Game Day RND 19 - Carlton v North Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random question - what is written on their wrist straps - noticed it last week as well Betts and a few others have something written in black texta. It’s clearly not the game plan as there isn’t one today
They hand out different ones

Don't tackle
Don't run
Don't chase
Don't lead
Don't defend
Don't hit a teammate by hand
Don't hit a teammate by foot

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Haha we were never a legit chance of finals. We haven't been all year. I don't know how supporters don't see games like this coming

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Thank you.

I'm as glass half-full as they come, but until we earn the right to play finals over months of sustained effort, I will cringe whenever the word comes up.

Well done .. wait until the game is over before you put one of your tall marking defenders up forward to provide some tall marking capability

just quality decision making isn’t it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the 3rd quarter melts. Sky is falling blah blah.

That was a poor quarter, as bad as you'll see this year from us. But we were moving the ball well and matching them with sh*t structure and Weitering getting spanked in first half.

Finals were never really a go after our start and injuries. North have been good lately so the narrative of being disappointing losing to the bottom team is showing them complete disrespect.

Perspective.

I will say sadly that the media and fans will probably call for his head after the result, ignoring the above.

Do you really think BSilvagni Macreadie or Goddard all defenders would make the least bit of difference if they where still available ? .
Not much you can do when you have 4 tall forwards and 2 rucks unavailable .
Well other than the coach/team taking a manic pressure attitude rather than this bruise free sh*t we have today .

Maybe not, but why didn't we look to replace them? That's what I said. We delisted 3 and recruited one, and even that one was an afterthought.

Ladder position is irrelevant. Had North played like they have the past month for the season they'd be about where we are. Their improvement has been impressive. Much like we got the Crows at their best last year.

We're about right. Capable of good footy, capable of playing like today. Not a finals sode despite the potential.
Really bang on here, their win v WC in Perth and Bombers form last week way better than what we’ve offered lately. I posted early in week we had to be 101% to beat them ( pre Harry out) and it’s the way it’s turned out

A wake up call to all those who thought Teague's Carlton team were going along ok.

We don't want Business As Usual going forward ... otherwise nothing will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back