! I took my sweet as time trying to find bobble heads and coins, which spread it out over 12 hours worth of gameplay. Thing is, I still missed out on two bobble heads and two coins, which left me one coin short for the MAG! Grrr!

Was very enjoyable, but as people have already said; as the game went on I felt it shift and became more of a shooter/cut scene orientated game. Still loved it, but my only gripe would be the levels on the shipwrecked ship, which I felt dragged and was unnecessary (apart from the obvious story arc aspect).

Has anyone played the add-ons yet? I heard they aren't compatible with the VR headset, so I'm not jumping to play them.

Spent my Sunday finishing the game, took me about 14 hours all up. Terrific game, my favourite RE game so far. Agree with a few others who said that towards the end it turned into more of a shooter, that did disappoint me a bit, the scare factor really fizzed out, but nonetheless it was still great.

Will get into the DLC ASAP, downloading volume 1 now.

Just finished this.

Took me bang on 10 hours. Overall, much like everyone else the opening 3/4's or so of the game is awesome. Simply brilliant horror game stuff. But then it loses a bit of momentum at the ship and after that. The first 3 big areas had good individual focus on each character and had its own theme, it was really well done. While it wasn't full of jump scares, there was definitely good tension all round.

I almost feel as if they'd have done better with this game not being a Resident Evil game, since the ship stuff is basically all them attempting to tie it into the narrative of the series.

Will definitely keep an eye on the season pass/DLC going on sale, as the descriptions of those sounds like more of what I want to play.

Last edited:
Still halfway through RE7, First time playing a horror game or ResEvil.
Im feeling a lot of SAW vibes currently, i mean i love watching the SAW films, just not being in one.

Its an outstanding game, but its already ruined me. Last night I got home from Work, and was taking my clothes off the line (at around 11;30), using only the torch from my phone, and surprise surprise the clothes Line creaks. This game will ruin me. I will never look at creaky doors the same ever again.

Anyone looking to book a trip to the Bayou Country anytime soon PM me

Just finished Res7
Bit dissatisfied with the ending, but what can you do.

Normal difficulty, only just missed 3 Coins and 2 files, feeling like I would of liked to get those Trophies on the same play through as the story.
So close, yet so far.

Would of been more immersed in the world if halfthrough through it didn't just turn into a shooter. I wanted more Horror elements.

Finished on the weekend. Was good, final boss fight was garbage

I went into this fresh knowing absolutely nothing about it. I bought it on the back of being a big fan of the series since the first game. I loved that it was Resi's answer to Texas Chainsaw Massacre and other Southern gothic tropes. It felt fresh yet just like classic Resi at the same time. It's the only installment that I can recall actually scaring me, which it managed to do regularly. Very moody and atmospheric. It was good to see RE return to its survival horror roots. I enjoyed the story and felt like it had a satisfying ending
including a wtf twist I didn't see coming

I felt like it was balanced, I enjoyed the combat, the enemies and it looks amazing. One small gripe: I still have no idea if you can have four weapons equipped, carry extra weapons and switch to one of the extra ones, or if you have to manage your weapons by placing / taking them from the item box.

Finished it! I took my sweet as time trying to find bobble heads and coins, which spread it out over 12 hours worth of gameplay. Thing is, I still missed out on two bobble heads and two coins, which left me one coin short for the MAG! Grrr!

Was very enjoyable, but as people have already said; as the game went on I felt it shift and became more of a shooter/cut scene orientated game. Still loved it, but my only gripe would be the levels on the shipwrecked ship, which I felt dragged and was unnecessary (apart from the obvious story arc aspect).

Has anyone played the add-ons yet? I heard they aren't compatible with the VR headset, so I'm not jumping to play them.

No way! I finished the game, after checking my stats. I was 2 coins short and 1 file short from collecting two eat trophies on the first play through. Didnt know u get a reward for collecting the coins

I now know it was the file at the very begining when you go past the crashed van outside the gate.

I'm up to the bit where I've just got out of the main house. So far, it has really mimicked Alien: Isolation's intense cat-and-mouse feel. I second those who've shat themselves in squishy goodness.

The VR needs a camera on it so it can see my hands and augment them into the game and wave them around + hold a gun. Many wanking gestures would be performed, too, oh yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back