the_big_sav

Premiership Player
May 29, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
whats the big deal about the tuffnell thing?

my guess is that they asked him to do it not he came out and said i wanna bag the aussies, it was a 2-3min filla coming back from the ads.

what a bloody sook, Ponting was the first captain to lose the ashes in 16 years serves him right to be bagged and makde fun of anyway

what a baby, Ponting stop having a cry and get a sense of humour

Exactly, it was a chance to celebrate the year of Australian cricket. Having a Pom rubbing it in is not appropriate for such an event.

There was nothing wrong with what Tufnel said, in fact it was quite entertaining, but it was just not the right forum for it.

the_big_sav said:
whats the big deal about the tuffnell thing?

my guess is that they asked him to do it not he came out and said i wanna bag the aussies, it was a 2-3min filla coming back from the ads.

what a bloody sook, Ponting was the first captain to lose the ashes in 16 years serves him right to be bagged and makde fun of anyway

what a baby, Ponting stop having a cry and get a sense of humour

Exactly.

This whole thing is an absolute beat-up.

It's not as though Ponting went on and on about it, or demanded an explanation. He didn't fly into a rage.

He made one comment. He said he thought the timing was a bit off, and that it probably wasn't the right place for the package to be aired.

That seems to be a pretty measured assessment to me. I wouldn't characterise it as "having a sook".

The media have blown this up into a bigger deal than it ever was. They're creating a controversy where there never was one. And, as usual, there are plenty of dullards on BigFooty who are happy to go along for the ride.

Gunnar Longshanks said:

It's not as though Ponting went on and on about it, or demanded an explanation. He didn't fly into a rage.

He made one comment. He said he thought the timing was a bit off, and that it probably wasn't the right place for the package to be aired.

That seems to be a pretty measured assessment to me. I wouldn't characterise it as "having a sook".

The media have blown this up into a bigger deal than it ever was. They're creating a controversy where there never was one. And, as usual, there are plenty of dullards on BigFooty who are happy to go along for the ride.

Who is this guy, i like his posts and he makes sense.

Totally agree mate.

It's not so much Tuffnel being out of line, it's the fact that it was at Cricket Australia's night of nights. As I said in another thread, it would be like Ron Barassi giving it to West Coast at West Coast's best and fairest.

I thought Tuffnel actually being there was supposed to be the Joke.

It's an absolute media beat-up. It was the wrong place to show it though. Its a night to celebrate Australian cricket.

BUT interestingly in the paper it said that McGrath was meant to make a reply to Tuffnel's "joke" on the night but was unable to because of being with his wife.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gunnar Longshanks said:

He was still sooking about it on Tuesday :rolleyes:

it was meant to be funny however wasnt really that funny. part of it was but most of it was lame.
ponting shouldnt worry, true it was the aussies night however we'll be celebrating the ashes victory next summer so dont worry ricky.

eddiesmith said:
He was still sooking about it on Tuesday :rolleyes:

it's a catch 22...

if he answers one of the 100 questions on the topic then he's sooking because he's still going on about it

if he says 'look leave it out' or 'no comment' then he's being precious and 'refusing to respond'

it's a beat up and, as usual, it's eddie in the middle trying to score some cheap points

demon_dave said:
give me a break and get a sense of humor, Ponting's a sook and a little girl

Exactly, and he's got plenty of mates in the side. We shouldn't be surprised, every time someone dares stand up to them they don't like it (McGrath v Sarwan, Vaughan v Langer & Steve Waugh for example).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back