Review of the Coaches loss against the Saints. Changes for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

The players of devoid of confidence and make simple skill errors.

Have the biggest Auskick game plan of dump kicks forward.

The best analogy I have for Leon’s game plan going forward is to chip kick it slowly and setup behind the ball defensively and then it’s the 6 pocket theory from pool

*6 pocket theory = hit the ball as hard as you can let fete decide if you sink a ball in one of the 6 pockets

Look, we're just not that good a team.

We can change the coach but we're a long off 2016-19.

Losing JC was the end of an era.
We have the talent, you can see that when we play its there. The game plan and structural changes every few minutes killing us. No one seems to know what they are supposed to be doing.

We have the talent, you can see that when we play its there. The game plan and structural changes every few minutes killing us. No one seems to know what they are supposed to be doing.
We lack a spearhead up front.

Some talented players absolutely stinking it up at the moment.

Maybe none worse than Sam Taylor who bizarrely looks like a Div 3 VAFA player all of a sudden.

B N.Haynes J.Stein C.Idun
HB I.Cumming S.Taylor H.Perryman
C L.Ash S.Coniglio L.Whitfield
HF T.Taranto H.Himmleberg J.Brander
F T.Greene J.Hogan J.Peatling
FOLL: B.Pruess J.Kelly T.Green
INTER: C.Ward, M.Flynn, F.Callaghan, J.Fahey
Sub: A.Kennedy

If I was Briggs, I would walk into Leon’s office on Monday and demand to play at AO next week.

Otherwise, I’d be looking for a trade away ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have been very strongly in favour of a dignified exit for Leon while we are still a possibility of salvaging season 2022.

However, for whatever reason, the CEO and Board appear determined to continue their controlled demolition of the Club and total personal humiliation of Leon.

Matthew Nicks, who has the Crows above us on the ladder with a weaker list, will defeat Leon at Adelaide Oval.

IMO, this will represent the lowest point in Club history.

I think selection is almost irrelevant at this point as the rot has set into the walls.

Only a HC reset can change the failed dynamic.

Agreed.

I glimpsed the real team we know in the 2nd quarter last night.

There’s a good team trying to break out of a failed game plan and completely randomly assembled set of player magnets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some talented players absolutely stinking it up at the moment.

Maybe none worse than Sam Taylor who bizarrely looks like a Div 3 VAFA player all of a sudden.

Actually I thought Sam Taylor was okay.

The defensive side was shocking for GWS last night

How Higgins got away with what he did was criminal

BTW, Idun is not a forward

This is my GWS team for next week

B N.Haynes J.Stein C.Idun
HB I.Cumming L Aleer H.Perryman
C J Kelly T Taranto F Callaghan
HF S Coniglio J Hogan L. Whitfield
F L Ash S. Taylor J.Brander
FOLL: B.Pruess T Greene T.Green
INTER: C.Ward, M.Flynn, Bruhn, J.Fahey
Sub: X O Halloran

I would be putting Haynes under the grill to, I would be telling the extra ruckman to drift back and help the defence where possible to. If things get iffy down back Taylor can be moved back to the backline

Last edited:
A coaching change is desperately needed everything looks so mundane out there for them the skill errors and bad decision making really held us back tonight

2 observations

How easy it is for opposition to transition from D50 in all games so far
Just lacking pressure in all parts of the ground

Not much in terms of experience to bring in, MDB, XOH, Brander, Briggs, Brown and Peatling with experience in reserves and really only Peatling and XOH are options for this week although I think XOH needs a few weeks in reserves to tidy up his disposal
Although you could say that about plenty above him

My changes Hogan to come back in and depending on todays game Peatling to be medi sub
Cupboard is bare

Idun Taylor Haynes
Cumming Keefe Whitfield
Ash Ward Kelly
Taranto HH Bruhn
Hill Hogan Greene
Preuss Coniglio Green
Perryman Callaghan Kennedy Flynn
Medi-sub Peatling

Taranto to play forward primarily
Perryman rotate defence
Callaghan and Kennedy to rotate mids sending miss forward to rotate with the small forwards
Not sure on who but Ash to play negative either mid or Hber

If Hill plays again we have lost the plot. I don't care we have no small fwds, you cannot keep playing somebody in the role who refuses to apply pressure. 1 tackle in the past 2 matches is absolute bullshit.
at the moment he isn’t giving much in attack either.

I know he didn’t look comfortable with ball in hand up forward and has been one of our most reliable defenders however whilst Idun was forward we looked better defensively in our forward 50.

Shows how much we really miss Daniel Lloyd.

Shows how much we really miss Daniel Lloyd.

On field output per salary dollar, Lloyd must be close to the best signing in club history.

Love the Lloyd.

Key forward Jesse Hogan will put his hand up for selection this week as the team prepares to head to Adelaide to take on the Crows on Saturday afternoon. Hogan had his training load managed last week after reporting soreness following the team’s round five game against the Dees. He returns to full training this week.

The GIANTS are also set to be bolstered by the inclusions of Conor Stone and Zach Sproule pending tests this week.

Stone returns from a hamstring injury he sustained during the AAMI Community Series, while forward Zach Sproule also looks likely for an early return from his shoulder injury.

GIANTS Head of Medical Services James Rahme said:  

“Conor has progressed through his rehab process well and will have some fitness tests to pass this week before he is available for selection."

“Zach returned to full training last week and has done an excellent job on his rehab. His professionalism, and the way he’s gone about everything has been outstanding. It will be an early return for him which is great reward for the work he’s put in."

Brent Daniels transitioned into light footy skills last week following a pre-season foot injury, with a return to play tracking for 2-3 weeks.

Injury List – April 26

Conor Stone Hamstring Test
Zach Sproule Shoulder Test
Brent Daniels Foot 2-3 weeks
Daniel Lloyd Arm 4-6 weeks
Jacob Hopper Knee 2 months
Phil Davis Hamstring 2 months
Jack Buckley Knee 3 months

Remove this Banner Ad

Back