RMD - ResMed Inc.

Remove this Banner Ad

ResMed Inc. is a developer, manufacturer and distributor of medical equipment for treating, diagnosing, and managing sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) and other respiratory disorders. SDB includes obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and other respiratory disorders that occur during sleep. The Comapany’s portfolio of products for the treatment of OSA and other forms of SDB includes airflow generators, diagnostic products, mask systems, headgear and other accessories. ResMed Holdings Limited is the Company’s Australian subsidiary.

I have a couple of these. Not doing to well at the moment obviously, but the number of people affected by sleeping disorders is constantly increasing.

EDIT - Actually, i'm wrong. I hadn't checked my port folio in a few months, but it appears as though they are in the green. I bought them at $4.79 about 2 years ago and they are now at $5.49

Go you good thing...

I have a couple of these. Not doing to well at the moment obviously, but the number of people affected by sleeping disorders is constantly increasing.

EDIT - Actually, i'm wrong. I hadn't checked my port folio in a few months, but it appears as though they are in the green. I bought them at $4.79 about 2 years ago and they are now at $5.49

Go you good thing...

Two things, one check your portfolio more often than once every two years! ;)

Secondly, I'd slowly begin to reduce the stock over the next 6 months, health stocks tend to be a defensive pick, especially during the tough times.

I used to check it nearly every day, but with the recent market position, I can't bare to look at my portfolio.

Most of my stuff is long term investments anyway.

My long term investment share. I'm gonna look into Cochlear as well, the amount of people listening to iPod full blast on train for a certain amount of time will mean more people will be semi deaf in the future but it's hard to calculate these sort of things (Sort of like Invocare forecasting the death rate of Australian in the future).

i reckon it's a dud. I used to hold it.

It's risen on the back of most sales being in USA, so forex seems to help.

But their major components are priced in USD, so I think profit will be disappointing.

I also don't see CPAP as being a long term solution to apnea. Laser surgery is slowly taking over.

I like it.

Solid revenues.

Apnea is becoming more and commonly diagnosed, so the growth outlook is solid.

Good to hold on to incase we're in the midst of a bear rally as it'll hold up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back