Summer RIO 2016 - Basketball 6th to 21st Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say recruiters discouraged him from playing, without explicitly saying he couldn't go. Never piss off your new employers, good rule.

Yeah wanted to spend as much time with Philadelphia which I understand and long term is the right call. He would be a valuable asset to the team, but I don't see him being the difference between winning and losing at this stage of his career. I have little doubt in 4 years time he will be the man and he will be the cornerstone of the Boomers in Tokyo.

Why do they keep repeating the Opals over and over again when we could be watching Team USA :mad:

Don't think Simmons would struggle. shouldn't be a starter but coming off the bench. wouldnt have to play spectacular but he adds length, rebounding power and a driving threat or a drive and dish out with his passing. More valuable than say Goulding standing in the corner.

He wouldn't be the first young kid to play without seeing proffesional games. I wouldn't play him if our hopes purely rested on him but surrounded by the best team we have seen he could handle it.

Yeah, Delly played in London while still at Saint Mary's and did damn fine.

Simmons would go real well if there but he's not and I ain't even mad about it.

Marv and Doug Collins commentating :eek:

Maybe it's because I've been listening to Basil commentate the swimming for the last week, but I gotta say the commentary for the basketball has been outstanding. The call for the Aus-USA game was great. They showed an appropriate amount of excitement without getting carried away. They didn't succumb to blatant barracking or hyping up our guys as superstars like the AFL media would. They remained impartial and showed genuine excitement when the American stars hit a big three.

Gaze in particular was great. Carmelo was knocking down big threes in a tight finish and he was showing genuine excitement. His love of the game really shined through.

So we've qualified 2nd in our pool winning all our games by healthy margins with the exception of a 10 point loss to the US

Even better by doing the heavy lifting in early games against France and Serbia we were able to back off on minutes for our starters against China and Venezuela (Bogut and Mills both sat out a game each) to conserve their energy for the huge games to come

Hugely impressive performance from the Boomers in the group stage. They were supremely confident going into the tournament and just one loss in the group stage has them well on the way to medal contention.

Will be interesting to see who they play next in the quarter finals. They'll come up against the third ranked team from group B which is still well and truly up for grabs.

Great performance as noted above in the Boomers group stage. Was good to get some game time again into the bench, with Chris Goulding helping himself to 22 points. With Patty Mills rested, we are in an ideal place for the quarter finals coming up.

The only concern was Bairstow's shoulder(?) injury - hopefully it isn't too bad as he is important coming off the bench and for rotations.

Great performance as noted above in the Boomers group stage. Was good to get some game time again into the bench, with Chris Goulding helping himself to 22 points. With Patty Mills rested, we are in an ideal place for the quarter finals coming up.

The only concern was Bairstow's shoulder(?) injury - hopefully it isn't too bad as he is important coming off the bench and for rotations.
Goulding scored well , could be handy when delly and mills are rested during next 3 games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope we don't come up against Lithuania, that result against Spain is suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our offense doe

QONVIyz.gif

Kyrie's defense is beyond attrocious. Wouldn't even make the Boomers team with his lack of effort on that end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back