Richmond score spreadsheets 1908, 1960 to Rd 14 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome stuff! Some aspects of it are actually easier to read than afltables. It's similar info but great that you can keep it personalized how you want it.
I keep a similar spreadsheet for my collection of games I have available to watch .. videos, dvds, downloads. Only addition I have that you might like, and it would be a massive chore for you to add it now, is a column for notes on unique things. Milestone games, debuts etc.
The formulas you have to "self fill" some of the info is great. I haven't worked on learning how to do that even though I'm sure it's not too difficult.
Cheers!

Ideally I’d have all this stuff available to select in a single template. It’s a pain if I want to change something of the look or feel.

I’m also working on a project to practice data structures and algorithms where I can generate that stuff automatically from a database in a custom app. Atm it only generates a ladder for any given year and round from a command prompt in Windows. All in good time...

Ideally I’d have all this stuff available to select in a single template. It’s a pain if I want to change something of the look or feel.

I’m also working on a project to practice data structures and algorithms where I can generate that stuff automatically from a database in a custom app. Atm it only generates a ladder for any given year and round from a command prompt in Windows. All in good time...
that's fantastic mate, great work. given the meticulous way you have formatted and used each of the columns in each tab identically, if you could import this into MS Access you would have a fantastic (and fairly simple to use) database to extract some great info to export to the app and also just use as stand alone. Eg. pull out a report of MCG attendances & averages since year ....

Thanks so much for sharing

Thanks Fraser67 :)

Not too keen on using Access. I've experimented with using MySQL, probably would be the way to go, but just for the exercise I'm going to try doing something with vectors and hash tables.

I'd love to do a standalone app. The only one I ever saw was a package called Footystats. I still have the floppy disc for it somewhere (that dates it!) Mind you, with everyone being online virtually 24/7 a website would work just as well. See what happens...

Thanks Fraser67 :)

Not too keen on using Access. I've experimented with using MySQL, probably would be the way to go, but just for the exercise I'm going to try doing something with vectors and hash tables.

I'd love to do a standalone app. The only one I ever saw was a package called Footystats. I still have the floppy disc for it somewhere (that dates it!) Mind you, with everyone being online virtually 24/7 a website would work just as well. See what happens...
i reckon I might have had Footy stats as well ! Rings a bell for sure. agree re Access, was more meaning from the relative ease of integrating Excel into Access given you've done the hard yards in Excel

For those who are interested. Not a patch on afltables.com, but I enjoy maintaining these spreadsheets (for every team btw)...

whoa someone has too much spare time :)

that is great and very nice presentation

says the man who is collecting quaddie stats and getting very square eyed :-(

For those who are interested. Not a patch on afltables.com, but I enjoy maintaining these spreadsheets (for every team btw)...
Brilliant work mate. This combines two of my favourite things ... Richmond, and stats in Excel.

Excellent stuff ... and yours includes ladder positions which afltables.com doesn't!
Any reason why no stats between 1908 and 66?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting stat: Our points for this year has been exactly the same as in rounds 17, 18 and 19 in 2017! Good omen perhaps? :think:

Another interesting stat: As of round 19 2019 we've achieved a six match winning streak for the fourth time in the last 48 matches. To put that into perspective, we had only done that three times (1994, 1995 & 2014) in the 811 matches (if my maths are correct) since our 11 match winning streak in 1980. These are good days.

Last edited:
Interesting stats:

* Biggest win of 2019. (sorry, that was against Gold Coast :rolleyes:, so here's a another fun "big win" stat: Biggest win of any team over GWS since Sydney beat them by 89 points in round 21, 2015. Last time they had a bigger loss was against......Richmond! Jack kicked 11 in their round 10 match of 2014 as the tiges won by 113 points.)
* Club record winning margin in a Grand Final.
* 165.24% for the last 12 rounds.
* 12 wins in a row = our equal longest ever winning streak.
* Giants lowest score ever.
* Conceded the lowest score in a Grand Final since 1960 when the average season score was 70 points.
* Only Brisbane and Carlton have had longer winning streaks going into and including a grand final, however, we had a bigger percentage across those last 12 games.
* Average score conceded was a mere 60 points.
* Goal scoring percentage across that time is 57.5 compared to the opposition's 49.8.
* I have yet to verify it but I doubt any team has come from 9th as late as round 14 to win the premiership.

Finally, we're freakin' awesome!!!! GO THE TIGES!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back